Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre season 17/18  (Read 50341 times)
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 10:52:04 »

Some good highlights here from the Woking game.  Horrendous miss from Bobson Bawling.  Vigouroux made some excellent saves. Anyone have a view as to what should be the first choice centre back pairing? Bit worried that a Conroy and Lancashire partnership might be weak aerially.

From those highlights I'm a bit worried about Lancashire on the floor too.  Just bought Ifollow and looking forward to Saturday.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 10:53:50 »

Wow that is a shocking miss from their fella!

Norris looked lively in the highlights. Bit slimmer too
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #197 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 10:58:04 »

Wow that is a shocking miss from their fella!

Norris looked lively in the highlights. Bit slimmer too
Yeah that miss with a totally open goal from about 2 yards was terrible!

I see after Norris has a shot from distance early on he mouths "fuck off" at Hussey who obviously wanted the pass. Nice to have a bit of anger and passion.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #198 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 11:27:19 »

I see after Norris has a shot from distance early on he mouths "fuck off" at Hussey who obviously wanted the pass. Nice to have a bit of anger and passion.

He was offside for the miss (if it's the one from the rebound off the post?)

Norris has lost some bulk for sure.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 11:30:41 »

Could have been at himself. Flitcroft said he beats himself up a lot. He looked like he really wanted it though. Of course this is only from the highlights but his attitude certainly impresses. Just hope, for his sake, he can hit the ground running.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #200 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 11:46:27 »

Could have been at himself. Flitcroft said he beats himself up a lot. He looked like he really wanted it though. Of course this is only from the highlights but his attitude certainly impresses. Just hope, for his sake, he can hit the ground running.
From the highlights alone he had a few good chances and does look fitter, he needs a few goals early doors to get some confidence.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:00:52 »

From the highlights alone he had a few good chances and does look fitter, he needs a few goals early doors to get some confidence.

From the highlights he looked like he made a nuisance of himself and that is the kind of forward we need as long as someone alongside his can get the goals....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #202 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:10:52 »

From the highlights he looked like he made a nuisance of himself and that is the kind of forward we need as long as someone alongside his can get the goals....
That may be the way we go this season, 2 strong battering ram strikers in Norris and Smith, that will work if there is support from an attacking midfield behind them, less smash and grab than smash and smash them more style.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:33:38 »

Not bothering with Chippenham tomorrow now, shame really but not altogether unexpectedly is likely to be a young team supplemented by a few stiffs. Not paying £10 for that.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:47:44 »

That may be the way we go this season, 2 strong battering ram strikers in Norris and Smith, that will work if there is support from an attacking midfield behind them, less smash and grab than smash and smash them more style.

That how it started against Woking with McDermott behind them. Honestly we had no creativity at all, it was dependant on the quality of long cross field balls to allow either fullback to do something.

It looked much better second half first when it went to one forward with two wide players (Mullins and McDermott) and then when Thomas was replaced by Goddard and it was almost a 4-2-3-1. Dunne and Linganzi destroying and playing simple. Then 3 of Goddard/Brophy/McDermott/Mullins supporting a lone forward.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 12:50:08 »

Ooh I didn't realise we were playing Chippenham tomorrow. Conveniently I've an appointment there at 6pm, literally just over the road.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 13:01:10 »

Over the road is a wood.  Are you going to hang around in the trees scaring the children?

Never knowingly overstated.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 14:32:47 »

Well, not now you've outed me.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, July 31, 2017, 14:40:20 »

Just hope, for our sake, he can hit the ball in the net ;-)
EldeneRed

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, August 1, 2017, 17:12:34 »

Should get a good idea from the Chippenham line-up about who will be starting on Saturday, as Flitcroft is resting key players.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: