Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Car Leasing  (Read 7444 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 21:15:28 »

Any recommendations on companies for personal car leasing.

Have a budget of around £230pm. 12k miles per year.

Needs to be big enough for family. A

What's the ford Kuga like?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 05:00:26 »

I've leased through these before: http://www.tilsungroup.com/

My current lease is direct with Kia. They were happy to match the price of online brokers.

A colleague has a Ford Kuga. They're not as big inside as you'd think, it wasn't much bigger than my previous Focus.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 05:03:24 »

I got mine through lingscars.com. If you can see through the branding they have some decent offers and the process was painless

Things get better but they never get good
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 05:32:50 »

I've leased through these before: http://www.tilsungroup.com/

My current lease is direct with Kia. They were happy to match the price of online brokers.

A colleague has a Ford Kuga. They're not as big inside as you'd think, it wasn't much bigger than my previous Focus.

What do you have Sam?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 06:49:24 »

There's a school of thought that this particular industry is driving us towards another 2008 style crash...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/10/car-loans-personal-contract-plans-vehicle-financial-crisis-pcp
china red

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 07:53:25 »

Where did you find a Kuga for that price? I got mine through the employee scheme and it costs more than that, although with no deposit.

Not a bad car, haven't had any problems with it so far drives quite well but I have the 2.0L version
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 08:27:26 »

lingcars has the best and worst website of all time
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:07:06 »

What do you have Sam?

Kia Niro. Roomy like a Sportage but not as tall, plus it's a hybrid so I get to feel like I'm doing my bit for the environment.

There's a school of thought that this particular industry is driving us towards another 2008 style crash...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jun/10/car-loans-personal-contract-plans-vehicle-financial-crisis-pcp

For people who use it to buy (or, more likely, are sold) a brand new car because all they look at is the 'low monthly payments' rather than the total payable, I agree it's a disaster waiting to happen. Eighteen year old kids paying £300+ per month to drive a Vauxhall Corsa.

There are cheaper ways of motoring, but for others who are more savvy and realise it's a cost effective way to drive a brand new car for two/three years for less than the cost of the depreciation from buying new, without the potential hassles of breakdowns and maintenance, it works really well.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:17:46 »

As Samdy says, the Kuga's interior is smaller than you would think.  If boot space is a consideration, the Kuga (406L) does not compare at all well with competitors such as the Honda CRV (589L), Hyundai Tucson (513L) or Kia Sportage (503L).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:19:39 »

I went in to the Ford showroom just for a look around, fancying a Kuga, and asked if I paid cash if there would be a discount. Got laughed at. They all want to hook you on to a credit deal - more commission for them, I reckon.

And there's me still thinking cash is king.

I'm house hunting at the moment as a cash buyer - hope that will help with any offer I may put in.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:20:49 »

As Samdy says, the Kuga's interior is smaller than you would think.  If boot space is a consideration, the Kuga (406L) does not compare at all well with competitors such as the Honda CRV (589L), Hyundai Tucson (513L) or Kia Sportage (503L).

I really like the look of the Sportage. Plus, do KIA still do their 7 year warranty?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:26:50 »

Yes.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:28:07 »

I really like the look of the Sportage. Plus, do KIA still do their 7 year warranty?

Not sure.  I never buy new, so not my area.  But I agree...I do like the shape of the new model.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:34:15 »

I went in to the Ford showroom just for a look around, fancying a Kuga, and asked if I paid cash if there would be a discount. Got laughed at. They all want to hook you on to a credit deal - more commission for them, I reckon.

And there's me still thinking cash is king.

I bought an 18 month old Focus from a dealership 3 yrs ago for cash.  The rep at the dealership - who looked about 19 - spent a couple of futile minutes trying to explain to me that it would be financially advantageous to buy the car using their finance deal anyway.

Won’t bore you with the figures but, suffice to say, it was a complete lie.  In the end, I had to tell him that he was a financial illiterate and needed to go away and do the sums himself before spouting his rubbish.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 09:49:01 »

after I bought my last car they had a special guy who tried to sell me finance and all manor of shit priced  extras , GAP insurance, Scotchgard and some clear coat  paint protecting bollocks.

he basically walked off after a couple of minutes of 'I'm not buying without getting a comparative quote' . what kind of idiot buys this stuff on the day without knowing their sums?!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: