Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peter Noble  (Read 2547 times)

+12/-23

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 21:27:11 »

I think stfc legend is justified in this fella's case. Rip
bamboonoshoe

+12/-14

A Beard is for life not just for Decembeard

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, May 6, 2017, 23:24:06 »

Cracking player. My Dad saw him play a few times but not myself. They're are the kind of players that are but a memory now days.

STFC Legend Sad

COYR WASERAWA STFC

Please help us fund our first major challenge http://www.GoFundMe.com/ProjectICE
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

+41/-139

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 02:03:13 »

I once went to a party at Noble's house, which was a club house in Wigmore Avenue, later sold to stave off HMRC. Lovely fella, would have been about 68.

Back then the homoginisation of accents hadn't really started... couldn't understand a word he said.

As Chalkies says.... the rendition of the Noble song by the TE when he returned with Blackpool was a thing of beauty.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 02:09:10 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
flash

+1/-0

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 07:52:20 »

Likewise I remember Peter Downsborough's reception when he returned with Bradford City in the late seventies.
Saddened to hear of Peter Noble's passing, I have very fond memories both of him playing for the Town and that glorious era.
RedRag

+9/-3

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 07:58:44 »

RIP to a Swindon legend who went on to prove himself in the old first division

A key component of the all conquering 69 squad. Scored and made many goals with his deft, glancing headers.
Peter Venkman

+31/-86

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 09:27:15 »

A genuine Town legend, RIP Peter.

The morning cocks are crowing, an evil wind is blowing, you feel your juices flowing and wonder where you're going.

You hear about a shooting, and plan a different route in, and you end up hiding even though you're law abiding.

What & How & If & When & Why.
Ticker45

+2/-0

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 13:24:37 »

You always knew what you were getting with Peter Noble which was 100% effort, high workrate and the ability to score goals, the sort of player that any team would be glad to have. Great memories of a legend. RIP.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
ReadingRed

+0/-0

Dewey wrangler

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 16:42:34 »

What a player. King of the near-post header, usually from one of Rogers' crosses. I remember idolising him almost as much as Don as a kid.
Scored 27 penalties from 27 attempts at Burnley. How many players these days have a comparable record?

Noble, Noble
He's off to Mexico
Cause Francis Lee has got VD
Noble, Noble, Noble, Noble
etc.

RIP
Pax Romana

+7/-5

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 20:04:38 »

Likewise I remember Peter Downsborough's reception when he returned with Bradford City in the late seventies.
Saddened to hear of Peter Noble's passing, I have very fond memories both of him playing for the Town and that glorious era.
Jeez that brings back memories, I can still vividly remember when Downsborough came out for the second half and started running towards us in the town end.  Have I remembered it right that he only left because we wouldn't give him an extra 5 a week?

Sad news about Noble. 72 is no age.
Wilf Shergold

+2/-0

Yum yum

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 7, 2017, 21:17:26 »

What sad news. A genuine Town hero. Thanks for '69, Peter, you helped give a generation of Town fans one of their best footballing experiences. RIP.
Robinz

+1/-0

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, May 8, 2017, 06:56:06 »

Peter Noble was part of a generation where I really thought dreams do come true..

In fact they did.... !!!

Rest in peace and thank you for the memories.   
ReadingRed

+0/-0

Dewey wrangler

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:17:13 »

There was a nice tribute to him on Radio 4 this morning, around 1:28 at http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08qxd00
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: