Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359991 times)
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1875 on: Saturday, July 1, 2017, 06:33:25 »

So the scum appoint a failed reserve team manager who found a bit of joy briefly at Swansea and one good season as Leeds assistant.
(Who'll go on to be a success now I've worded it like that.)

Sent from my SM-G930F

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1876 on: Saturday, July 1, 2017, 14:31:21 »

From a Q&A with Robertson

'7. One thing you’ve learnt about Swindon already?

The gaffer’s not taking any *#?!.'

confirms what we all thought(hoped)
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #1877 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 12:29:11 »

According to this months When Saturday Comes magazine Paul Simpson, who recently managed the England team who won the Under 20 World Cup, just pipped David Flitcroft to the job. Apparently Dan Ashworth from the FA who gave Simpson the job has invited Flitcroft to come and observe some training sessions. Maybe whilst there he can make contact and snap up some bright young things on loan to supplement the battle hardened old pros he has recruited so far to get us out of League 2.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1878 on: Monday, July 3, 2017, 12:52:10 »

According to this months When Saturday Comes magazine Paul Simpson, who recently managed the England team who won the Under 20 World Cup, just pipped David Flitcroft to the job. Apparently Dan Ashworth from the FA who gave Simpson the job has invited Flitcroft to come and observe some training sessions. Maybe whilst there he can make contact and snap up some bright young things on loan to supplement the battle hardened old pros he has recruited so far to get us out of League 2.
Flitcroft said upon his appointment that he was close to getting the U21 job but lost out to Simpson purely on experience of playing at international level. (Simpson played at U21 level for England).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #1879 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 17:00:19 »

BBC Wiltshire Sport‏ @BBCWiltsSport  49s50 seconds ago
More
 FOOTBALL : New @Official_STFC fitness coach is Chris Neville, previous work includes Portsmouth/Blackburn/England #stfc

Another England connection.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1880 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 17:06:11 »

More
 FOOTBALL : New @Official_STFC fitness coach is Chris Neville, previous work includes Portsmouth/Blackburn/England #stfc

I'm on it.
https://mobile.twitter.com/v_ellory/status/882284553540423681

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #1881 on: Tuesday, July 4, 2017, 17:11:14 »

Very good.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1882 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 17:57:41 »

More

And doing pre season on grass rather than 3G looking at the latest photos. Might mean we have a fit team and eliminate the ridiculous amount of injuries we had, good to at least look a professional outfit again.
Flashheart

« Reply #1883 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:10:07 »

Does it make that much difference? Genuine question.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1884 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 18:42:49 »

Depends who you ask - reports provide evidence either way at the moment.  Some evidence of higher rates of impact style injuries (twists etc.) but less strains I think.  Rugby manages to play entire games on it these days, so can't be too bad.  I imagine it is a little odd moving between the two surfaces though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1885 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 19:04:25 »

Does it make that much difference? Genuine question.
I find it does especially as a keeper i find the impact when falling on 3G much harder than on natural grass as there is always a bit of give as the pitch is aerated, watered and what not. Also you tend to wear AG moulded studs on 3G which you don't wear on grass so when you step on to grass especially on softer pitches where you have metal studs on it feels completely different. Could easily see players picking up strains moving from one surface to the other and knowing last seasons players they probably kept running into the solid metal fence that surround the 3G pitch.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1886 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 19:10:25 »

It was a while back now, so may have improved, but my biggest gripe was the little black rubber pellets.  They'd get everywhere and be annoyingly distracting.  Like playing on a beach and immediately having sand everywhere imaginable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1887 on: Wednesday, July 5, 2017, 19:28:20 »

my knees hurt more after playing on 3G. HTH, probably not, I suspect our squad may be slightly fitter than me
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1888 on: Thursday, July 6, 2017, 08:25:10 »

my knees hurt more after playing on 3G. HTH, probably not, I suspect our squad may be slightly fitter than me

I wouldn't count on that....

I gave up 5 a side as the 3G pitch fucked my knees and hips every time we played.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1889 on: Thursday, July 6, 2017, 10:18:54 »

Yep, anecdotal at best but I find 3G much tougher on the joints than grass too.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 [126] 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: