Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 Predictions 2017/2018  (Read 15602 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:02:35 »

I think we will fall short due to not having enough goals in us, as things stand. Don't really care about the rest.

My thoughts exactly. With the caveat of having not seen us play yet, I am a little worried that a lack of goals will be what costs us. That said, there's another month to go, and a new style of play may mean we create and score chances that simply weren't being created last season.

As things satnd I'd say 6th-8th. With a decent attacking threat hopefully a top 3 finish to avoid the dreaded play-offs.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 08:16:25 »

This is how I see is it panning out, even before most clubs have completed their signings...

1: Luton
2: Coventry
3: Swindon
-------------------
4: Lincoln
5: Mansfield
6: Chesterfield
7: Port Vale
-------------------
8: Carlisle
9: Notts County
10: Grimsby
11: Exeter
12: Colchester
13: Wycombe
14: Accrington
15: Stevenage
16: Cambridge
27: Barnet
18: Crewe
19: Forest Green
20: Cheltenham
21: Morecambe
22: Yeovil
--------------------
23: Crawley
24: Newport

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:04:03 »

I did  my usual trundle through the fixtures and ended up with us getting 61 points, not that it is a great pointer as I had us on 63 for last season! If we were to get that total would put us mid-table based upon last seasons Divvy 2.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:32:22 »

Haven't really kept up to date with the business of what other teams have done.

However I totall trust Flitcroft given his record at level, he knows what he takes to be successful in league 2 so knows the type of players needed and he's brought those types in.

Got high hopes for the Harry Smith kid, he could be our 20 goal striker easily IMO
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:36:49 »

A lot of people tipping Lincoln to do well. Maybe they will, but I wonder if they're being given a bit much credit?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:43:02 »

A lot of people tipping Lincoln to do well. Maybe they will, but I wonder if they're being given a bit much credit?

It's reasonably common for at least one of the Conference promoted sides to carry forward a bit of momentum. Further, their cup exploits last year gave them some media coverage.
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:51:21 »

Very good team last year and just fell short. Have kept nearly all the squad and added a 20 goal a season striker to partner another 20 goal a season striker. I actually fancy them to piss the league
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:55:31 »

Very good team last year and just fell short. Have kept nearly all the squad and added a 20 goal a season striker to partner another 20 goal a season striker. I actually fancy them to piss the league

Just fell short?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 09:58:03 »

Just fell short?
Some reason i thought you said luton
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:02:11 »

Based on seeing the team play in just one preseason game, away at Salisbury I think that we will,
a) be much more competitive this season compared to last. I am still haunted by the second half capitulation at Bramall Lane and the final seventy minutes at Spotland. I think Flitcroft won't stand for that.
b) Harry Smith to be a serious threat in the air and either score a few or make chances for others. If we do sign someone who'll get goals or Mullins steps up, then it could be a good season.
c) Brophy and Tom Smith to come good this season. If Brophy's crossing and final pass has improved he could be a key factor especially if he's introduced second half against a tired defender. He played well at Northampton away last year. I love Tom Smith's aggression in midfield and he can also use the ball well once he's won it so hoping that they both make significant contributions this season.
d) We are fortunate in having two very competent goalkeepers so that department shouldn't be a problem, injuries not withstanding.
e) Creativity in midfield might be an issue although Linganzi seemed more than just a ballwinner when I saw him play. Could Iandolo feature more prominently this term and will Goddard be more assured in his second season?
Beyond that, no real idea how we'll do. More signings by ourselves and others before the transfer window closure could change the prospects significantly but as ever the eternal optimist.
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:07:08 »

Forgot to mention McDermott! Like his in yer face attitude and in that regard reminds me of McCormack. I think he's a winner and he could make the difference in getting a point or losing in crucial games this season.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:31:53 »

Some reason i thought you said luton

Hylton and Collins seems tasty, but can they play together  Hmmm
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #42 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 10:47:52 »

Hylton and Collins seems tasty, but can they play together  Hmmm
I seen a bit of Hylton last year and he is actually a play off the target man type player. Hope i am wrong Reg but think it looks a decent pairing
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, August 3, 2017, 11:20:39 »

Most bookmakers have us as 5th favourites, odds about 12/1

https://m.oddschecker.com/t/football/english/league-2/winner
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 4, 2017, 15:41:49 »

Yay!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10973999/sky-sports-league-two-predictor-swindon-town-tipped-to-finish-top
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: