Poll
Question: Do we want to go with John Goddard again or someone else?  If so do we want to choose somebody now or wait until new signings? (waiting risks losing some that are there now).  (Voting closed: Saturday, July 8, 2017, 14:05:58)
Stick with John Goddard - 16 (30.2%)
Go for someone new but choose now - 8 (15.1%)
Go for someone new but wait for more signings - 11 (20.8%)
Don't care (this selection will go with the majority) - 18 (34%)
Total Voters: 48

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Player Sponsorship 17/18  (Read 81635 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #75 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 14:08:43 »

Hello everyone!

A tenner and warm greetings from the Baltic Sea coast from a new member! Smiley

Hopefully you'll make a better contribution than Ojama
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 14:15:47 »

Hopefully you'll make a better contribution than Ojama

I remember Ojamaa from Legia Warsaw--he never became first team regular, but on a good day looked like a player with some potential. I suppose he was not Legia's calibre; maybe if he had chosen a smaller club in Ekstraklasa he would have had more success. Oh, well...

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 14:43:05 »

I remember Ojamaa from Legia Warsaw--he never became first team regular, but on a good day looked like a player with some potential. I suppose he was not Legia's calibre; maybe if he had chosen a smaller club in Ekstraklasa he would have had more success. Oh, well...

Where in Poland are you from?

Been to Krakow and Gdansk and loved both places (lovely barmaids and cheap beer certainly helped).

One thing I did notice was that some people in Poland put their beer in microwaves, what is that all about?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:14:41 »

Where in Poland are you from?

Gdańsk.

Been to Krakow and Gdansk and loved both places (lovely barmaids and cheap beer certainly helped).

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Did you manage to visit Lechia's stadium? One of the most modern (and most beautiful) grounds in Europe...

One thing I did notice was that some people in Poland put their beer in microwaves, what is that all about?

Seriously? I've lived here all my life and I've never seen anyone do that. Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:24:25 »

Gdańsk.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Did you manage to visit Lechia's stadium? One of the most modern (and most beautiful) grounds in Europe...

Seriously? I've lived here all my life and I've never seen anyone do that. Smiley

I actually went to Gdansk some time ago and pretty sure their new stadium wasn't built at that stage.  We also went outside of football season I think from memory. Cracking ground though.

Who are your rivals out of interest? (assuming Lechia Gdansk are your team)

Maybe it wasn't in Poland that I saw the bear in microwave incident happen, I swear I saw it somewhere, perhaps I dreamed it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:32:39 »

Who are your rivals out of interest? (assuming Lechia Gdansk are your team)

Lechia first, Swindon second.

As you probably know, clubs in Poland have not only rivals (kosy) buta also allies (zgody). These things change sometimes (for example we are no longer allied to Wisła Kraków) but most alliances/rivalries last for decades. So, our allies at the moment are Śląsk Wrocław and Gryf Słupsk, whilst main rivals are Arka Gdynia, Pogoń Szczecin and, perhaps to a lesser extent, Jagiellonia Białystok and Zawisza Bydgoszcz.

However, as I am 38 years old now, father of a family and all that, I'm not that much into hooliganism anymore (but I saw some action in my time). I like to think that I'm older and more sensible now. Smiley
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:52:45 »

Another cunt to join the merry throng!

Thanks for the warm greeting, mate. I've noticed that in Britain/Ireland "cunt" is sometimes used as a term of endearment.

Funny things, foreign languages. Smiley
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 15:57:16 »

Bartek, have you returned?
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 16:01:02 »

Who's Bartek?

I'm off to watch Termalica-Zagłębie. Had a wee bet on the visitors. See ya later, lads.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 16:18:30 »

That's exactly what Bartek would say.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 16:24:49 »

I'll go in for Ł20.

Krakow is lovely, too. The Baltic Coast is supposed to be lovely in the summer, I'll check it out one day.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 16:40:31 »

Maybe it wasn't in Poland that I saw the bear in microwave incident happen, I swear I saw it somewhere, perhaps I dreamed it!

Hang on, a bear in a fucking microwave how big was it?
Baltic Robin

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 16:48:11 »

That's exactly what Bartek would say.

All right, I give up. You blew my cover. Roll Eyes

The Baltic Coast is supposed to be lovely in the summer, I'll check it out one day.

Let me know when you're in the area. We'll have a pint or two, and I'll give you a guided tour of the city. Beers

P.S. Termalica-Zagłębie HT 0-0, I hope Lubin get their finger out and start playing some football in the second half
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 18:12:38 »

Make mine up to 20
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

« Reply #89 on: Friday, July 28, 2017, 18:46:59 »

OK.  All those that have posted today are in.  We are at Ł490, so one more tenners worth left.

Next post pledge will be in, any after that will be on reserve.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: