Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359994 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #1785 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:41:27 »

Proper mature cheddar though. Man's cheddar.

Definitely. None of that mild nonsense.

It's going to be a bit of a disappointment if we have to assign a cheese to him, though. The press need to pull their finger out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1786 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:43:27 »

For me it seems we have an all talking, I will big me up new manager.
I've already had enough of reading every day on ThisIs about how good he is going to be.
I can see this going tits up very quickly unless he starts signing players or good loanees.
I am getting the impression we are going to be signing players past their sell buy date from a few seasons ago, who know how he works. This apparently gets us out of Div 2.
Great

One, of many, possible scenarios.  I don't think there's a lot wrong, at this stage of the season for people to have some optimism.

My main concern atm, is, I bump into people I haven't seen for a while and  how many haven't renewed a ST.

To get these back regularly then we will need to be winning
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1787 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:43:43 »

Each new player has to live locally which cannot be a bad thing as a bit of local pride comes to the fore so have we seen the last of range rovers and big mercs speeding back off towards London complete with their personalised number plates?  
Is the objection to them speeding off to London, or that they're doing so in Range Rovers and Mercs with personalised number plates? Would you be happier if they were going back to London, but in shitty 10-year old Astras?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1788 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:44:17 »

Instead of asking stooopid questions like 'are you going to move the changing rooms as the away one is bigger'.

What sort of fucking question is that?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1789 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:44:39 »

One, of many, possible scenarios.  I don't think there's a lot wrong, at this stage of the season for people to have some optimism.
WHO ARE YOU? AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH REG?Huh??  Eek Eek
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1790 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:48:03 »

WHO ARE YOU? AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH REG?Huh?Eek Eek

Reg appears to be now posting under the username 'Stevens'?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1791 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:51:05 »

WHO ARE YOU? AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH REG?Huh??  Eek Eek

some optimism

The Power way of the last 2 seasons would be more likely to get us out of Div 4 downwards. I'm reasonably happy atm that Flitcroft will avoid that ignominy.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1792 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 09:54:07 »

Reg appears to be now posting under the username 'Stevens'?
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1793 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:04:06 »

If by happy clappers you mean fans who are looking forward to a new season under a new manager with a totally different approach to the failures of the last two seasons then yes, I will clap away.

I don't reckon I'd bother with footie at all if I was as negative in June as you're coming across. Mind you I'm 28 so if you're over 60 you're looking at more than double the misery I've endured as a Swindon fan  Smiley

I've come to the conclusion that anyone that refers to other fans as happy clappers or glad all over brigade lose all credibility before they have even begun so take their view with a pinch of salt.  Maybe not fair but all of the dicks on that FB page refer to fans as that so I assume they are part of the same clan, just trolling and looking for a rise.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1794 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:04:26 »

Just noticed the following contribution from "Bury Taxpayer" on the Adver site.

"Unlucky for you David Flitcroft has been installed as your new manager ...even worse he's brought in Ben Futcher, Ben Futcher just about caused every single fall out amongst the Team we had at Bury....he lost respect left right and centre through his poor Man Management skills...he spoke to players like they were dogshit... (this i've heard first hand) which ultimatly caused a huge divide in the changing room that played it part in going 20 something games without a win (our worst ever streak to my knowledge)

Flitcroft has an ego about him, if you have any player at your club that is regarded as a "legend" or a fan favourite..then his days will be numbered ....Flitcroft does not like anyone at his clubs that takes the limelight from himself-he got rid of our Captain Peter Clarke somebody who was pivotal in our promotion push that season, he was our absolute brick wall that scooped the majority of the player of the season awards at the end of the season-his excuse was that he was too slow at tracking back. He also has an obsession with Goalkeepers ...if things are going wrong, or your going through a rough patch then he will replace your Keeper...he will confuse you in post match interviews with ramblings about "DNA" and "Synergy" whilst trying to make you believe that the embarrassing the 6 nil defeat you have just suffered was not his fault....

In any case i and on behalf of the majority of Bury FC fans wish you luck....you will need it."

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #1795 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:11:50 »

That post reads very similar to the Bury fan who came on here not so long ago  someone with a vendetta?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1796 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:18:56 »

That post reads very similar to the Bury fan who came on here not so long ago  someone with a vendetta?

That's what I thought... Shaker.

The not wanting popular players around, won't enter into it.  We have none.

I don't think you'll find too many Town fans worried about a cone collector, who isn't very nice.

I'd like to hear Flitcroft's thoughts on te terrible run which saw him sacked. Was it down to injuries etc, or the players wanting him gone?
Stevens

« Reply #1797 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:39:51 »

I've come to the conclusion that anyone that refers to other fans as happy clappers or glad all over brigade lose all credibility before they have even begun so take their view with a pinch of salt.  Maybe not fair but all of the dicks on that FB page refer to fans as that so I assume they are part of the same clan, just trolling and looking for a rise.

I only use this forum to post and not any other, I do not post very often though, it took me ages to receive the 'cunt' message.

If you have an opinion which is not the norm on here (and this has nothing to do with your comments Berniman), you get a lot of flack, which I don't mind at all, too old in my boots to take offence. It does seem to frighten off a lot of posters though, and the forum is worse for it.

My mistake to call a fan or a collective of fans 'happy clappers' and for that I am a cunt.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #1798 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:45:13 »

does Norm still post, I'm not sure, you're not really a cunt more of a cockwomble Cheesy
Stevens

« Reply #1799 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 10:57:13 »

does Norm still post, I'm not sure, you're not really a cunt more of a cockwomble Cheesy

Never heard of a Cockwomble before so had to look it up:

'A completely useless person that spouts constant bullshit'

I feel the love Cunt!
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: