Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361071 times)
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1470 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 20:35:31 »

You know what I'm going to post, I know what I'm going to post: stop quoting win percentages. They are a stupid, almost useless statistic. Draws tell you a lot about a team, and a manager. Win percentage ignores them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1471 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 20:48:11 »

Bentley has won 371 from 930 points or 1.2 points per game

Cooper was 1.4 but only a 3rd of the games

PDC was 1.58 from 95 games
PPGs are a load of bollocks as well, as it ignores context.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1472 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:27:49 »

what, 7, but all the players and agents are on holiday? shenanigans.

[sippo] why the rush? Season is ages away yet. Stop panicking, what is there to panic about? [/sippo]
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1473 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:32:25 »

I'm with Reg. I think we are in danger of losing our league status. I'm not sure what makes us confident. In the last 3 seasons we've lost virtually every game to teams lower than us. A decent manager and good player recruitment could put this to bed quickly. If it is Sheringham then I'd boe very worried. If that cunt Sherwood is still around I'd be very worried. I still can't get over the way we went down last season and the way Power let us when it was so preventable. I've heard Power's words but I've not seen anything tangible that would back these words up.

Going out the league is a spectre I don't want to face and is hovering close by.

Power talks the talk but no action.

This drawn out process of getting in a manager is a classic example.

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1474 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:43:27 »

[sippo] why the rush? Season is ages away yet. Stop panicking, what is there to panic about? [/sippo]
Can we have an official panic deadline so we know when it is actually time to stat panicking? I don't want to go off half-cocked early doors then find myself all panicked out when it really is time
woolster

« Reply #1475 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:49:17 »

Can we have an official panic deadline so we know when it is actually time to stat panicking? I don't want to go off half-cocked early doors then find myself all panicked out when it really is time
I'm going with  Friday the 9th of June , after that its a full on panic fest
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1476 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:54:45 »

You'll have to ask Sippo.

I think it would be exaggerated to say, I personally am panicking now - but, we as a club are on a downward slide and I am worried how much further we can / will slide even more so with the complete and utter lack of effort to halt said slide.

The last two times we slide into the bottom division (granted all three season has completely different off field situations) we took action right away to stop thst slide.

We did what we needed to do to stop the slide and start an upward trajectory again.

This time, thus far we have done fuck all. We're at least a week behind already.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1477 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 21:55:23 »

I mean the players must be due back next week for preseason?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1478 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 22:09:12 »

Pre-season is usually around the final week of June, isn't it?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #1479 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 22:12:37 »

I like that it's just assumed because we haven't got a manager yet it automatically means Power's doing fuck all about it. The way some people talk you'd think he was lying on a beach somewhere, occasionally checking his Facebook to see if anyone's responded and then pouring himself another martini made of blended £50 notes and broken dreams.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1480 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 22:25:31 »

Don't forget the bitter tears of loyal fans
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1481 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 02:15:56 »

I like that it's just assumed because we haven't got a manager yet it automatically means Power's doing fuck all about it. The way some people talk you'd think he was lying on a beach somewhere, occasionally checking his Facebook to see if anyone's responded and then pouring himself another martini made of blended £50 notes and broken dreams.

That would be valid if Power hadn't fucked up nearly every transfer window, leaving it too late every time and then recruiting badly. The last 2 and a half seasons he has overseen a rapid decline on the pitch, spouted weasel words about getting it right next time and then repeating his mistakes.

Chuck in the training ground inaction, the Tactics Tim fiasco and relegation without a whimper and it is easy to see why it appears he really hasn't much of a clue about running a football club successfully.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #1482 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 06:35:58 »

Someone posted on that FB group last night that there was a new local co-owner, before quickly deleting their post. I have heard of something similar do the rounds, not quite a co-owner as such, but a local party offering a decent amount of investment. Will be interesting if there is in fact any credence in the rumour.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1483 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 07:55:43 »

Someone posted on that FB group last night that there was a new local co-owner, before quickly deleting their post. I have heard of something similar do the rounds, not quite a co-owner as such, but a local party offering a decent amount of investment. Will be interesting if there is in fact any credence in the rumour.
There was something on here a week or so ago suggesting that the budget would be higher this year as there was some outside investment. No idea how true it is.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1484 on: Sunday, June 4, 2017, 09:13:20 »

the thlot Pickens.

can't see Power sharing (see what I did there), perhaps he or the money behind him wants out.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: