Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle (A) vaguely official pre-matchday thread  (Read 16476 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 15:44:27 »

I fell over at Hadrians wall. True story.
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 22:46:28 »

I'm going...first time to Carlisle away in, um, 30 years.

But luckily I'm not old or anything, oh no.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 06:13:14 »

I'm going...first time to Carlisle away in, um, 30 years.

But luckily I'm not old or anything, oh no.
That must have been the 3-0 win towards the end of the season. Scott Endersby was in goal for Carlisle IIRC. I was there as well and like you, I am not old  Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 06:22:37 »

That must have been the 3-0 win towards the end of the season. Scott Endersby was in goal for Carlisle IIRC. I was there as well and like you, I am not old  Smiley

Another non oldie who was there albeit not for the full 90 when I accidentally climbed the fence and got on the pitch. The copper who threw me out was decent though.
Also went there the year we got relegated to Div 4 for the 1st time. 1-1 Beardsley for them, Rideout for us. Even though it was a few years earlier, like Christy and OSt, I'm not old.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 06:59:03 »

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20090144

My only trip to Carlisle. Didn't realise the free kick was deflected!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 07:32:04 »

Talking to somebody yesterday who had to drive to Preston last Saturday, took almost seven hours because of traffic and roadworks!!  Leave enough time guys!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 08:22:45 »

Talking to somebody yesterday who had to drive to Preston last Saturday, took almost seven hours because of traffic and roadworks!!  Leave enough time guys!
I do that drive a lot and that's very rare, usually 4 hours max to Preston, the longest I've had was 6 hours around Christmas time. Another 1.5 hours to Carlisle. Leave at 7am and you'll likely be there in plenty of time for a pub lunch!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 08:57:34 »

I do that drive a lot and that's very rare, usually 4 hours max to Preston, the longest I've had was 6 hours around Christmas time. Another 1.5 hours to Carlisle. Leave at 7am and you'll likely be there in plenty of time for a pub lunch!
I agree, maybe they were unlucky!
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 09:05:49 »

What does everyone reckon Swindon's starting XI will be tomorrow and the formation?
Panda Paws

« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 09:59:44 »

What does everyone reckon Swindon's starting XI will be tomorrow and the formation?

Toss up between Norris and H Smith but think Norris will get the nod. Same as Goddard v Mullin.

SHows we need depth at the back - another LB and CB before the end of August, along with a utility forward (like Woolery) and think we're done.
---
LV

Purkiss
Lancashire (c)
Conroy
Hussey

Dunne
Linganzi
Thomas

McDermott
Norris
Goddard
---
Henry
T Smith
Robertson
Brophy
Iandolo
Mullin
H Smith
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 10:17:25 »

Toss up between Norris and H Smith but think Norris will get the nod. Same as Goddard v Mullin.

SHows we need depth at the back - another LB and CB before the end of August, along with a utility forward (like Woolery) and think we're done.
---
LV

Purkiss
Lancashire (c)
Conroy
Hussey

Dunne
Linganzi
Thomas

McDermott
Norris
Goddard
---
Henry
T Smith
Robertson
Brophy
Iandolo
Mullin
H Smith

I imagine that Twine will at least get on the bench as Flitcroft seems very keen on him?
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 10:21:55 »

I imagine that Twine will at least get on the bench as Flitcroft seems very keen on him?

Think Twine will be used more in the checkatrade and other cup games, same for Tom Smith. They both have been spoken highly of by Flitcroft so definitely will get chances at some point.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 10:49:17 »

Surely must be 4 or so to come if gone so public in saying Starkey/Evans and Ouldridge not in the reckoning.
We already have one, possibly long term, injury. Starting 18 pretty much nailed on Vigs,Purkiss,Robertson,Conroy,Lancashire, Hussey,Dunne, Lingzani,Thomas, T Smith,Goddard,McDermott, Iandolo, H Smith, Norris, Mullin, Henry,Brophy. Couple of kids Twine and Young to supplement that but that's not going to be enough to cope with inevitable knocks, suspensions that will happen before end of August.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:14:42 »

I expect DF has two or three in mind, not to mention a couple of loans which inevitably will be used to bolster the squad
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 11:58:54 »

There will definitely be some additions but unless he comes across an exceptional player who will greatly improve the team, they will be bit-part or backup players, I think DF has his 11 already worked out and I can't see that changing, depending on where we are in January that may change.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: