Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: melksham town  (Read 16081 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 19:49:23 »

Hes just missed a penalty so hes shit then.

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 19:51:26 »

Not sure if serious.
Well yes of course I am. Winning 7-1 doesn't suggest an obvious lack of creativity does it? I'm not saying more attacking players are not needed or won't be welcome. I'm just wondering what you are basing your statement on given the evidence of the pre season games so far.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 20:19:39 »

FT 5-0 .  Thomas (2), Twine and Mullin with the second half goals.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 20:27:56 by Private Fraser » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 21:14:47 »

Nice facilities for a small club, sat under cover so happy with that.

My twopenneth, left as the 5th went in:

1st Half Goddard and an overlapping Hussey were our main attacking threat.
Slew was less effective than he was against Supermarine (missed a sitter too) and we struggled a bit to create chances in general.
But as per Marine, we were in total control. In the midfield our number 8 (not sure who is who, but it wasn't Starkey!) put in some good challenges and some slightly late challenges. Get the impression ball or man he'll get one or t'other.
Vigs and the back 4 didn't have a lot to do.
Norris was Norris, really want to find a way to get him going, but he looked like he did last season - and hopefully he improves as he gets fitter.

Second half was pretty much as you were. Brophy out wide left and Smith as left back I'm not convinced by - like Smith just not sure he's a left back. But as they tired we started to push on a lot, and obviously that's reflected in the goals. I'd say Mullin was pick of the forwards today, looks bright enough.

The sum total of all this means naff all of course, because its a friendly.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 21:17:25 »

Depends what you are trying to achieve.  The Wise/Sturrock period was built off of a firm defensive approach (although slightly different to each other).  We never looked like battering anyone, but equally didn't look fragile.

Absolutely, its putting the ball in the net when the opportunity comes that worries me. And yes thsat does sound ridiculous given we've scored 12 in 2, and no he hasn't finished recruiting, we are all aware this isn't the final squad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 21:20:44 »

Well yes of course I am. Winning 7-1 doesn't suggest an obvious lack of creativity does it? I'm not saying more attacking players are not needed or won't be welcome. I'm just wondering what you are basing your statement on given the evidence of the pre season games so far.

Personally its that we only have two or three players that provided that creativity, that the striker options look like missing more than they score (Mullin aside) and that the quality and fitness of the opposition needs to be taken into account
--------------------------------------------------

Having said that, we've dominated both games totally. We've scored 12, we've got a lot of time to work on the players we have in terms of fitness and sharpness, and to get more in. What more could we do.

The glass is definitely over half full.

Add a goalscorer and another winger and its looking good.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 21:35:53 »

My point was more potency is needed i.e. more players which can create/score which you've just mentioned yourself.
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 22:03:24 »

Tonight's game was typical pre season stuff . Mullins was sharp and Brophy fast and direct.Having watched melksham for 12 months instead of swindon (due to our mill wall supporting chairman who is not looking for any other investors and is in it for the money.)
I realise 3 things--
1 The standard of football at both levels has dropped massively
2 The passion and commitment from flitcroft may well inject some energy into the team maybe like Di Canio
3 The bar at melksham serves 10 times quicker than the county ground hotel
That is all
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 22:20:46 »

Tonight's game was typical pre season stuff . Mullins was sharp and Brophy fast and direct.Having watched melksham for 12 months instead of swindon (due to our mill wall supporting chairman who is not looking for any other investors and is in it for the money.)
I realise 3 things--
2 The passion and commitment from flitcroft may well inject some energy into the team maybe like Di Canio
That is all

Eh? You stopped watching Swindon because power isn't looking for investors? And that from watching a pre-season game with half a team the standard has dropped massively? I'm lost
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 22:30:30 »

Anyone that went, did Hines play tonight? Can't see him on the team sheet unless still under trialist
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 22:36:56 »

What about the bar service Huh? Pint🍺🍻🍾🍷🍸⚽️
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 22:43:48 »

What about the bar service Huh? Pint🍺🍻🍾🍷🍸⚽️

Ok il let you off your strange views and blame the drink!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 05:14:16 »

My point was more potency is needed i.e. more players which can create/score which you've just mentioned yourself.
Indeed I did. I agreed with your overall point but not the way you made it. You could say I was being a pedantic old git, I wouid say it's one of my few pleasures left to me in life Cool
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 06:46:11 »

I realise 3 things--
That is all

Are you Reg's son?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 12, 2017, 08:21:35 »

Nice facilities for a small club, sat under cover so happy with that.

My twopenneth, left as the 5th went in:

1st Half Goddard and an overlapping Hussey were our main attacking threat.
Slew was less effective than he was against Supermarine (missed a sitter too) and we struggled a bit to create chances in general.
But as per Marine, we were in total control. In the midfield our number 8 (not sure who is who, but it wasn't Starkey!) put in some good challenges and some slightly late challenges. Get the impression ball or man he'll get one or t'other.
Vigs and the back 4 didn't have a lot to do.
Norris was Norris, really want to find a way to get him going, but he looked like he did last season - and hopefully he improves as he gets fitter.

Second half was pretty much as you were. Brophy out wide left and Smith as left back I'm not convinced by - like Smith just not sure he's a left back. But as they tired we started to push on a lot, and obviously that's reflected in the goals. I'd say Mullin was pick of the forwards today, looks bright enough.

The sum total of all this means naff all of course, because its a friendly.

Can only imagine number 8 is Jack Dunne.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: