Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flitcroft.  (Read 26678 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 07:31:23 »

Good article here, he's right in what he is saying. This sort of thing is why i dont think he will be here come January, think he will get fed up and walk if other stuff like this occurs.

What does Seamus Brady actually do?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15401703.Town___s_infrastructure_is_not_fit_for_purpose/
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 07:38:20 »

I don't understand his comments about the equipment though. Isn't the county ground lifestyle centre an actual gym?

Think I read before that players also use David Lloyd for weights sessions?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 07:59:23 »

Isn't that his point though, that he was surprised we don't have the equipment in house so players have to go to an external gym to use weights?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:09:24 »

Bit of a nothing story again, the cynic could suspect that the Adver are looking for opportunities to stir things up...

We have no recruitment team - hardly surprising as Power did all the recruitment...
We have no scouting - that is shit and possibly explains why we often didn't seem to set up to counter other teams in the last few seasons...
We have no strength equipment etc... - erm that's probably why we are building a new training centre?

Flitcroft would have known all this before he took the job, and this does read a little as him blowing smoke up his own arse as he is sorting this out and by the way I have loads of important friends you know...

As for him not being here come January we will see, I fear these sort of interviews where he majors on how shit things were before he arrived to sort it out are hardly going to develop a good working relationship with Power etc?
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:17:29 »

Bit of a nothing story again, the cynic could suspect that the Adver are looking for opportunities to stir things up...

Quite. Sounds to me like a new manager wanting things done his way, hardly something to be concerned about. Provided he's getting what he wants, of course, and I'm confident he will be.

The headline is misleading. Again. It makes it sound as though he's complaining. Standard from the adver really.  
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:30:32 »

They don't really help their cause, do they?! Are they looking to be banned again?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:32:37 »

I wouldn't be upset if they were. In the meantime, there'll be plenty going by the headline alone and acting as though he's had enough already.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:47:36 »

The facilities we have were inadequate 15 years ago, not really surprising this is still the case.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:47:50 »

I'm usually a negative nelly (nooo) but I thought that piece was fairly positive in that its identified things that need to change in the mid-longer term to make us better .
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:48:17 »

As I've said Flitcroft has come into a broken club that needs a rebuild in all areas.  So a Herculean job... seems he now gets it.

Prior to his arrival, it was a distinct possibility that carrying on in this way and we'd lose our FL status. Power by appointing Flitcroft seemed to accept this.

We can but hope, that the scale of the rebuild is not far greater than he anticipated, meaning the pressure on the Power purse, will cause a breakdown.

I'm impressed with the fella thus far.. let's hope he gets the backing he needs, although frankly I'm not expecting it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:49:55 »

Why would he not get the backing? We have obviously signed players of Flitcrofts ilk. We all know Power likes the youngsters, and we are yet to sign any.

Why so negative all the time?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:56:38 »

Why would he not get the backing? We have obviously signed players of Flitcrofts ilk. We all know Power likes the youngsters, and we are yet to sign any.

Why so negative all the time?

Well simply, it will cost a lot of money. When at Bury, it seemed as if their Board allowed Flitcroft to shake the magic money tree... two things about Power we know, he is parsimonious, and he funds another football club.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 08:58:20 »

When Sippo tells you to cheer up you know you have problems.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 09:01:14 »

Well simply, it will cost a lot of money. When at Bury, it seemed as if their Board allowed Flitcroft to shake the magic money tree... two things about Power we know, he is parsimonious, and he funds another football club.

And how does that mean he doesn't receive the backing from Power?! How do you know the manager has no money to spend. Come on Reginald. You need to stop being so gloom and doom.

Flashheart

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 11, 2017, 09:04:40 »

Reginald. You need to stop being so gloom and doom.

I think we all know that's not going to happen.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: