Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Has Power learnt a big lesson?  (Read 25799 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 16:29:39 »

Certainly it is the first season where we go into with our FL status under question. Wouldn't say the prospect particularly thrills me though.

Broken record Reg. in a recent post to me you said you didn't seriously expect to be in a relegation battle and that it was said tongue in cheek and then post after post of fl status and relegation drivel follows
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 16:59:52 »

Broken record Reg. in a recent post to me you said you didn't seriously expect to be in a relegation battle and that it was said tongue in cheek and then post after post of fl status and relegation drivel follows

I don't recognise this post.... I do recall you saying that stats showed a 3/10 chance of going straight down, to which I agreed that it suggests odds against, but also evidence that it can happen.

I also said if we're not a club in crisis, then we're a club being chronically mismanaged.  So far, albeit early close season, I've yet to see much evidence of a change.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 17:26:01 »

I don't recognise this post.... I do recall you saying that stats showed a 3/10 chance of going straight down, to which I agreed that it suggests odds against, but also evidence that it can happen.

I also said if we're not a club in crisis, then we're a club being chronically mismanaged.  So far, albeit early close season, I've yet to see much evidence of a change.

Your exact words:
Conference football is something I've never seriously entertained

So it's not something you seriously entertain but something that you will continually refer to  Hmmm

It wasn't a 3/10 chance of going down either, it's 3 teams from the last 10 seasons.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 18:48:24 »

Your exact words:
So it's not something you seriously entertain but something that you will continually refer to  Hmmm

It wasn't a 3/10 chance of going down either, it's 3 teams from the last 10 seasons.

Never seriously entertained until now. This is the reality of our present condition. You may have belief that Power is a changed man.... I need a lot more convincing.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 18:58:24 »

Never seriously entertained until now. This is the reality of our present condition. You may have belief that Power is a changed man.... I need a lot more convincing.

Two weeks ago you never seriously entertained the thought, then power has sacked Williams, got rid of shit players, confirmed one of the highest budgets in the league and said that model will change and manager will have 100% control of signings. Following this news you have changed your mind and relegation is a possibility.

All good, your entitled to your opinion
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 19:12:07 »

Two weeks ago you never seriously entertained the thought, then power has sacked Williams, got rid of shit players, confirmed one of the highest budgets in the league and said that model will change and manager will have 100% control of signings. Following this news you have changed your mind and relegation is a possibility.

To be fair words are cheap. So far we don;t know who the manager will be, we don't know if the shit players will be replaced by bigger shit and the budget is unknown. Power is saying all the right things but its the actions that will convince most, not words.
This is as massive a pre season as I can remember. Reg is right that going out the league is a possibility but very easily avoided, as was relegation last year. Power fucked that right up, so many clear signposts and so many shit decisions or non decisions. In fact, its still difficult to put last season into context. Power maybe a football man but Mr Mghoo would have done better.
I think everyone has a right to be cynical at the moment. All power has to do stop the cynicism is do what he says he will do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 19:14:00 »

Absolutely; firstly we don't have a new manager...secondly the man who we don't have, who is in charge of signings has offered 1 goal in 3 years Jermaine Hylton new terms. Power told us last season we had a top ten budget.....

I think it is going to be difficult to attract the right calibre of boss required, he's then going to have to recruit the right type of player and develop the new style of play.

It's a daunting prospect. We'll need to get back to basics... maybe it will work, but the possibility that it might not has to be considered given events over the last couple of seasons, when so many decisions taken have gone so badly wrong.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 19:21:55 »

Proof before belief is pretty prevalent in the fanbase to be fair.
-------
I'm still amazed we offered contacts to the goal machine and the incredible sulk. Makes me also think the new man must be known and consulted.

Can't for the life of me think why 'I recruited badly' Power would make that call on his Todd.

Suppose it may be a derisory offer that will let the new man leave it, or increase it as he sees fit. But you'd think that would apply to Smith too.

Probably overthinking this? Or any other ideas wtf the case is here..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 19:37:54 »

Proof before belief is pretty prevalent in the fanbase to be fair.
-------
I'm still amazed we offered contacts to the goal machine and the incredible sulk. Makes me also think the new man must be known and consulted.

Can't for the life of me think why 'I recruited badly' Power would make that call on his Todd.

Suppose it may be a derisory offer that will let the new man leave it, or increase it as he sees fit. But you'd think that would apply to Smith too.

Probably overthinking this? Or any other ideas wtf the case is here..

I can understand offering contracts to Branco and Nathan, but not Hylton or Yaser or NSSJO. It can't be with a view to getting a fee as they're too old. What would be the point in someone who wants to play a more direct game being handed Yas as one of his key players? 
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 19:58:50 »

Of course words are cheap and power may not do any of these things. I'm highlighting the fact that in two weeks of Reg has changed his mind and turns every post into a relegation theory.

Everything is a prediction at the moment, everything.

Offering Hylton a contract produces no further evidence to either argument of relegation.

Spouting relegation ideas constantly in May with absolutely no idea who will be in charge and which signings we will make. regardless of our recruitment there are also 23 other teams playing in league 2 with their own issues to sort out with attendances and budgets a fraction of ours.

Basically I'm saying fucking cheer up
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Sunday, May 21, 2017, 20:46:54 »

You're trying to reason with Reg?

Think that through, and consider the futility of your efforts.
Chrystovski

« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 08:33:22 »

I can understand offering contracts to Branco and Nathan, but not Hylton or Yaser or NSSJO. It can't be with a view to getting a fee as they're too old. What would be the point in someone who wants to play a more direct game being handed Yas as one of his key players? 

I can see Hylton scoring goals in League 2. I think he has something about him. Playing an odd game in a struggling team wouldn't have helped his confidence. Utilise his pace and play at a quicker tempo and I think he could do well.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 08:41:48 »

Hylton needs to stay fit and hit the ground running.

Doesn't seem like too much to ask..!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 10:58:03 »

I can see Hylton scoring goals in League 2. I think he has something about him. Playing an odd game in a struggling team wouldn't have helped his confidence. Utilise his pace and play at a quicker tempo and I think he could do well.

Jermaine looks to me like a non league footballer... he does run around a bit, but there's a bit more to it than that.

A decent striker tends to have a trademark sort of goal in him, the better they are the more trademark goals.  So some stikers we got from non league... Jimmy Quinn, strong in the air and a shot like a mule, you could see how he would score. Charlie Austin, decent enough in the air, if the ball found him in and around the box, he found a way of sticking it away.

Colin Gordon, again strong in the air, could do pen box finishing.  I just don't see anything in Jermaine that looks like an eye for goal.

I accept that sometimes it just clicks for a player at a certain club at a certain time, look at someone like Bryan Wade, proper non league lad from Trowbridge yet managed 10 goals in his first season.

Bryan's trademark was the diving header or bundle the ball over the line after an aerial bombardment.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 22, 2017, 19:19:40 »

Hylton's a woeful footballer, very, very limited and frankly I am amazed he has been offered a contract by a football league club and that is us having seen first hand just what he offers (nothing).

If he signs it then we'll also have to endure at least another season of fans tediously saying he hasn't been giving a chance and deserves a run in the team - he's proven to be out of his depth.

What on earth Power is playing at here I really don't know  No
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: