Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper back at the County Ground next season. .........  (Read 16147 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:13:21 »

They'll struggle with the 55% wage cap too.

They'll find a way around it, just like most other clubs with owners who are blowing large sums
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:16:03 »

they only have room for 1000 or so away fans don't they...

Hmmm wonder how easy it'll be to get into the home end if need be.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:18:27 »

they only have room for 1000 or so away fans don't they...

Hmmm wonder how easy it'll be to get into the home end if need be.

Bristol Rovers had behind the goal and along the side (non stand) when they went to FGR a couple of years ago, only about 3000 that day and most seemed to be Gasheads.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:29:13 »

Good news, as I think we're the only team to have beaten all other 91 in competitive matches. We're number 1!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:54:13 »

Quote from: donkey
Good news, as I think we're the only team to have beaten all other 91 in competitive matches. We're number 1!

yeay, go us
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 20:56:33 »

good news on the ticket front then. I can just about take queuing up for scum tickets, but FGR might be a queue too far
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 21:28:18 »

Nah, he is actually investing in the future of the club with the new stadium which would make them self sustainable and will be on a business park which will house his business along with others. It's costing him a lot of money at the moment due to the poor stadium but the future does look rosey.
You don't half post a lot of opinions disguised as facts. Would you like to put some money on the long term prosperity of FGR? Once he does or doesn't get his business park you watch what happens to the club, it's all about using the 'community sports hub' argument to sweeten the planning department, I attended one of the walk in sessions as it will impact me and their new ground would be made of wood if it gets the go ahead. You really need to question the motives of anyone looking to move a club more than 10 miles away from their 'home'. Eastington might be right on Junction 13 of the M5 but in terms of location and match day experience it's piss poor as there's no towns within comfortable waking distance. Gloucester is 5 miles away as is Stroud and even Stonehouse is a bit of a trek. Any fans they gain will be negated by the losses they'll suffer from moving away from their current home as Gloucester isn't a football city and has never sustained a club. Either way they will never be self sustainable as Vince will own everything and FGR will always be dependent on him firing some their way.

Vince may have some money but it terms of feeding his ego he puts Power in the shade and when he doesn't get his way the toys usually get thrown firmly out of the pram.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 21:44:11 by theakston2k » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 21:36:33 »

You don't half post a lot of opinions disguised as facts. Would you like to put some money on the long term prosperity of FGR? Once he does or doesn't get his business park you watch what happens to the club, it's all about using the 'community sports hub' argument to sweeten the planning department, I attended one of the walk in sessions as it will impact me and their new ground would be made of wood if it gets the go ahead. You really need to question the motives of anyone looking to move a club more than 10 miles away from their 'home'. Eastington might be right on Junction 13 of the M5 but in terms of location and match day experience it's piss poor as there's no towns within comfortable waking distance. Gloucester is 5 miles away as is Stroud and even Stonehouse is a bit of a trek. Any fans they gain will be negated by the losses they'll suffer from moving away from their current home as Gloucester isn't a football city and has never sustained a club. Either way they will never be self sustainable as Vance will own everything and FGR will always be dependent on him firing some their way.

Vance may have some money but it terms of feeding his ego he puts Power in the shade and when he doesn't get his way the toys usually get thrown firmly out of the pram.
There are a few people at Gloucester City that might argue with you - but only a few!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 21:43:47 »

There are a few people at Gloucester City that might argue with you - but only a few!
I've got mates who support City, they are playing in Evesham next year which is a shocker. The fact that it's now been 10 years since the floods and aren't much closer to returning to the city shows the lack of interest in football.

Just checked the FGR accounts; £11 million in debt with a wage bill of £2.4 million against a turnover of only £1 million (only £600k in ticket sales). That is pretty shocking and will end in tears. Will be getting a League 2 record sponsorship deal with Ecotricity next season to flout FFP I'm sure.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 22:00:29 by theakston2k » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 22:13:53 »

Why does anybody give a fuck about this club? Let them eat nuts (cutlets) and carry the fuck on, they're of no more interest to me than any other club our managers have gone to. They're certainly not an example of a club I want to be like.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 14, 2017, 22:15:47 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 07:41:56 »

Why does anybody give a fuck about this club? Let them eat nuts (cutlets) and carry the fuck on, they're of no more interest to me than any other club our managers have gone to. They're certainly not an example of a club I want to be like.
Because it's a football forum and it's nice to discuss things.
Chrystovski

« Reply #26 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 07:53:58 »

Because it's a local fixture and FGR are managed by an ex-Town manager.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:26:06 »

Both these last points sound pretty valid TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:35:35 »

Quote from: Ells
FGR are kind of ingrained into the local area, from kids football all the way up. But having been the yocal community club up the road, suddenly they are competing for players with us and probably have more cash to do so.

I'm struggling with the reality of it all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:43:27 »

FGR are kind of ingrained into the local area, from kids football all the way up. But having been the yocal community club up the road, suddenly they are competing for players with us and probably have more cash to do so.

I'm struggling with the reality of it all.

FGR have become the closest FL club to Swindon ever.

The Stroud/Stonehouse/Ciren and also Tetbury, have always been solid STFC country, not only players and staff, remember we lost 3 last summer, but fans.  Maybe it'll help Power up his game.

Cooper on Vince in today's Guardian "he's not conventional but he's good to work for. He gave me the opportunity to have full control, of the football side"
« Last Edit: Monday, May 15, 2017, 08:48:44 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: