Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle United Official *Official Match Day Thread*  (Read 25742 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 21:56:04 »

Luke Williams speak from Keith Curle

"We had five chances which we couldn’t put past the goalkeeper, but we didn’t have any clear-cut chances.”

"I haven’t seen the goal but I thought it was offside" is a lovely quote.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 22:16:37 »

He's a proper niggly cunt, I love him a little bit already.

Maybe the reason the natives were upset was that they thought he assisted the ball into the net with his hand?

I bet his fave cheese is hard cheddar.
EldeneRed

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 22:23:15 »

Just got home.

Positives:
We fight for the ball all over the pitch.

Our players seem up for It, real passion when going for balls and after scoring.

Flitcroft building a good relationship with the fans it seems.

We have a good mix of strength and technique.

We win the ball well in the air and look threatening when going forward.

Negatives:
Brophy and Goddard are easily bullied off the ball, and had to make a few less than ideal passes,.

The number of injuries for the first week is slightly worrying. Especially Norris, who was a workhorse at the start.

We tapered off towards the end and our players looked tired, giving the ball away a lot. They worked hard though.
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 22:56:24 »

Same thing happened under PDC didn't it? But by mid season we were steamrollering sides as we ran and ran past the 90 minute mark.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 5, 2017, 23:15:49 »

Did anyone point to or kiss the badge? I refuse to accept that the players or management are passionate otherwise.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 03:08:41 »

I do not believe so, although Mullin was a bit close to the edge, and we are in the play offs as things stand, which is nice.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 14:55:01 by RobertT » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 14:36:40 »

Quote from: Posh Red
The natives don't like Mullin  much Smiley
He's a proper niggly cunt, I love him a little bit already.

ha, l look forward to the opposition fans moaning then
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 17:09:28 »

He usually just tried to knock me out/give me a nosebleed

Cheesy  Let it go...

I hung my boots up a long time ago now so you are safe..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 17:24:38 »

That save I made with my face was the pinnacle of my football career, I will not let it go!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 17:58:12 »

Maybe the reason the natives were upset was that they thought he assisted the ball into the net with his hand?

I bet his fave cheese is hard cheddar.
I think it was more to do with him going down too easily a couple of times.

He looks like he can get booked four times a game: persistent fouling, bad challenge, diving, dissent.

He's a handful and the opposition are going to hate him. He's my new cult fave (based on one game) just because of his energy and desire - something we've not seen a lot of in the past couple of seasons.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 18:06:11 »

CUFC have had the whole summer to give the seats a bit of a wipe down.
Not a bit of it. Dirty bastards.

Welcome to League 2.
Might seem a bit petty to some, but I agree (even though I try to stand every game).

The amount of old encrusted bird shit on seats and floor kind of indicated that fans (maybe just in the away section) aren't worth the effort. I was half hoping that they tried to force everyone to sit down, 'I'll sit, if you clean my seat'.

Having said that, all the ticket office staff and stewards I encountered were a good bunch. 
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 18:12:28 »

Did anyone point to or kiss the badge? I refuse to accept that the players or management are passionate otherwise.
One of the coaching staff thumped the badge on his top when the travelling fans were applauded at the end. Seriously premature!!!

Early days, but there did seem to be some genuine togetherness on show. Hopefully the couple of on-pitch grumbles in the second half show a desire to win, rather than trying to apportion blame.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 18:45:13 »

Might seem a bit petty to some, but I agree (even though I try to stand every game).

The amount of old encrusted bird shit on seats and floor kind of indicated that fans (maybe just in the away section) aren't worth the effort. I was half hoping that they tried to force everyone to sit down, 'I'll sit, if you clean my seat'.

Having said that, all the ticket office staff and stewards I encountered were a good bunch. 
It seems to be a wide spread problem at Brunton Park for some reason, not just the away end. So much so that they have a thread dedicated to the issue...

https://www.thecumbrians.net/index.php/cufc-forum/main-forum/5839-birdshit?limitstart=0
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 20:03:30 »

That save I made with my face was the pinnacle of my football career, I will not let it go!

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Amir

« Reply #119 on: Sunday, August 6, 2017, 20:22:39 »

Was it as good as this one, from around 6.30 onwards? Fine save by Parkin my arse.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: