Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Loft conversion  (Read 1390 times)
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« on: Sunday, July 23, 2017, 10:04:21 »

I’m provisionally looking at a loft conversion. The project will include addition of a staircase to the loft, moving a boiler and replumbing it, installation of electrics, fitting out a new master bedroom with en suite. I’d also be looking at skylights for ventilation and light.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Ballpark figures for cost (I know this subject to level of detail etc); and recommendations for builders in or around swindon who have speciality in this or someone you know or might have used.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 23, 2017, 10:10:30 »

I know woolster had his done a few years back, drop him a pm if he doesn't reply in here
kaufman

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 23, 2017, 10:13:00 »

I looked into this earlier in the year.
I decided against it after finding out we had these kind of beams in the middle so it's far more expensive to do.
All I would suggest is phone up local builders alongside the loft conversion companies and see what the quote differences are.
I've seen a simple one done for just over £5k to one's that cost 30k
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-TEQksuy417A/UEc_5n5_3bI/AAAAAAAAAHs/Utd0m9ZJIrE/s720/roof%2520wall1.JPG
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 24, 2017, 11:55:33 »

Cheers. Some useful info, I've scoured the web for recommendations of local builders, so have a few lined up potentially.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: