Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 2 Predictions 2017/2018  (Read 15603 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 13:27:01 »

I understand the signings bit, but as we have no clue what our own budget is how does any fan know what other teams budgets are?

It's just a bit of fun. New season about to start, if you can't get a bit of a buzz about it, probably time to do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

My buzz is only just about registering on the Richter Scale. Mainly, as I take your point about having no clue about any of our players, and next to none about the opposition. Finding out is where the fun lies.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 13:40:30 »

Have no idea where we will end up in the league.

Would expect the team to be competitive in every game (physically and also technically & tactically, albeit based on seeing one performance so far) and also strong at home, maybe after a shaky start to begin with.
Then see where that takes us. If there is also defensive solidity and we become "difficult to beat" then it could turn out to be decent season.

Looking forward to it anyway.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 13:44:40 »

My buzz has been diminished substantially by the two games I can actually get to comparatively easily (Morecambe and Carlisle) both being scheduled whilst I am on holiday!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 16:32:10 »

1-8 somebody
9. Swindon
10 - whatever is left : somebody

I think we will fall short due to not having enough goals in us, as things stand. Don't really care about the rest.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 18:07:21 »

Was going to go into a long rant about how I haven't a clue about anyone else and hope we just do well. Wobbly bob summed it up perfectly

Would expect to us to be around 6-10th

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 15:16:23 »

Not sure if this has been linked before but here it is again if it has.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/sport/15447374.LEAGUE_TWO__Adver_Sport_s_guide_to_Colchester_through_to_Forest_Green/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 15:32:12 »

I've not got my buzz on yet, maybe it will come on Saturday or maybe it will need to wait until our first home game and seeing how our new team lines up and plays to get a feel for the new players
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 15:32:42 »

One comment from Crawley did make me smile, how about lofty expectations after a few pre season wins vs lower league opposition.

FANS’ EXPECTATIONS: Optimistic following appointment in May of former Liverpool and Leeds star Harry Kewell as head coach. Lively showing in pre-season with wins against East Grinstead, Oakwood, Dulwich Hamlet and Bognor Regis Town plus an encouraging draw with strong Chelsea U23s team. Only defeats came against Premier League new boys Brighton plus Portsmouth after having led in the first half.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
EldeneRed

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 18:24:43 »

FourFourTwo's season preview prediction for league 2:

1: Mansfield
2: Luton
3: Wycombe
4: Accrington
5: Stevenage
6: Carlisle
7: Exeter
8: Coventry
9: Colchester
10: Notts County
11: Lincoln
12: Cambridge
13: Swindon
14: Port Vale
15: Crewe
16: Chesterfield
17: Newport
18: Forest Green
19: Grimsby
20: Morecambe
21: Crawley
22: Barnet
23: Cheltenham
24: Yeovil
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 18:26:16 »

Bleak.

But at least it's not 23rd or 24th.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 18:58:12 »

Bleak.

But at least it's not 23rd or 24th.
We have just endured what is regarded by many as our worst ever season....Flitcroft has assembled a bunch of journeymen who certainly give us a fighting chance of retaining our FL status, something which has been at huge risk for a couple of seasons now. Myself, I'd be happy with an upturn in home form and perhaps (living dangerously I know) even a couple of draws on the road....it is going to take some turnaround to see anything other than a fight to stay up  Sad.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:01:59 »

If Chang, Reg and FourFourTwo think we're not going to be challenging I'm more confident than ever.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:04:42 »

Haha I was channelling my inner Reg (god he has spouted some shite this summer).

I'm expecting play offs minimum, and I am pleased to note Flitcroft has made it completely clear that promotion is the aim.

He still expects to add some quality, so our business is far from over, and we are not shaping up too badly considering the state we were in at the start of the summer.

I'm looking forward to it all starting again  COYR
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 19:36:22 »

Haha I was channelling my inner Reg (god he has spouted some shite this summer).

I'm expecting play offs minimum, and I am pleased to note Flitcroft has made it completely clear that promotion is the aim.

He still expects to add some quality, so our business is far from over, and we are not shaping up too badly considering the state we were in at the start of the summer.

I'm looking forward to it all starting again  COYR
Out of interest, did you go to public school?
Panda Paws

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 20:07:03 »

FourFourTwo's season preview prediction for league 2:

1: Mansfield
2: Luton
3: Wycombe
4: Accrington
5: Stevenage
6: Carlisle
7: Exeter
8: Coventry
9: Colchester
10: Notts County
11: Lincoln
12: Cambridge
13: Swindon
14: Port Vale
15: Crewe
16: Chesterfield
17: Newport
18: Forest Green
19: Grimsby
20: Morecambe
21: Crawley
22: Barnet
23: Cheltenham
24: Yeovil

Bollocks.

If we finish below Accrington, Stevenage, Wycombe and Carlisle (next to no business this summer, shite the back end of last year) then a) we've failed spectacularly and b) I'll eat my hat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: