Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360130 times)
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #1665 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:43:48 »

I'm just happy we've got a manager now. One that isn't big fat Steve and one that isn't Luke 'charisma' Williams!

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1666 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:48:10 »

I'm very impressed with Mr Flitcroft so far.
He certainly says all the right things.
Lets hope it translates into action.

Yes was also impressed with his interview, but after Luke I think it would have been difficult not to be. The fact he waited for assurances was promising too.

Nice to see another Wokingham based Town fan too!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1667 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 11:13:17 »

Yes was also impressed with his interview, but after Luke I think it would have been difficult not to be. The fact he waited for assurances was promising too.

Nice to see another Wokingham based Town fan too!

Luke was by some distance the worst manager in our history. 

Flitcroft, saying things which suggest at least basic competence is bound to look like an upgrade. 

TBF to Luke he wasn't really a manager, more a cone carrier given the job. The continuing mystery is why Power kept him in place for so long when it was evident he was inept. Which leads me to an instinctive mistrust of Power, which I'll keep until seeing some concrete evidence of a change.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1668 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 12:10:54 »

Appointing Flitcroft is evidence in my eyes.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1669 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 14:08:21 »

Appointing Flitcroft is evidence in my eyes.

Well yes it's a start, but the planning application change may suggest that Power has more interest in a property deal than the club. The club being a means to an end, so its status not mattering too much.

I take the point that it matters not if Power gets some money as long as the club, gets something as well. So more evidence needed for me than the appointment of a competent Div 4 boss.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1670 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:37:55 »

No mention on here of the statement that the "Swindon Way" has been binned according to Flitcroft.

It's a positive that the manager wants to try and win games, bizarre as it may seem, that hasn't been the case of late.

Lou Macari, always used to go on about recruiting players with a will to win, of course it helps if they've ability, but in Div 4 that won't always be the case.

We've had too many players recently, who just don't care about the result, allowed to have that attitude by the coaching staff.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1671 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:43:23 »

Well yes it's a start, but the planning application change may suggest that Power has more interest in a property deal than the club. The club being a means to an end, so its status not mattering too much.

I take the point that it matters not if Power gets some money as long as the club, gets something as well. So more evidence needed for me than the appointment of a competent Div 4 boss.

What planning application change, they are just consulting on ideas I wasn't aware an application had been prepared and submitted?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1672 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:45:19 »

Can't see many, if any, young loanees fitting Flitcroft's plan. Talking of loans, someone mentioned to me Richie Towell of Brighton - but that was before the new man came in.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1673 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:46:45 »

Im just hoping the management style goes from touchy feelie to smashy testes.  It'd be nice to see the players try.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1674 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:51:32 »

Has he signed anyone yet, if we don't have 20 players in by Friday all hell will break loose.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1675 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:52:24 »

What planning application change, they are just consulting on ideas I wasn't aware an application had been prepared and submitted?

I think you know what I mean... looking at houses rather than holiday lodges.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1676 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 11:57:08 »

I'm personally looking forward to being able to view corners as a way of creating goal scoring opportunities rather than just a way of restarting the game.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1677 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 12:02:00 »

I'm personally looking forward to being able to view corners as a way of creating goal scoring opportunities rather than just a way of restarting the game.

I've viewed our corners as a goalscoring opportunity for the opposition under Luke.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1678 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 12:11:38 »

I think you know what I mean... looking at houses rather than holiday lodges.

I know exactly what you mean, I also suspect that it was deliberately worded in such a way to be factually incorrect but act as a trolling exercise to get a bite from the Power out brigade...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1679 on: Thursday, June 8, 2017, 12:46:32 »

It will be nice to see crosses from the wings instead of trying to play everything through the middle and pass the ball into the back of the net
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: