Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clem Morfuni?  (Read 3775 times)
Flashheart

+25/-10051

FUCK YEAH! ©™

« on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:07:59 »

Adver Sports Desk‏ @AdverSport  3m3 minutes ago
More
Adver Sports Desk Retweeted Swindon Town FC
Swindon Town announce that club director Sangita Shah has left the club, with Clem Morfuni coming in as non-executive vice-chairman #stfc

Wonder if this is anything to do with this investment rumours that were doing the rounds recently.

I like it firm and fruity.
Flashheart

+25/-10051

FUCK YEAH! ©™

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:09:03 »

Seems he's from that Aussie company that has been investing with us.

CLEM MORFUNI
Clem founded the Axis Group in 1994 in Sydney NSW, Australia.
Clem started his career in the construction industry as an apprentice plumber in 1986. During his career he has been involved in all aspects of the plumbing & construction industry, he has held positions from Plumber to Project Manager to General Manager was able to utilise all of this experience to start and continue to grow the business.
His dedication, drive and motivation has seen the business expand and grow throughout Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, London – UK and New York City – USA.

He founded it. I bet he's minted.

horlock07

+31264/-27170

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:10:52 »

Possibly Clemente Morfuni who seems to have interests in Axis plumbing and Axis Sports Investments - according to Companies House he is an Aussie guy?
RobertT

+31/-10

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:13:08 »

That's the Group name floated a while back as being interested in investment.
horlock07

+31264/-27170

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:17:05 »

Oh well hopefully the toilets will work OK from now on?

Edit I thought it rang a bell, hasn't their logo been on the back of the shirts for a while?

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2015/april/new-sponsorship-secured/
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:20:31 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

+25/-10051

FUCK YEAH! ©™

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:17:33 »

Oooh.

Stadium development. https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/town-appoint-new-non-executive-vice-chairman/#.WV0QV3vW3cY.twitter

Swindon Town are delighted to announce the appointment of Clem Morfuni as the club’s Non-Executive Vice Chairman.

Clem is the Founder of Axis Group, who have recently renewed their shirt sponsorship deal with the Reds.

With a background in construction, Clem will bring a wealth of experience to the Town Boardroom and he’s hoping to put that to good use in his new role with the club.

“It will be great for both parties and being in the building services industry around the world, because we’ve got offices in London, New York, New Zealand, Australia and Thailand, we saw that there is a lot of potential here with the development of the stadium,” he told swindontownfc.co.uk exclusively.

“I spoke to Lee Power and I said that we can help the club and we can go through the processes and management of building a world class facility for the fans and the community of Swindon.

“We want to build this club back to where it should be.

“There’s a few ideas that I’ve got so I’ll sit down with Lee, discuss what he wants to do and then follow the process and start getting the ball rolling.

“The main focus for me is to look at the development and we’ve got over 700 employees worldwide, so I’ve got a whole infrastructure that can help us.

“It is all about infrastructure and you’ve got to have the right people and the right support for everyone for us to be where we want to be.

“I believe that we should be way above where we are but things happen and it is now all about rebuilding, refocusing and taking small steps in the right direction.”

Axis have an impressive portfolio having worked on Wembley Stadium, while they are currently involved in the construction of Tottenham Hotspur’s new state-of-the-art home, in addition to a vast array of other projects around the world.

“We’ve worked at Wembley and we are also doing Perth Stadium in Australia,” he added.

“We’ve built stadiums in Sydney, we build hotels, office blocks, hospitals, we’re doing stuff in New York so we are in a lot of places.

“I love football, I love construction and I think it is a good match for Lee and I, and hopefully we can build a world class facility here for the community and for the Swindon fans.

“We want to be here for another 100 odd years and that’s what we’re trying to do.

“There is so much potential here at Swindon.”

Speaking about the appointment, Swindon Town Chairman Lee Power added: “We are delighted to welcome Clem on board as Non-Executive Vice Chairman.

“During my time at the club we haven’t had chance to have a detailed look at developing The County Ground, but Clem’s arrival will help with that and we are thrilled to have someone with his experience and knowledge join us.

“Clem will move discussions forward with the council and other parties and he will also be looking to explore every option when it comes to redeveloping The County Ground.”

Super Hans

+8/-8

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:25:00 »

Hopefully a significant appointment by the club. Surely can only benefit having someone on board who knows what he's doing. Feel like if this guy won't be able to sort out a redevelopment project then nobody will.
Batch
Thingie

+62/-28

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:27:20 »

interesting!
Wobbly Bob

+22/-13

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:29:43 »

Hope that "other parties" is referring to The Trust.

Now you give me everything.
horlock07

+31264/-27170

Lives up north

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:30:09 »

Poor old Sangita, cast aside when a better offer came in!
RobertT

+31/-10

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:35:07 »

Seems they are usually the contractors who put all the electrical or plumbing/air con into buildings, so maybe this is a small project to try and get a foothold into the bigger world of actually being lead developer on bigger projects.
milo t

+0/-0

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:06:28 »

Seems they are usually the contractors who put all the electrical or plumbing/air con into buildings, so maybe this is a small project to try and get a foothold into the bigger world of actually being lead developer on bigger projects.

Sorry no, he's plenty of experience in construction. Particularly in London and in Australia more so. He will bring more business acumen and funding to make the club more efficient going forward and hopefully an aid in getting promotion
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+41/-139

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:10:22 »

Hope that "other parties" is referring to The Trust.

I said a while back that the Trust are caught between a rock and a hard place, trying to deal with SBC and Power. It was also obvious that if the Trust fail in their bid to buy the CG, then the piranhas would be circling. Looks like Power has suddenly got an interest in the CG having previously said he's none.

Worrying times....
RobertT

+31/-10

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:35:19 »

Sorry no, he's plenty of experience in construction. Particularly in London and in Australia more so. He will bring more business acumen and funding to make the club more efficient going forward and hopefully an aid in getting promotion

Said as if you know them?  They certainly appear to be a contractor on all the projects associated with developments such as Wembley, installing facilities rather than being lead developer of the site.  That's not saying they are small fry, just that it appeared on the face of it to be a good way of taking the next step - they are unlikely to get awarded the lead developer role in a 60k stadium without having a background of full project success.
Costanza

+23/-9

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:38:02 »

Until I see redevelopment in process, it's just another one of those stories.

"Rot steht dir sehr viel besser als gelb-blau!"

- Niemals Allein
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: