Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre season 17/18  (Read 50333 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Friday, July 14, 2017, 16:59:14 »

Reading Flitcroft's comments re how he monitors the players, makes me think that under Williams we just turned up and played - or not, as the case may be. Whatever it was, it appears very unprofessional in comparison.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, July 14, 2017, 17:17:38 »

Yeah, the more you hear from Flitcroft, the worse it makes Williams look. I didn't think that was possible.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, July 14, 2017, 17:34:04 »

Obviously too early to get carried away but with Flitcroft you get the impression we'll give ourselves the very best chance we have of winning most weeks. With Williams that never seemed to be the case (Power and his recruitment of feathers dressed in football kits takes a portion of the blame here).

I'm bored of pre season now. Want to see his stamp on a team played out in competitive fixtures. Don't think we'll be bullied out of matches too often which was a big part of our ineptude.

Give me a pacey forward and a bit more flair and I'll be convinced we are looking at a good season despite my opening sentence.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, July 14, 2017, 17:48:11 »

I see someone BTL in the Adver has suggested Vigs turned up late for training 3 times and DF fined the whole squad

Not that I'm suggesting it's true of course, but if such a thing did happen I can see that being the action he'd take.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, July 15, 2017, 07:43:26 »

any idea who scored mate
Sorry had to pop out, and no at the time there was no word on either scorer, obviously turns out it was Iandolo!

Not a bad result TBH 1-1 against a tough side like we will be facing this season in this league, shame about Ajose not coming but I don't think it was ever on the cards despite us being interested.

I think we are still a few players short and another winger and striker now must be a priority along with a few more squad players all over the pitch.

Sounds like Flickers and Futcher will take no slacking from the players which is bloody good after the rabble we had last season.

Onwards and upwards, fingers crossed for a bit more of an effort from the players this year.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, July 15, 2017, 08:29:54 »

I'm beginning to think the recruitment is nearly finished. Those fringe players from last season seem to be integral to Flitcroft - Conor Thomas, Iandolo and even young Twine and Tom Smith look likely to be match day players.

If he can make Conor Thomas into an effective footballer he's a fucking genius. Fittest player at the club, apparently. Maybe he was just another victim of Williams' general shitness
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Saturday, July 15, 2017, 08:35:11 »

Obviously too early to get carried away but with Flitcroft you get the impression we'll give ourselves the very best chance we have of winning most weeks. With Williams that never seemed to be the case (Power and his recruitment of feathers dressed in football kits takes a portion of the blame here).

I'm bored of pre season now. Want to see his stamp on a team played out in competitive fixtures. Don't think we'll be bullied out of matches too often which was a big part of our ineptude.

Give me a pacey forward and a bit more flair and I'll be convinced we are looking at a good season despite my opening sentence.

I get the feeling (rather than I think) that what has started to play out at SN1 does have similarities to when a certain PDC took over. However, in this case it is measured, without the ballyhoo, ego stroking and with a real sense of longevity and sustainability in mind. In this case DF could have reasonably said to power, "You'll not win anything playing a bunch of kids". Hmmmm, where have I heard that before? "Oh and overpaid billy big bollocks loanees".

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, July 15, 2017, 18:27:51 »

Obviously a mainly useless comparison but Newport beat Supermarine 4-3 today
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Sunday, July 16, 2017, 22:09:24 »

Can some one tell me who the bloke in the middle is? He's in loads of the pictures of pre-season - is he one of the trialists or one of the young lads?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Sunday, July 16, 2017, 22:25:07 »

Conroy.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Sunday, July 16, 2017, 22:34:48 »

OK, thanks. I apologize for my ignorance, I've only ever seen him on brief highlight clips as I have yet to view him 'in the flesh' as it were...
« Last Edit: Monday, July 17, 2017, 07:16:33 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #71 on: Monday, July 17, 2017, 09:42:05 »

OK, thanks. I apologize for my ignorance, I've only ever seen him on brief highlight clips as I have yet to view him 'in the flesh' as it were...
I hadn't seen him before either, I thought it was a young Pat Sharp.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 13:04:34 »

We have a friendly against Derby County arranged at St George's Park
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 14:14:59 »

We have a friendly against Derby County arranged at St George's Park
Game with Derby will be at their training ground and will be an additional game against un-named opponents at St George's Park.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 20, 2017, 20:24:17 »

We drew 0-0 with Bristol Rovers this afternoon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: