Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360114 times)
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 17:18:51 »

A lot of players called PDC a bully as well. Often depends if you are in favour or not. I don't want bully's in our club. But someone who pushes the players hard would be very welcome.

Now it's a waiting game to see what standard of players enter the building.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1756 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 17:21:13 »

Not that I would defend bullying per se but I do think that we could do with someone a bit more aggressive and promoting hard work to the team wouldn't go amiss.
TBH the partnership does sound exactly what we were missing last season in the management.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 17:53:29 »

Over your fucking head Flitcroft! Christ, you had one job ....

... that's it, it's over for me. Flitcroft OUT!!

He didn't want to face the wrath of the Davis, so he decided to comply.

Flashheart

« Reply #1758 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 17:59:57 »

Bloody conformist.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 20:00:22 »

Bloody conformist.
I'm sure someone will use that as a reason not to renew their season ticket.

Back to Budgie-chat... I first heard them on Planet Rock some years ago and couldn't believe I'd not heard of them before. I heard 'breadfan' as 'bread van' and imagined a Postman Pat-like character pootling about the Valleys delivering bread in his little van.

The singer/bassist Burke Shelley featured on an ace BBC4 doc on British rock/metal saying as a Christian he couldn't get with the darker/Satanic side to the genre - it sounded wonderful in his lovely Cardiff accent.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 20:16:59 »

Back to Budgie-chat... I first heard them on Planet Rock some years ago and couldn't believe I'd not heard of them before. I heard 'breadfan' as 'bread van' and imagined a Postman Pat-like character pootling about the Valleys delivering bread in his little van.

I saw them at Goldiggers in Chippenham supporting Gillan
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 20:22:52 »

He comes across very well, hopefully the players we already have buy into his philosophy.

I get the feeling that we will at the very least have a team that is organised & works for each other
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 22:35:52 »

Thanks for the link. 

Like what he says.  It's recruitment that is the immediate priority and the success or otherwise of this will impact on Flitcroft's overall performance.  As Power indicated, the squad for the second half of last season should have been able to compete and I'd like to think Flitcroft could have motivated it better.  He's been quite successful. 

I'm always interested however what it takes for a manager/ management team to turn round a shocking run?  Flitcroft didn't turn anything round at Bury but he unlike Williams he was sacked in a timely manner.  I do think being able to arrest that 10 game shocker of a run is quite a key skill however - even if the manager may need outside help or chairman support.  Williams was just indulged.

Let's hope we can get two or three leaders as players in the team. We may have to become "dirty western bastards"?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 23:12:57 »

That's an extremely encouraging interview, seems honest and forthcoming enough to tell it like it is to all parties.  On this evidence I don't think we'll have any bullshit post match interviews, seems like he'll open up and say on the day we just weren't good enough if we lose but unlike the last 18 months I think we have somebody there who will work to fix the inefficiencies ahead of the following fixture.

Really like that he referenced Spurs in relation to the work done without the ball and also how the appointment of the fitness/performance coach is vital to him.  After seeing how fit we were under PDC and how effective even the most talented footballers can be at closing the opposition down - also see Barcelona of 3 or 4 years ago - I see no reason why any team shouldn't be able to work their arses off for 90+ minutes if they buy into the philosophy, if it's not beneath Kane, Alli, Son, Eriksen, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta et al then it better not be beneath a L2 player.

We need this ethic as a fanbase more than ever and we need a manager who will stand up and be counted, if DF falls short then I firmly believe that he will have given everything to try and achieve something here.  We need a pragmatist who is allowed to speak his own mind and we need somebody the fanbase can identify with, it's been a long time since we had that in many ways, OK PDC united most of us and we were all hoping Ling could put his demons to bed and take us forward but it has been some time since we had a a real grafter who relates to the common man.

At the very, very least I expect the DF edition of STFC to fight for each other, hopefully there will be some exiting football along the way.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 00:07:42 »

I saw them at Goldiggers in Chippenham supporting Gillan

Do you suffer from tinnitus now?

I did like Mother Brown's reference to the early 70's Adam Faith show. 

I always thought he was a better actor than singer.... nevertheless his pop success apparently enabled him to work for M15 spying on Fidel Castro.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 06:35:21 »

Why hasn't the big question been asked?  When's the new away kit being unveiled?

It's All Good..............
Stevens

« Reply #1766 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 07:11:24 »

For me it seems we have an all talking, I will big me up new manager.
I've already had enough of reading every day on ThisIs about how good he is going to be.
I can see this going tits up very quickly unless he starts signing players or good loanees.
I am getting the impression we are going to be signing players past their sell buy date from a few seasons ago, who know how he works. This apparently gets us out of Div 2.
Great

REDBUCK

« Reply #1767 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 07:12:16 »

Did I miss the cheese answers
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #1768 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 07:40:04 »

For me it seems we have an all talking, I will big me up new manager.
I've already had enough of reading every day on ThisIs about how good he is going to be.
I can see this going tits up very quickly unless he starts signing players or good loanees.
I am getting the impression we are going to be signing players past their sell buy date from a few seasons ago, who know how he works. This apparently gets us out of Div 2.
Great

Your impression means fuck all until said players are signed.

Some of our fans would be laughable if they weren't so predictable.
Stevens

« Reply #1769 on: Thursday, June 15, 2017, 08:19:07 »

Your impression means fuck all until said players are signed.

Some of our fans would be laughable if they weren't so predictable.

So if you don't go along with the happy clappers you are predictable, oh.
From the views and interviews and the backing by ex players who are looking for a game, you are right, we will have to wait for the 'said players are signed'.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: