Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle (A) vaguely official pre-matchday thread  (Read 16484 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:56:52 »

Just got my ticket. Somebody at the club agreed to let me collect at Carlisle after my half-hour call to Ticketmaster resulted in them telling me I have to drive 200 miles to collect it from the County Ground.

(Prices go up by £3 on matchday, something the OS has failed to mention)

So, on a lighter note, who's going? Rumours of 500+ which would be a great way to start the season.
EldeneRed

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:59:45 »

I'm going. I don't think it'll be 500+ as we've only been allocated 400 or so tickets according to the club. I'll confirm numbers later.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:02:36 »

I can't see more than 400 making the trip TBH but would love to be wrong and we take a massive following.

I think a lot of fans "mojo" has still not returned yet after the last couple of years of crap that was served up as football...hopefully that will come back soon with some good results.

I will be passing Carlisle at about 11am on the way to Fort William....that was bad planning on my part, I would have liked to have gone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
scillyred

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:04:04 »

457 miles for me + a flight to Penzance - I'm out  Doh
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:05:18 »

I'm going. I don't think it'll be 500+ as we've only been allocated 400 or so tickets according to the club. I'll confirm numbers later.
I think people were adding pay on the day too. The away section holds 2,000 so even if the club only has 400 tickets there'll be room for everyone.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:07:20 »

I can't see more than 400 making the trip TBH but would love to be wrong and we take a massive following.

I think a lot of fans "mojo" has still not returned yet after the last couple of years of crap that was served up as football...hopefully that will come back soon with some good results.

I will be passing Carlisle at about 11am on the way to Fort William....that was bad planning on my part, I would have liked to have gone.

Think you're right about the mojo, but if we do get 500 at Carlisle and get the win I think it'll start to return. At the end of last season I was seriuosly contemplating not bothering at all this year, but steps have been made to turn things around and I'm certainly more upbeat that I was in May.
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:10:10 »

I will be passing Carlisle at about 11am on the way to Fort William....

Fun fact: Duncan Shearer comes from there.

I don't know why I remember that. If only I were have as good as remembering useful stuff as I am at remembering stuff that's useless, I'd have an easier life.
EldeneRed

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:28:23 »

I think this game will be a tough start to the season for us, but high confidence and "winning mentality" will get us a 3-1 win.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:37:58 »

Fun fact: Duncan Shearer comes from there.

I don't know why I remember that. If only I were have as good as remembering useful stuff as I am at remembering stuff that's useless, I'd have an easier life.

My fun fact is that the Roman name for Carlisle was Luguvalium... I've always liked the way it seems to unite the lugu of lugubrious with the chemical cosh of valium. Quite fitting that it should be our first fixture back in Div 4... difficult to get too excitred about it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:39:01 »

I'll be happy with a draw.

Early season is very unpredictable, remember when we opened with a 5-0 loss to Gillingham...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:46:45 »

I'll be happy with a draw.

Early season is very unpredictable, remember when we opened with a 5-0 loss to Gillingham...

The same day ColU won 7-1 at Norwich.  Norwich still won the league.... Gills went down.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:53:18 »

We started off last season with 2 home wins on the spin without conceding a goal!
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:01:30 »

2009/10 we lost 5-0 to Gillingham on the first game and still got to the Playoffs (Millwall) under Danny Wilson......

I won't take much notice of the result tomorrow, after a few more games will give us some form of idea where the team stands..
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:05:06 »

To spoil the mood, I'll go with a 3-1 defeat.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:06:33 »

I will also be passing around the same time on the way to Northumberland, will give you a wave.

I would definitely have gone, although its not bad planning on my part, more the FL not consulting me on holiday plans when deciding upon the fixtures......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: