Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360037 times)
Chrystovski

« Reply #1845 on: Saturday, June 24, 2017, 20:54:29 »

Audrey's been right before. JS.

Imagine the meltdown if Cooper did get the job. It would have been biblical.

Why? He did a good job whilst here. 2 good seasons and had a bad start to the 3rd...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1846 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 08:05:33 »

Yeah but our fans never took to him.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1847 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 09:48:14 »

Two sides. You can say he did well but in my eyes he should have done better, we should have been promoted with the players at his disposal. We had a league 1 teams worth tens of millions based on future transfer fees, id put it out there that it was one of the highest valued league 1 team ever. Whether it was him picking the team and tactics etc etc he had the title of manager.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1848 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 10:49:11 »

'We had a league 1 teams worth tens of millions based on future transfer fees, id put it out there that it was one of the highest valued league 1 team ever'

I'll have some of what your having!
Flashheart

« Reply #1849 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:06:12 »

Total Sport Swindon‏ @TotalSportSwin  1m1 minute ago
More
 #STFC's pre-season may about to spark into life. David Flitcroft is hoping to announce SEVEN new matches this week
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1850 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:07:36 »

I'm hoping to win the lottery this week.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1851 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 11:13:44 »

'We had a league 1 teams worth tens of millions based on future transfer fees, id put it out there that it was one of the highest valued league 1 team ever'

I'll have some of what your having!

Haha, I'd love to see a breakdown of that calculation
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1852 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:04:55 »

More
 #STFC's pre-season may about to spark into life. David Flitcroft is hoping to announce SEVEN new matches this week
Swan Vesta perhaps
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1853 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:06:54 »

Haha, I'd love to see a breakdown of that calculation

Nathan Byrne (Sold to Wolves £1m+?
Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin (Sold to QPR £3.5m)
Ryan Mason (Sold to Hull £13m)
Louis Thompson (Sold to Norwich £1m+?)
Alex Pritchard (Sold to Norwich £8m)
Nicky Ajose (Sold to Charlton £800k)
Jacob Murphy (Playing for England u21 still at Norwich)
Jack Stephens (Southampton 1st Team  and England u21 international)
Jordan Turnbull (Coventry paid an undisclosed fee)
Brad Smith (Sold to Bournemouth £6m)
John Swift (England u21 International free transfer to Reading from Chelsea. If sold now worth millions)
Kevin Stewart (1st team Squad for Liverpool)

Along with the above we also had our own players than were of high value in 2013-2015 which would have attracted fees if sold.

Wes Fodderingham
Nathan Thompson
Yaser Kasim

We also paid money for players like Luke Rooney, Michael Smith and Lawrence Vigouroux.

The calibre of players available to Cooper was unbelievable. Young international players that have gone for huge transfers within a year or two of playing for us.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1854 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:25:22 »

Nathan Byrne (Sold to Wolves £1m+?
Massimo Luongo and Ben Gladwin (Sold to QPR £3.5m)
Ryan Mason (Sold to Hull £13m)
Louis Thompson (Sold to Norwich £1m+?)
Alex Pritchard (Sold to Norwich £8m)
Nicky Ajose (Sold to Charlton £800k)
Jacob Murphy (Playing for England u21 still at Norwich)
Jack Stephens (Southampton 1st Team  and England u21 international)
Jordan Turnbull (Coventry paid an undisclosed fee)
Brad Smith (Sold to Bournemouth £6m)
John Swift (England u21 International free transfer to Reading from Chelsea. If sold now worth millions)
Kevin Stewart (1st team Squad for Liverpool)

Along with the above we also had our own players than were of high value in 2013-2015 which would have attracted fees if sold.

Wes Fodderingham
Nathan Thompson
Yaser Kasim

We also paid money for players like Luke Rooney, Michael Smith and Lawrence Vigouroux.

The calibre of players available to Cooper was unbelievable. Young international players that have gone for huge transfers within a year or two of playing for us.

Just as easy to argue that Cooper helped develop them to be worth money.  One thing for sure, is that we haven't been able to acquire similar talent for the last couple of seasons... hence the change of direction to a more traditional
 model.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1855 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 12:35:08 »

Just as easy to argue that Cooper helped develop them to be worth money.  One thing for sure, is that we haven't been able to acquire similar talent for the last couple of seasons... hence the change of direction to a more traditional
 model.

Not really, transfer fees are factual (give or take undisclosed). Attributing their career moves to Cooper is based on nothing that guess work and opinion- of which I find quite funny if that is yours.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1856 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 13:15:20 »

More
Oldham just been announced. 14th July at the CG behind closed doors.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15372157.Town_to_face_Oldham_in_pre_season_friendly/
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1857 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 13:21:04 »

Not really, transfer fees are factual (give or take undisclosed). Attributing their career moves to Cooper is based on nothing that guess work and opinion- of which I find quite funny if that is yours.

I always try to entertain... in my world if player x worked with Cooper and subsequently becomes worth value y,  then it is on the spectrum of possibilities to consider that he may have helped along the way.

It is just as likely as your assertion, that as a collection of players subsequently worth y, failed to achive promotion under his tenure then he must be useless.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 26, 2017, 13:23:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1858 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 13:43:02 »

I always try to entertain... in my world if player x worked with Cooper and subsequently becomes worth value y,  then it is on the spectrum of possibilities to consider that he may have helped along the way.

It is just as likely as your assertion, that as a collection of players subsequently worth y, failed to achive promotion under his tenure then he must be useless.

Did well but should of done better. Let's not misquote to suit
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1859 on: Monday, June 26, 2017, 13:44:11 »

Not one of the most valuable L1 teams ever though surely.

Think of the teams down here in recent years, particularly the likes of Wolves, Southampton and Norwich. They had millions of pounds worth of talent (and probably wages).
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: