Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mobile broadband  (Read 5893 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:20:35 »

plusnet are a BT company.

guess their support is better than the parent though

BT bought them but didn't change their support which is all based in Sheffield apart from it's not 24/7 now only 7am-10pm

It's BT but cheaper and with limits on your downloads while BT doesn't limit (as far as I remember).
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:31:55 »

I used to be on plusnet. They charged me £50ish to leave. Wasn't in a contract but is part of their T&C's.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 13:46:59 »

to be fair BT support has actually been very good when we have needed them, every year when our line has a brain fart..

it's going again now, think the cabling is degrading one twisted pair at a time.. Sad
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:04:09 »

to be fair BT support has actually been very good when we have needed them, every year when our line has a brain fart..

it's going again now, think the cabling is degrading one twisted pair at a time.. Sad

Ditto, we moved in and our line was poor (<1mb on ADSL), they came out on a Saturday morning (with 48 hours notice) and replaced the copper line and instantly was getting 13mb. Not had any issues since.

Been with BT for the last 15 years or so and very rare to get any issues except getting support to understand sometimes, One thing that works for me is to get put through to the fault line which is in Scotland, they normally are happy to help and marginally better to understand  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 14:31:23 »

Countering that, BT support were dreadful when we had problems with our broadband last summer. Consistently failed to call back when they said they would, lied about what they'd done/said they'd do, failed to book engineers to come out and then lied about that as well, sent engineers out to wrong place, sent engineers out without having ordered the part the engineer needed to do the repair (and lied about that), they were consistently utterly terrible over a period of nearly 2 months. I've never experienced customer service that bad in any sector, really really awful. It was why we left in the end.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 15:18:50 »

That's normal service for BT.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 20, 2017, 16:45:18 »

Yeah, got lucky last two times, doubt I will this time!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: