Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360005 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1620 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:53:59 »

We haven't played 'good football' for over 2 seasons so there's nothing to ditch. As the man says, it's all about winning football.
No, but you know what he meant. There's a danger of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1621 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:54:55 »

The close season must be difficult for you WB, without all those lovely away days, and pre match visits to Wetherspoon'svery fortnight or so.

Fixtures are out soon....

Hopefully a Flitcroft pre season won't be along similar lines.
It would make sense for the squad, once assembled, to go away for some team bonding somewhere. Wasn't Cooper the last one to make use of an army camp for a week or so?

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
shaker90

Ignore
« Reply #1622 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:13:31 »

Bury have very much been a league 2 club for the last 20 years and he got them promoted. I'm sure we will be swapping places again soon based on their attendances and unsustainable salaries.

You do realise that Flitcroft was the person to offer those terms as he had full control over his budget.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1623 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:19:12 »

You do realise that Flitcroft was the person to offer those terms as he had full control over his budget.
and I think you've got to realise that warts and all, we'll take it. Compared to what we've had the last 2 seasons, it actually sounds good.
On a different point, I'd take a Swindon team kicking their way out of this division. In fact, I'd welcome it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1624 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:21:53 »

Why has he not signed any players yet?! FFS. Useless shit.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1625 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:23:10 »

Interesting to hear he wanted full and frank assurances regarding things before he took the job
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1626 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 08:29:57 »

Yea but he didn't decide on that budget, he was only spending what he had been given
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1627 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:27:33 »

I very much doubt Flitcroft sat down with the player and negioated the financial terms. If he did then a limit should be enforced before you have to start shaking buckets around the grounds.

and I think you've got to realise that warts and all, we'll take it. Compared to what we've had the last 2 seasons, it actually sounds good.

Each to their own but I wouldn't want to be signing players like Jermaine Penant and spend ridiculously above our means. Those warts you refer to could end up being administration? I really like the principle of the power model but it has to be flexible. I like the idea of investing in youth and trying to find the next star. Obviously we need the balance of experience which along with management structure what we were lacking.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1628 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:33:50 »

There is no way that Power is going to let him have carte blanche on the financial aspects of recruiting, I think he has shown that this just will not happen.  I fully expect Flitcroft to highlight the players that he wants and begin the negotiations, but Power will have final say on whether the financial make up of the offer fits in with the clubs financial model and budget. 

As much as you can throw at Power recently, one thing he isn't is a mug financially.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1629 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:40:49 »

I very much doubt Flitcroft sat down with the player and negioated the financial terms. If he did then a limit should be enforced before you have to start shaking buckets around the grounds.

Each to their own but I wouldn't want to be signing players like Jermaine Penant and spend ridiculously above our means. Those warts you refer to could end up being administration? I really like the principle of the power model but it has to be flexible. I like the idea of investing in youth and trying to find the next star. Obviously we need the balance of experience which along with management structure what we were lacking.

The problem with the model was unearthing a young player for sale was the be all and end all to the detriment of what happened week in week out on the pitch. It appears Power realises it cannot continue or we'd end up out of the league.

Actually looking forward to 'stuff' happening now.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1630 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:42:54 »

The problem with the model was unearthing a young player for sale was the be all and end all to the detriment of what happened week in week out on the pitch. It appears Power realises it cannot continue or we'd end up out of the league.

Actually looking forward to 'stuff' happening now.

Indeed, that's why I said agree with the principle but needs to be flexible.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1631 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:44:25 »

Interesting to hear he wanted full and frank assurances regarding things before he took the job

Yeah fair play to the bloke. Already showing he won't be a soft touch.

Also, with regards to Bury's financial situation I can't really believe Flitcroft did the financial side of things, how many managers actually do?
Barry Scott

« Reply #1632 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 09:48:49 »

Indeed. shaker90 seems to know quite a lot about how his club is run, likely speculative one suspects. Any Bury fan could come on here, happy clapper or member of their own special Facebook group.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #1633 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:13:24 »

Bury's Chang?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1634 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 10:39:54 »

If it was Bury's Chang he would have been on here weeks ago surely?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: