Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360032 times)
shaker90

Ignore
« Reply #1575 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:13:21 »

Hello guys I'm a Bury fan just coming to give my opinion on Flitcroft (DF) and his football management.

I'll start off with his interviews though, at first they will start off as something different and very professional but the amount of buzz words he uses ('synergy' and 'DNA') being particular favourites of his during his time with us will gradually annoy you but on the other hand his enthusiasm for the job will never change and he will remain upbeat.

You may have a budget but if his time with us is anything to go by he will smash this out of the park very quickly if he gets half a chance, he brought in some fantastic players during his time with us including the likes of James Vaughan, Zeli Ismael and (I know this might not be a popular one here) Leon Clarke, but his training regime is supposedly very tough and full on, and caused us many many injuries over the last few seasons.

DF is a hoarder, he signs so many players and has so many coaching staff in his team I think that they all get very confused with what their role actually is with the club, although he will attempt to bring in the very best available to him.

Under DF we endured two very very long periods without wins just this last season under him we lost 10 consecutive league games which ended in his eventual dismissal as manager, this run meant we were very lucky to stay up in the end, both seasons poor form came around 10 games into the season after starting well.

DF will probably try to bring in someone that knows the club very well to be his assistant as he likes to try and get all supporters on side at the moment of joining, although as it goes I wouldn't be surprised if he brought in Ben Futcher who was assistant with us (you might have to make the dugout roof a bit higher), Futcher was supposedly the bully boy for DF and was made to single people out that DF didn't like.

If you have anyone that is very well liked by fans and is coming to the end of their career in one or two seasons at the club he will get rid of them as he often feels very threatened by people more popular than him.

Signings will solely be done on the basis of if DF has worked with them before I would not be surprised to see you pick up someone like Ben Williams, Anthony Kay, Kelvin Etuhu or Danny Rose, the clubs you will sign players from will be Barnsley, Rochdale (because of his best mate Keith Hill, this relationship was sickening considering we are supposedly rival clubs), and Bury.

DF needs to feel loved if he doesn't he will claim your fans to be deserters as he did during his 10 game losing streak this season.

All in all I wish you the very best of luck...you might need it although you will probably finish top half this season then struggle the season after.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1576 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:20:24 »

Shaker, you obviously don't have too high an opinion of DF, but it should be noted that he's coming into a club that has just witnessed managerial incompetence on a historic level.

If he can get in some players who can do the football basics, like run around a bit, tackle and compete, it'll be like a breath of fresh air.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:23:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1577 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:22:31 »

Thanks for the info Shaker. Never easy to tell how a manager will do but after the last shambles he'll probably be welcomed as a hero... until he loses one game.
Flashheart

« Reply #1578 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:23:48 »

Confirmed.

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/breaking-david-flitcroft-named-new-town-manager/
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1579 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:26:03 »

Good. Now let the rebuilding commence.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1580 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:26:43 »

If you have anyone that is very well liked by fans

He's pretty safe on that front
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1581 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:36:52 »

Shaker, you obviously don't have too high an opinion of DF, but it should be noted that he's coming into a club that has just witnessed managerial incompetence on a historic level.

If he can get in some players who can do the football basics, like run around a bit, tackle and compete, it'll be like a breath of fresh air.

Pass, tackle, defend, press and actually compete.

Stay in the league.

My expectation after the dogshit we have had to endure.

Let's see what players he gets in and good luck to him.

Clems Army!
shaker90

Ignore
« Reply #1582 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:43:00 »

I don't know what gives you that impression  Embarrassed

I think he will be glad he wont be facing Bury next season though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1583 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:49:29 »

From Shaker's post, I doubt if Power will allow player accumulation or let him smash the budget (which, I noticed, has gone from 'the highest in the league' to 'competitive').

As for injuries, well we've had 2 seasons of that already. He may find it more difficult to recruit journeymen northern players down to SN1. I, personally, don't give a shit if he is a bit of a bully - we've seen the mollycoddling of LW didn't work.

Good job BOO's gone, I reckon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1584 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:50:04 »

thanks shaker90

So a cross between Wilson, PDC and McMahon then. if we get the good bits of those the first season it'll be great, I don't want to think about the perfect storm of the other side of that coin!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #1585 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:54:13 »

From Shaker's post, I doubt if Power will allow player accumulation or let him smash the budget (which, I noticed, has gone from 'the highest in the league' to 'competitive').

As for injuries, well we've had 2 seasons of that already. He may find it more difficult to recruit journeymen northern players down to SN1. I, personally, don't give a shit if he is a bit of a bully - we've seen the mollycoddling of LW didn't work.

Good job BOO's gone, I reckon.
In Powers defence, broadcasting on the official site that we have the highest budget in the league wouldn't help any transfer dealings at all.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #1586 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:56:23 »

"DF will probably try to bring in someone that knows the club very well to be his assistant as he likes to try and get all supporters on side at the moment of joining," Alan Mac only possible one who fits bill? Can't really see it as sure Alan Mac happier with the kids.

"If you have anyone that is very well liked by fans and is coming to the end of their career in one or two seasons at the club he will get rid of them as he often feels very threatened by people more popular than him."
99% certain he was off anyway but definitely Bye Bye Nathan. No one else even vaguely fits the bill.

Would hope appointment is good news for Tom Smith as surely he is just the sort of player he likes.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
shaker90

Ignore
« Reply #1587 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 14:58:02 »

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1588 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 15:00:51 »

On a different tack, strange that all the players out of contract have been linked with moves away apart from Obika.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1589 on: Monday, June 5, 2017, 15:03:54 »

On a different tack, strange that all the players out of contract have been linked with moves away apart from Obika.

They've all told the club they are leaving apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: