Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Home Brewing  (Read 1370 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 09:06:12 »

Does anyone on here partake in such a pastime...

I have decided I need an additional hobby that doesn't involve hurting myself on a bike and as I did a fair bit of this when I was a student albeit *cough* 20 years ago it seemed a good idea to look into starting it up again.

Probably looking initially to start a few kits off but would like after that experimenting with hops etc, any suggestions for good starter kits, all my gear (fermenter etc) disappeared during a parents house move so really would be starting from the beginning again?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 09:18:26 »

Does anyone on here partake in such a pastime...

I have decided I need an additional hobby that doesn't involve hurting myself on a bike and as I did a fair bit of this when I was a student albeit *cough* 20 years ago it seemed a good idea to look into starting it up again.

Probably looking initially to start a few kits off but would like after that experimenting with hops etc, any suggestions for good starter kits, all my gear (fermenter etc) disappeared during a parents house move so really would be starting from the beginning again?

I used to do it when my kids were first born and tiny... the thinking was, now down to one income, and won't be going out so much.

Boots was my friend, their kits were well spoken of and tbf I produced some very drinkable tackle.  Then 2 things happened, Archers Brewery started up in the Works, and supermarkets started appearing on the edge of town. I could get a big polypin of Archers quite cheaply, and it just fitted snugly on the pram shopping tray. Sainsbury's started doing big bottles of their own ale, brewed by Ruddles for pence.

I've still got all the kit, thinking I'd go back to it one day....so far that hasn't happened.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 11:16:39 »

Please don't tempt me!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:01:57 »

Please don't tempt me!

Ah go on.....
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 14:50:52 »

I've been living in France for the last 19 years and started a few years ago because I missed the taste of real beer. Whenever I go back home I stock up on supplies - there's a great little shop in Highworth where I go to:

http://www.arkwrightshomebrew.com/find_us.php
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 17:57:17 »

Buy a Grainfather and away you go. I've been eyeing one up for months.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: