Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361039 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1605 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 19:18:02 »

Neutral on this appointment.
Will wait to see what the recruitment is like.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1606 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 19:38:21 »

Neutral on this appointment.
Will wait to see what the recruitment is like.

The close season must be difficult for you WB, without all those lovely away days, and pre match visits to Wetherspoon's every fortnight or so.

Fixtures are out soon....
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #1607 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 19:47:36 »

Not sure what to make of this. Came as a bit of a surprise to me.

If he can make us fitter, stronger and play a more aggressive game then that's what we will need in this division.

Good luck to the bloke and let's hope it works and we can get promotion. COYR
Flashheart

« Reply #1608 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 19:51:30 »

One thing that I gleaned from that interview was that he's been speaking to Power for 2 weeks. Of all the names that have bandied about, his was not one of them. Power does know how to keep his cards close to his chest. Rightly so, I think.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1609 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:00:26 »

Hmm, by all accounts this was dead in the water at the back end of last week and Sherwood remained very much on the scene, hence the offer to his old pal Teddy.

I can only conclude that Sherwood's involvement has ceased completely, with this the key term Flitcroft refers to in his interview with Hodgetts. Why such a u turn? I really don't know, and find it unlikely that this will come to light.

I can only echo the majority of previous comments; this is a refreshing appointment and some lower league experience is much welcome; do you think he has what it takes to ensure we 'retain FL status', Reg?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #1610 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:03:15 »

Speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised if Power tries to sell up soon.

He's effectively abandoned his 'model' by giving the job to Flitcroft who's already said the major sticking point for him was being able to bring in his own players.

I doubt that means signing a load of kids that hopefully turn out good and make Power a profit. His focus will be on building a winning team probably including players he's worked with previously.

If that's the case why would Lee stick around when he's openly said a number of times he's here to make money?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1611 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:11:27 »

Hmm, by all accounts this was dead in the water at the back end of last week and Sherwood remained very much on the scene, hence the offer to his old pal Teddy.

I can only conclude that Sherwood's involvement has ceased completely, with this the key term Flitcroft refers to in his interview with Hodgetts. Why such a u turn? I really don't know, and find it unlikely that this will come to light.

I can only echo the majority of previous comments; this is a refreshing appointment and some lower league experience is much welcome; do you think he has what it takes to ensure we 'retain FL status', Reg?

Well he's the sort of thing we need so that's a positive step. Now everything hinges on recruitment.  Brian Talbot was an experienced campaigner with a decent lower league manager CV, but it didn't stop him taking Oxford to the Conference, even the legendary Bald Eagle couldn't save them, like Hart to Talbot's Wilson.
Flashheart

« Reply #1612 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:12:54 »

Oh, do fuck off.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1613 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:27:47 »

No one can tell but I'm definitely not disappointed. Not sure about the shaker fan essay, that's an awful lot of predictions and probabilities when no two jobs are the same.

Bury have very much been a league 2 club for the last 20 years and he got them promoted. I'm sure we will be swapping places again soon based on their attendances and unsustainable salaries.

The main thing is we have a manager in place, plenty of time left to recruit and we aren't tied down to shit players on long contracts which can often happen for relegated clubs, we can go and build a new team to get us back up at the first opportunity.

Flashheart

« Reply #1614 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 20:44:56 »

Speculation on my part but wouldn't be surprised if Power tries to sell up soon.

He's effectively abandoned his 'model' by giving the job to Flitcroft who's already said the major sticking point for him was being able to bring in his own players.

I doubt that means signing a load of kids that hopefully turn out good and make Power a profit. His focus will be on building a winning team probably including players he's worked with previously.

If that's the case why would Lee stick around when he's openly said a number of times he's here to make money?

There's nowt wrong with signing kids. The problem was that we were signing ONLY kids.

I can easily see the manager being given control over transfers with a caveat that x amount need to be youngsters. I can also easily see the manager having no problem with this provided they still get to shape the squad to their liking. There's still room for Power's model to some degree. It might even prove more lucrative for him to mix it up a bit.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1615 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 21:02:16 »

Iv seen people put that a league 2 type team needs to be put together, big and strong and physical. Is this just a stereotypical view of the lower league. Did Pompey etc play that way to get out? If the players are good enough I refuse to believe the only option is to ditch playing good football
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1616 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 21:20:48 »

I can't wait for the hysteria when our first signing is under the age of 25, and everyone assumes Power is still in control of transfers.  Smiley
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1617 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 21:45:47 »

Do Leicester have an academy, is that going to be this year's big link?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1618 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 02:23:09 »

Iv seen people put that a league 2 type team needs to be put together, big and strong and physical. Is this just a stereotypical view of the lower league. Did Pompey etc play that way to get out? If the players are good enough I refuse to believe the only option is to ditch playing good football
We haven't played 'good football' for over 2 seasons so there's nothing to ditch. As the man says, it's all about winning football.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1619 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2017, 07:25:44 »

it's a fair question

Last season for me it was too easy for the opposition to get the ball. Partly that was due to style, partly personal.

My opinion is we do need a more physical presence as we are unlikely to get the caddis/Ritchie for quality to pass our way out the league.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: