Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: melksham town  (Read 5411 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+49/-151

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 00:11:04 »

Hi everyone....popped along to Melksham last night
Credit to Melksham...fantastic little set up
Went to just 2 lge matches last season...just lost all interest sadly..
For what it is worth i think Linganzi looked real decent...and the youngsters looked hungry....Brophy could be very decent at lge 2 level
Anyway....hope all you people are keeping well.....look after yourselfs.

I'm good, thanks for asking.  Seen any good history from the lorry lately?
Peter Venkman

+34/-106

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 09:14:05 »

and the youngsters looked hungry...
Thats Scott Twine, very thin and slight build could do with a good meal Wink

The morning cocks are crowing, an evil wind is blowing, you feel your juices flowing and wonder where you're going.

You hear about a shooting, and plan a different route in, and you end up hiding even though you're law abiding.

What & How & If & When & Why.
leefer

+6/-0

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 09:44:07 »

I'm good, thanks for asking.  Seen any good history from the lorry lately?

Nice to see you still on here Reg...see plenty of stuff...very lucky
Gloucester Cathedral a particular fave as plenty of parking for lorries outside!
Penzance today....👍🏻
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+49/-151

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10:06:36 »

Gloucester Cathedral a particular fave as plenty of parking for lorries outside!
Penzance today....👍🏻

Bit of a haul to Penzance, specially the Cornish miles at the end.

I keep meaning to pay Gloucester Cathedral another visit, one of those places that's reasonably easy to get to, and been many times, but looking back the last time was a good few years ago, and you can always see something new.
chalkies_shorts

+27/-42

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10:23:48 »

Good to have you back leefer. Used to enjoy your trucking stories. Gloucester Cathedral is a great place. They have concerts there sometimes and I saw Oysterband and June Tabor there a couple of years back. Interesting acoustics.
Penzance was interesting. It seemed to me that every inhabitant was drunk and with a dog. A bit like Swindon Town Centre really.

"This song put me in the middle of the road. Travelling there soon became a bore so I headed for the ditch. A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+49/-151

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 10:28:46 »

Good to have you back leefer. Used to enjoy your trucking stories. Gloucester Cathedral is a great place. They have concerts there sometimes and I saw Oysterband and June Tabor there a couple of years back. Interesting acoustics.
Penzance was interesting. It seemed to me that every inhabitant was drunk and with a dog. A bit like Swindon Town Centre really.

A mate has just bought a place there... part of the attraction, the drunks like to have a chat with you, whereas in Swindon they want to rob you.
Private Fraser

+5/-7

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, July 13, 2017, 11:00:59 »

Penzance today....👍🏻

Gloucester Cathedral is one of my favourite places, too.  Used to live not far away so was lucky to be able to get there quite often.  On a pleasant day, you can spend a peaceful half hour or so sitting in The Garth just thinking about the history of the place.  A couple of years ago, they started getting a bit heavy handed about 'donations' as you went in, though. Probably driven by the major stonemasonry work then being undertaken.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: