Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem Morfuni?  (Read 25109 times)
Jimmy Quinn

Ward

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:04:45 »

Ok so 10k of us have just bought the club. then what? do we just set up a direct debit for each month after? dont think you understand how a business works

Not sure where the 10000 would come from more like 2500-3000 we just don't have a fan base like Pompey
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:07:31 »

Youíre now making comparisons with Bayern Munich! Really?!

I guess it comes down to a level of ambition.... I could make comparisons with Macclesfield, Morecambe or Melksham Town but I think I'd lose interest in what I was saying.

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:08:58 »

Not sure where the 10000 would come from more like 2500-3000 we just don't have a fan base like Pompey

I hear that 100%, all I can say is nobody thought the Bath City community share offer would hit it's £350k target - but it did, and was supported by people all over the world.

I just think we need to aim higher.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:09:36 »

Ambition is great but it should also be grounded in some form of reality.

Recent testimonials include "Congratulations! Youíre the first poster Iíve ever put on ignore - you tedious c***" and "What a sad c*** you must be".
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, June 25, 2020, 23:21:45 »

I guess it comes down to a level of ambition.... I could make comparisons with Macclesfield, Morecambe or Melksham Town but I think I'd lose interest in what I was saying.
Youíve compared us to a club owned by a borderline billionaire who has spent £100m plus on them and then one of the most supported clubs in the world. Neither are remotely relevant to us.
The 2 league comparisons are Exeter who without player sales would be an average league 2 team at best and the other is Wimbledon but they arenít exactly a success story either and have done some dodgy things to rebuild most notably to Kingstonian. I see no evidence that our fanbase would be capable of raising the £7m/£8m to get ownership of the club even with possible loans and as for ongoing finance weíd be in much the same position as Exeter.
Also I donít see where your mythical £10m turnover figure comes from, thatís double any historical figure weíve achieved in 20+ years, it would mean doubling our turnover. That would require the ground redevelopment and a significant upturn in attendances of which Iíve not seen much evidence of being overly likely.
bamboonoshop

Fufflin' Reathers

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 01:53:32 »

Wimbledon but they arenít exactly a success story either and have done some dodgy things to rebuild most notably to Kingstonian.

Ackshurlyy, that was pretty much Chelsea's doing if you read all the detail. But I agree with the rest of your paragraphs. Was nearly as concise as me  Wink
bamboonoshop

Fufflin' Reathers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 03:11:30 »

Is this "Nestor Heade" dude the same guy that I called JayBox and kept on about how he met Clem in London (?) at Cafe Nero and discussed Bath City? Because the writing style seems quite similar. In the sense he keeps having sly or even bracketed digs at Power every now and again, keeps bringing up Bath City and seems pro Clem with a part fan ownership styley.

So Nestor Heade, is this the kind of "plan" or "framework" you have heard/discussed with Monsieur Morfuni that he thinks would be a way of taking over STFC? An expectation that the fans run it for him, with him potentially just topping us up now and again (or maybe asking Landing (yes I do mean Standing) to keep his end up as well). Then he can (when it possibly all fails) turn around and say that the fans weren't ambitious enough?

Because that's how your tone reads to me and it is very much in the "Clem humping" JayBox/Bath bloke mold.

I'm neither pro Clem or Power but your erection over Clem is somewhat tedious and appears to be designed/written in a way to turn heads and get more fans on side. For me it's just fucking annoying and trust me, I'm one of the most annoying cunts around. You can't fool me in that respect fella. Number - called.

Edit: It appears that your handle has been altered (I think) from the one you were using, when you posted in the Court Case thread, earlier this month. So essentially, same poster: same dog n towel shite.
« Last Edit: Friday, June 26, 2020, 03:15:56 by bamboonoshop » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 07:48:33 »

Is this "Nestor Heade" dude the same guy that I called JayBox and kept on about how he met Clem in London (?) at Cafe Nero and discussed Bath City? Because the writing style seems quite similar. In the sense he keeps having sly or even bracketed digs at Power every now and again, keeps bringing up Bath City and seems pro Clem with a part fan ownership styley.

So Nestor Heade, is this the kind of "plan" or "framework" you have heard/discussed with Monsieur Morfuni that he thinks would be a way of taking over STFC? An expectation that the fans run it for him, with him potentially just topping us up now and again (or maybe asking Landing (yes I do mean Standing) to keep his end up as well). Then he can (when it possibly all fails) turn around and say that the fans weren't ambitious enough?

Because that's how your tone reads to me and it is very much in the "Clem humping" JayBox/Bath bloke mold.

I'm neither pro Clem or Power but your erection over Clem is somewhat tedious and appears to be designed/written in a way to turn heads and get more fans on side. For me it's just fucking annoying and trust me, I'm one of the most annoying cunts around. You can't fool me in that respect fella. Number - called.

Edit: It appears that your handle has been altered (I think) from the one you were using, when you posted in the Court Case thread, earlier this month. So essentially, same poster: same dog n towel shite.

Yes, in a word.  Handle was meant to be 'that Nestor Lorenzo header' (the one against Portsmouth into the town end goal in 1990, did you see it?) but I ran out of characters so the final 'r' got left off.

I'm a Swindon fan living in Bath, and yes am pro-community ownership having had some involvement with this with Bath City.  But no this is not a plan I have discussed with Clem other than an introduction with Supporters Direct when it was all kicking off between the Trust and LP with regards separate bids to the council to buy the ground.  I have no idea what Clem is planning to do, but yes I am "pro Clem" having met him several times and buy into what he says about the potential to build Swindon to become a championship club.  I don't really understand why people are suspicious about him, but that's their business I guess - I just offer my own views based on having met and spoken to Clem and years of frustration watching Swindon decline into mediocrity.

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE a new owner to come in and buy the club, clear the debts, engage with fans properly and take us up the leagues.  I even think this could happen with Clem either as majority or minority shareholder.  But in the absence of this I merely suggest the community ownership thing as an idea worthy of consideration.
Jimmy Quinn

Ward

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:18:56 »

I hear that 100%, all I can say is nobody thought the Bath City community share offer would hit it's £350k target - but it did, and was supported by people all over the world.

I just think we need to aim higher.

The problem is if the extra investment dosen't come in we would eventually be in financial trouble

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 08:36:53 »

The problem is if the extra investment dosen't come in we would eventually be in financial trouble

Agreed, community ownership is not a silver bullet.  Far from it!  But it would enable proper governance and remove the risk of pernicious sugar daddy 'investors' from asset stripping and/or building up debts, which I contend has been the major stumbling block to progress with STFC in the last 20-30 years (in fact my whole lifetime).

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 09:52:26 »

A football club is a business and should be run as one, whether community owned or not.

So this would require careful forecasting and possibly some cashflow in the short-term to keep it afloat, and this could be factored into the share offer.

STFC is around £4.5m turnover but could realistically become £10m within 3-5 years.  Just look down the M4 at what Bristol City has done.

My view is that an incoming board should consult with fans, local business, council and other community groups to create and publish a 3-5 year plan that would aim to get the club established in the Championship.  Priorities within this should be engaging with the 2k fans that have been staying away from games for the last few years, building a proper matchday experience which encourages fans to spend more time and money at games, investment in Ben Chorley's scouting network, and setting a realistic playing budget.

I'm not saying it's an easy task, far from it, but imagine what could be achieved if everyone pulled together and was equally invested in the future of the club.  A plan to establish STFC as a Championship club, with regular 15k attendances, better stadium, better matchday experience leading to more income and greater commercial opportunities.  

Isn't that what other, more successful clubs do?  Then why shouldn't Swindon?

Although nothing wrong with running a club on business principles, an FC isn't just like a normal business.  It would have been closed many times down the years.

As things stand our ambition should be to have something resembling our traditional Div 3 club that plays mostly on a Saturday afternoon.  We've found it quite difficult this millenium to stay in Div 3, having had 3 relegations in 11 years.... prior to that we had 1 relegation to Div 4 in the approx 50 years it was an option.

Achieving that traditional status atm is largely out of our hands as we'll need to see how footbal will shape up over the coming months... hopefully we'll see something recognisably Div 3, and then worry about staying in it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:08:50 »

Yes, in a word.  Handle was meant to be 'that Nestor Lorenzo header' (the one against Portsmouth into the town end goal in 1990, did you see it?) but I ran out of characters so the final 'r' got left off.

Yes, yes I did

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:12:35 »

Achieving that traditional status atm is largely out of our hands as we'll need to see how footbal will shape up over the coming months... hopefully we'll see something recognisably Div 3, and then worry about staying in it.
As I have said before, we do not have to "worry" about staying in Div 3 because if or when we do get relegated from it, we will then (and only then) have a chance to draw level with Chesterfield in winning four Div 4 league titles.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:22:55 »

As I have said before, we do not have to "worry" about staying in Div 3 because if or when we do get relegated from it, we will then (and only then) have a chance to draw level with Chesterfield in winning four Div 4 league titles.

Although an achievement, I'd prefer not to be in Div 4 again, as Chesterfield have shown the pitfalls of Div 3/4 yo-yoing.

Think they have managed to avoid Conference North, but only just
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, June 26, 2020, 10:47:22 »

I am fairly confident that we will never end up in Conference North
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: