Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 14:19:04 »

Thank you all, and good write up Legend, you're a er Legend  Smiley

Artist one tries. Thank you.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 14:34:07 »

Legends, I want to paint my shed so it looks pretty. What kind of paint would you recommend? Should I be coating it first?

Good tip about the guttering, I will do that.

If you would like a contemporary wood type shade the I'd stick with the Ronseal 5 Year Wood Stain. If you are looking for modern vibrant colours then you would need Ronseal Garden Paint or Cuprinol Shades. These are both water based acrylics but with difering compositions. E.G. Ronseal will cover sawn & smooth timber, along with stone, brick, metal (with a suitable primer) and terracotta pots. Shades is designed for timber. The structural composition gives you about three years before recoating. You will also need more coats on the lighter colours so be prepared to do four coats to get the desired finish. Worth asking the paint company to put it in the paint shaker first. Always read the instructions first please.

Just a cautionary note to everyone. If the timber is sawn then the coverage of coating is going to be considerably lower per SQm on the first coat than it would be on planed timber. Roughly 8-10 SQm v 10-12 subsequent Coats more so.

Adendum. However many coats you need to apply of whatever you choose the mantra is three thin coats are better than two thick ones etc.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 21:21:45 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 15:15:34 »

I'm loving this  Smiley

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-Shed-Slight-Attention-Needed-/142453521397?hash=item212ae43bf5:g:CNYAAOSwqeZZc0jP
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, 20:00:08 »

If you would like a contemporary wood type shade the I'd stick with the Ronseal 5 Year Wood Stain. If you are looking for modern vibrant colours then you would need Ronseal Garden Paint or Cuprinol Shades. These are both water based acrylics but with difering compositions. E.G. Ronseal will cover sawn & smooth timber, along with stone, brick, metal (with a suitable primer) and terracotta pots. Shades is designed for timber. The structural composition gives you about three years before recoating. You will also need more coats on the lighter colours so be prepared to do four coats to get the desired finish. Worth asking the paint company to put it in the paint shaker first. Always read the instructions first please.

Just a cautionary nite to everyone. If the timber is sawn then the coverage of coating s going to be considerably lower per SQm on the first coat than it would be on planed timber. Roughly 8-10 SQm v 10-12 subsequent Coats more so.

Thank you
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: