Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360020 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1650 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 14:23:03 »

Nancy boys... another job lot of Froggy's countrymen... shudder.

Trouble is proper players cost; had we signed a James Vaughan/ Leon Clarke type, the sort that Flitcroft favours, we may well have stayed in Div 3, and Power wouldn't have lost himseus a £mill.

I think we'll need to see some pretty solid evidence of Power's change of attitude before we can anticipate looking forward to going to games.

Look at Oxford...they had Wilder who has shown himself to be a top lower league operator, but couldn't get out of Div 4, as Lenagan the owner kept a tight hold on purse strings. It was only when a new more generous owner came in that they went up, by which time Wilder had been hounded out by their fans.

These proper players contributed to a £4m budget, a £2.5m+ loss and a 19th place finish 1 point above relegation. I would rather of got relegated and start a squad again.
milo t

Ignore
« Reply #1651 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 14:40:21 »

Oh God, no. Does he have tiny little hands?

Swinvfefe

Well played sir
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1652 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 14:47:21 »

These proper players contributed to a £4m budget, a £2.5m+ loss and a 19th place finish 1 point above relegation. I would rather of got relegated and start a squad again.

Bury obviously are spending money they don't have.

Everything tells us that Power is still going to keep a tight rein on the spending, not necessarily a bad thing, and the likes of Accrington have shown prudent managers can get you into the Div 4 PO's on a modest budget.

Did Flitcroft get Bury up on the back of those sort of figures for their Div 4 campaign?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1653 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 15:57:22 »

Bury obviously are spending money they don't have.

Everything tells us that Power is still going to keep a tight rein on the spending, not necessarily a bad thing, and the likes of Accrington have shown prudent managers can get you into the Div 4 PO's on a modest budget.

Did Flitcroft get Bury up on the back of those sort of figures for their Div 4 campaign?

I believe the loss was even more. It will be chalk and cheese between the two clubs though and flitcroft will have no choice to recruit differently. They have a very old squad and have just added 34 yr old beckford and another 2 aged 31. 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1654 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 16:03:41 »

I believe the loss was even more. It will be chalk and cheese between the two clubs though and flitcroft will have no choice to recruit differently. They have a very old squad and have just added 34 yr old beckford and another 2 aged 31. 

Or Power has found a few bob down the back of the sofa.  Anyway it will be interesting to try and decipher the way ahead, as the new signings come on stream.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1655 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 16:07:51 »

Isn't Bury's money from a loan secured against their stadium??? Or am I mistaken?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1656 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 16:12:06 »

Bury had a wage spend not too far off what ours must be, based on what you can decipher from accounts.  Their problem is the revenue was about half.  Lots of loans although some have been converted to equity, banking on a stadium development, and the loaners are getting a healthy return in the meantime.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1657 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 17:01:20 »

Bury had a wage spend not too far off what ours must be, based on what you can decipher from accounts.  Their problem is the revenue was about half.  Lots of loans although some have been converted to equity, banking on a stadium development, and the loaners are getting a healthy return in the meantime.

Bury wagebill: £4.2m 2016, £3.2m 2015. Any idea on what ours was? With the comparison of squads I would have thought we were well below but if it was the same it does throw up questions on the players we signed.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1658 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 17:48:19 »

Power always reckoned we had a top 10 budget - whether this was before or after topping up with the Ajose money is anyone's guess.

Either way, the squad assembled last season never looked anywhere near a top 10 budget spend. The supposed spend on Vigs and Norris has been open to discussion but surely a L1 club wouldn't spend such a large chunk of their budget on a keeper and no way on God's earth could anyone cough £150,000 for Norris - £25,000 seems to be the accepted fee.

But the very fact Flitcroft is here points to a very decent budget for this level. Hope he spends it wisely.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1659 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 18:27:32 »

Bury wagebill: £4.2m 2016, £3.2m 2015. Any idea on what ours was? With the comparison of squads I would have thought we were well below but if it was the same it does throw up questions on the players we signed.

Well Bury's 2016 budget sounds similar to a PdC bonanza, and we know Power was commited to bringing that down to more manageable levels. 

I guess the Power strategy is that you can have 5 or 6 on decent money, but then you make up the rest with loans and kids/non leaguers, which are relatively cheap. It may well be that given the budget Flitcroft will be forced into something similar to build a squad of 22.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #1660 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 19:39:47 »

Looks real enough to me.

Steele-Davis has just suggested otherwise.
Flashheart

« Reply #1661 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 20:12:17 »

Steele-Davis has just suggested otherwise.

I saw that.

It'd be an odd thing if it isn't real though. It's not as though it's an amusing parody or anything. It just seems to be somebody that is, or is pretending to be, a lower league manager and has been doing so for about a year.

I still think it is real, it'd be very fucking stalkerish otherwise.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #1662 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 20:24:33 »

It'd be an odd thing if it isn't real though. It's not as though it's an amusing parody or anything. It just seems to be somebody that is, or is pretending to be, a lower league manager and has been doing so for about a year.

Agreed
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #1663 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 06:39:50 »

I'm very impressed with Mr Flitcroft so far.
He certainly says all the right things.
Lets hope it translates into action.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1664 on: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 08:28:54 »

Apparently he is a motivator, something we could have done with for the last 4 games.

Also he likes to sign several players and players that he knows well and has signed before, sounds like PdC crossed with Luggy.

Not a great track record but also not that bad either with a fair 38.6% win ratio from 202 games.

As with all new managers it could easily go either way but he sounds like a decent appointment, as FH says on the Barnsley & Bury forums they say a mixed bag about him erring slightly more to the negative side of his management.

Some managers fit clubs so lets hope he fits us and we fit him.

At least he has experience and its not Dave Hockaday.

Onwards and upwards.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: