Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360016 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #1635 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:54:14 »

If he was Bury's Chang, he'd have been on the Portsmouth forums saying DF was joining them as as goalkeeping coach.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1636 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:55:13 »

The problem with the model was unearthing a young player for sale was the be all and end all to the detriment of what happened week in week out on the pitch. It appears Power realises it cannot continue or we'd end up out of the league.

Actually looking forward to 'stuff' happening now.

I think caution would be sensible as regards "stuff".  Flitcroft may be talking a good game, but we've had long enough to get to know Power, and it will be very much a case of the proof of the pudding....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1637 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 11:06:27 »

Indeed. shaker90 seems to know quite a lot about how his club is run, likely speculative one suspects. Any Bury fan could come on here, happy clapper or member of their own special Facebook group.

More likely he was involved with Forever Bury and understandably has a chip on his or her shoulder as a result. It was a complete stitch up after all.

Did the Chairman/Board give in to the demands of the manager (think Wray and Di Canio) or did the Chairman/Board write a blank cheque and let the manager spend it how they liked (think Wray and Di Canio), or was it a mixture? When it all goes wrong all those involved are going to leave a bitter taste in the mouths of fans, but ultimately the Chairman and Board should take the blame.

I think it's safe to say even the Power out doom merchants will be gobsmacked if he [Lee Power] was to enable either scenario to occur; I fully expect Flitcroft has agreed the budget and what he is and isn't able to do, especially given the fact he's said it's taken a couple of weeks to reach that point.

Chrystovski

« Reply #1638 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 11:29:03 »

I don't think there is a huge difference in quality between League 1 & League 2, which is why promoted teams are often challenging in League 1 the season after.

I do expect us to go back to a similar style of play as under PDC given DF's reputation. Big blokes at the back, flood the wings, get the ball into the box early. I think it's a style that's effective at both levels, just look at Burton, Bradford & Fleetwood to name a few.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1639 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 11:30:36 »

I am a little underwhelmed but feeling quietly optimistic.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1640 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 11:45:51 »

Speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised if Power tries to sell up soon.

He's effectively abandoned his 'model' by giving the job to Flitcroft who's already said the major sticking point for him was being able to bring in his own players.

I doubt that means signing a load of kids that hopefully turn out good and make Power a profit. His focus will be on building a winning team probably including players he's worked with previously.

If that's the case why would Lee stick around when he's openly said a number of times he's here to make money?

He can still make money, there is no harm in bringing in players that get developed and improved and then at a later date sold on for a profit, hopefully though it wont be the whole team being sold on for a profit and we can actually build a team that just needs improving the following season instead of rebuilding.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #1641 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:25:45 »

No it was September '16 we played them at the CG.
Sorry - you are correct,  February was the away game.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1642 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:37:39 »

We have a new manager who tweets!!  And to think that I was about to delete my Twitter account as well.
Flashheart

« Reply #1643 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:55:23 »

He's on twitter?

What could possibly go wrong? Does Jordan Cook know yet?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1644 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:57:46 »

Would be very surprised if it was real.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1645 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 12:58:17 »

I think caution would be sensible as regards "stuff".  Flitcroft may be talking a good game, but we've had long enough to get to know Power, and it will be very much a case of the proof of the pudding....
TBH, Reg, 'stuff' for me amounts to not much more than looking forward to going to games again instead of dreading it - or not at all - and anticipating proper players instead of another group of Nancy boys.

Nice to hear Flitcroft mention that L2 is for men's football, not boys.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1646 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 13:00:04 »

We have a new manager who tweets!!  And to think that I was about to delete my Twitter account as well.
Oh God, no. Does he have tiny little hands?
Flashheart

« Reply #1647 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 13:00:51 »

Would be very surprised if it was real.

Looks real enough to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1648 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 13:54:11 »

Quote from: pauld
Oh God, no. Does he have tiny little hands?

Swinvfefe
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1649 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 14:03:56 »

TBH, Reg, 'stuff' for me amounts to not much more than looking forward to going to games again instead of dreading it - or not at all - and anticipating proper players instead of another group of Nancy boys.

Nice to hear Flitcroft mention that L2 is for men's football, not boys.

Nancy boys... another job lot of Froggy's countrymen... shudder.

Trouble is proper players cost; had we signed a James Vaughan/ Leon Clarke type, the sort that Flitcroft favours, we may well have stayed in Div 3, and Power wouldn't have lost himseus a £mill.

I think we'll need to see some pretty solid evidence of Power's change of attitude before we can anticipate looking forward to going to games.

Look at Oxford...they had Wilder who has shown himself to be a top lower league operator, but couldn't get out of Div 4, as Lenagan the owner kept a tight hold on purse strings. It was only when a new more generous owner came in that they went up, by which time Wilder had been hounded out by their fans.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 14:08:23 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: