Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norwich v Swindon Caribou Cup  (Read 24947 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:18:57 »

Highest attendance of the night,  13,166 of the other 28 games only Sheffield Wednesday achieved more than 10,000 (11,682).
7 games with less than crowds of 3,000.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:21:52 »

Thought Mansfield under Steve Evans were massive now. They achieved the virtually impossible feat of getting an even lower attendance than Forest Green.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Chrystovski

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:25:59 »

(going on highlights only)

Nice to see us going in for a few challenges.
We looked a little static at the back for all 3 of their goals but putting that down to the team needing time to gel and the fact the oppo were 2 divisions above.

Nice to see another goal from a set piece, I reckon we've already beaten last years total already.

I also have no idea who half the team is...I'm sat there looking at those highlights going 'who's that??'
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:28:09 by Chrystovski » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:34:19 »

I also have no idea who half the team is...I'm sat there looking at those highlights going 'who's that??'

I have a "friend" who may have watched the Carlisle game "from the USA."
He (or she) had the squad number list open for just that reason.
https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/201718-squad-numbers-revealed/
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:53:56 »

I will go out on a limb here and state we won't concede any goals, all season long, like the ones we conceded last night in any league games!  That's the sort of goals we would manage when we had Luongo, Gladwin, Swift et al playing for us, and if any of our league friends can muster a 7 figure transfer fee I might need to eat those words, but quite frankly, no L2 side is going to manage that.  We'll concede "better" goals but not ones born from such a style of football.  The defence hasn't been set-up to combat that type of on purpose attacking style.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 13:56:15 »

Highest attendance of the night,  13,166 of the other 28 games only Sheffield Wednesday achieved more than 10,000 (11,682).
7 games with less than crowds of 3,000.

I was at Reading v Gillingham last night. Tickets were £7 and under 6K turned up. Quite poor for them I thought, particularly with such cheap tickets.
Flashheart

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 14:02:45 »

I will go out on a limb here and state we won't concede any goals, all season long, like the ones we conceded last night in any league games!  That's the sort of goals we would manage when we had Luongo, Gladwin, Swift et al playing for us, and if any of our league friends can muster a 7 figure transfer fee I might need to eat those words, but quite frankly, no L2 side is going to manage that.  We'll concede "better" goals but not ones born from such a style of football.  The defence hasn't been set-up to combat that type of on purpose attacking style.

My thoughts exactly. No L2 team is likely to have either the tactical set-up or the personnel to pull off such intricate passing.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 14:36:30 »

See gareth gilman's post 8 above yours.

My bad, missed that.  thanks

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 14:37:38 »

Also YouTube Highlights here

Thank you

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 14:50:26 »

Snap
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 15:58:06 »

It was way more fun steadfastly refusing to pause the shots and rewind and not having such devise as a team list as a way of figuring out who the players were! Mullins actually took me a while (not having any clue what squad numbers were issued either),  but I think he'll be easily spotted from now on.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 16:02:57 »

To me, Mullin and Norris look similar
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 16:09:18 »

To me, Mullin and Norris look similar

Racist
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, August 9, 2017, 17:16:15 »

Think the comments about our defence are a little harsh bearing in mind the opposition.  Norwich put out a strong side & I thought we did quite well for most of the game, but their class told on several occasions, they always had a yard or two & were rapid in their movement.  I think at times we played like a very good L2 team, loads of energy and passion & having seen the new set up feel a hell of a lot more optimistic than I did a couple of months ago.

Our work rate and effort was fantastic & whereby I thought we might fade towards the end, we actually came close to grabbing an unlikely equaliser.  Love Mullins, a bit headless chicken 1st half but great in the second up top with Smith and really unlucky with his late chance.  We looked like scoring on every set piece around the box.

Got drenched but enjoyed the game, early days but positive start!
Chrystovski

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, August 10, 2017, 07:45:16 »

Clap
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: