Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360098 times)
Chrystovski

« Reply #1800 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:02:14 »

For me it seems we have an all talking, I will big me up new manager.
I've already had enough of reading every day on ThisIs about how good he is going to be.
I can see this going tits up very quickly unless he starts signing players or good loanees.
I am getting the impression we are going to be signing players past their sell buy date from a few seasons ago, who know how he works. This apparently gets us out of Div 2.
Great

Christ, give the bloke a chance. He was only appointed just over a week ago.
Chrystovski

« Reply #1801 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:09:31 »

One, of many, possible scenarios.  I don't think there's a lot wrong, at this stage of the season for people to have some optimism.

My main concern atm, is, I bump into people I haven't seen for a while and  how many haven't renewed a ST.

To get these back regularly then we will need to be winning

I'm not sure getting fans back will be all down to DF either. I think it could take 6 months to a year for some fans to trust LP again too. I'm cautiously optimistic that LP will now be hands off but the proof will be in the pudding. I think some will wait and see how things play out over the next 6-12 months before making a decision.

But overall I'm very happy with the appointment of DF Smiley
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1802 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:20:59 »

LP will now be hands off

IMHO he went hands off as soon as Sherwood came in, Sherwood took control of transfers / recruitment (as well as "helping" Williams with training and other stuff) as Power knew that he needed someone else to handle it going forward. He threw his last throw of the dice with his "methods" by employing Sherwood to work with Luke but it just never really worked, some fans blame Sherwood for our relegation but he was just one part of a machine that was in dire need of replacement.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1803 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:31:00 »

IMHO he went hands off as soon as Sherwood came in, Sherwood took control of transfers / recruitment (as well as "helping" Williams with training and other stuff) as Power knew that he needed someone else to handle it going forward. He threw his last throw of the dice with his "methods" by employing Sherwood to work with Luke but it just never really worked, some fans blame Sherwood for our relegation but he was just one part of a machine that was in dire need of replacement.

Do you actually know Lee Power, otherwise this entire post is pure speculation being passed off as some manner of ITK nonsense?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1804 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:53:59 »

Do you actually know Lee Power, otherwise this entire post is pure speculation being passed off as some manner of ITK nonsense?

Although I dismiss his posts as 90% drivel (not sure if that's good or bad!), he did start that one with IMHO ...
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1805 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 12:56:32 »

I started with "IMHO", where did I insinuate it was ITK? ........ why else would he bring in Sherwood and then say he will be dealing with transfers using his contacts. When Sherwood came in, that's when Power started having an interest in Waterford so Power's time was even more tied up so in my opinion (imo) Sherwood was brought in to do the jobs Power was so Power could concentrate more on his other business ventures (Waterford, Horse racing, training ground).

I could be well off the mark but that's the most logical reason why Sherwood came in (that's what a DoF does) unless you are of the "Sherwood was a smokescreen to screw millions from the club for his best mate" brigade then realistically Power knew early on last season he had made mistakes in the summer, Sherwood was his get out of jail card (hence bigging him up as the biggest signing etc) but it royally bit him in the ass.

Realistically we can only guess why Power did what he did and too me that seems the most logical reason.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1806 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 13:02:50 »

And to be fair, Power did say about Sherwood handling things so it's not exactly a wild stab in the dark.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1807 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 13:19:03 »

So if you don't go along with the happy clappers you are predictable, oh.
From the views and interviews and the backing by ex players who are looking for a game, you are right, we will have to wait for the 'said players are signed'.

Its June and the fixtures for next season haven't even been announced.

What is it with some of our fans that are so negative all the time. Give it a month and we have 6 players on the book, then we can panic.

Can't we just wait and see what the new manager brings and stop being knee-jerkers ALL the time? Its pretty tedious.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chrystovski

« Reply #1808 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 13:33:00 »

Knowing our past connections with Sherwood,  Spurs players & recommending LW etc, appointing him as DOF was never LP being hands off, it was all still too close to home. I'd say this is the 1st time since he's been in charge that's he fully handed the reigns over. I think it speaks volumes that DF's job title is manager and not Head Coach.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1809 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 13:33:08 »

The first test seems to be finding someone actually prepared to play us in pre-season, I didn't realise the manager had so much involvement in arranging such pre-season games.

I assume we will play Supermarine as always and maybe some team from Leicester taking note of Flitcrofts connections?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1810 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 14:15:20 »

To wait for a June appointed manager to arrange a pre-season schedule was a bit silly. This sort of stuff starts getting pencilled  in during March/April.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1811 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 14:43:38 »

DF said something in the presser about Portsmouth having too many games and that they were trying to get rid of a couple... Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1812 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 15:33:22 »

See Stevenage have signed Harry Beautyman...he's one we were so say after, but he went to Cobblers.

Maybe Stevenage will be one of the Div 4 big hitters  Hmmm
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1813 on: Friday, June 16, 2017, 08:34:22 »

Do you suffer from tinnitus now?

Fortunately not, although I did also see Motörhead there. T'was the loudest gig I have ever been to
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #1814 on: Friday, June 16, 2017, 08:43:17 »

He's not won a single point yet. Not good enough.

Unbelievable...the guy hasn't lost a single game, and you're already on his back. For shame.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: