Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gatwick South Lounges  (Read 2855 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 14:56:37 »

Family of four flying out from Gatwick South Terminal next week, thinking about booking an airport lounge, any experience/recommendations? Reviews online seem a bit meh.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 15:13:54 »

I use them if travelling long haul or sometimes if having a treat. To be honest I only use them for myself or if my partner is joining me as we tend to aim to get our money's worth from the bar!
The good ones include Orlando, Singapore, Manchester 2...one to avoid; Liverpool
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 15:26:00 »

Number One Lounges are pretty good - beer, wine, spirits and usually a basic light bit type meal, plus lots of pastries and snacks.

ServiceAir cheaper, but no food and a bit smaller.

highly recommend a Lounger over staying in the terminal common areas.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 15:28:59 »

We used the No1 Lounge four weeks ago, didn't actually cost us anything as we were flying Premier Club and that is part of the package!  Was ok for us, bacon rolls, tea, coffee and everything we wanted to drink - not sure I would want to pay for it though!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 15:38:17 »

No 1 lounge is one of the ones I looked at and reviews seem very mixed (some like it, some say it was just as packed as normal areas, service poor etc) - given it will cost us best part of 100 quid, would we get that much from it? 25 quid a head is a lot if it's just pastries, snacks and drinks
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 16:28:31 »

Depends how much you drink!  With a healthy fear of flying I more than cover the cost.  It's not a VIP experience but it is certainly not like being in the general terminal lounge at Gatwick.  However, an alternative would be to spend a decent amount of time in a restaurant or something I guess.  It's a balance and what is important to you - I now try and use Lounges on all flights, but with my previous statement on fear reduction and my general distaste for being in the huddled masses it makes sense for me.  Getting yourself into the Virgin Clubhouse, now that's a different story - I'd pay to do that without a flight if I could :-)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 16:31:27 »

Another vote for No 1 Lounges  Grin
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 18:18:28 »

We've booked in to mylounge at Gatwick North. £50 for 2 adults, and 2 kids. Snacks, a choice of hot food (jacket potato or curry) and drink. It was that or a meal in a restaurant. At £5 a pint anyway, we thought it would be worth it.

Time will tell.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: