Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359978 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1440 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 14:49:16 »

My biggest gripe here is Sherwood being involved in the manager search. He was absolute teflon with regards to his involvement in interviews so should have no further involvement in the club.

Agreed
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1441 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:07:39 »

Bentley would be OK.  Perhaps get Royce Brownlie back as assistant
china red

« Reply #1442 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:14:49 »

Plenty of managers have experience of getting teams out of league two, there are managers in there who have experience and could do a good job at town, Nathan jones and Gareth ainsworth to name a couple.  Whilst Bentley could prove a good manager with bigger budget he is still a massive risk, highest league position is 11th in what six years in league two. Not good enough
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1443 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:20:04 »

Plenty of managers have experience of getting teams out of league two, there are managers in there who have experience and could do a good job at town, Nathan jones and Gareth ainsworth to name a couple.  Whilst Bentley could prove a good manager with bigger budget he is still a massive risk, highest league position is 11th in what six years in league two. Not good enough

But he's kept Morecambe in the league in that time... quite an achievement.

Whoever comes in is going to need an instant knowledge of how to put together a Div 4 squad on the cheap, in a few weeks.

Bentley fits that requirement.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1444 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:20:20 »

Dont you mean Shaun Hodgetts
and him ☺️
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1445 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:27:29 »

But he's kept Morecambe in the league in that time... quite an achievement.

Whoever comes in is going to need an instant knowledge of how to put together a Div 4 squad on the cheap, in a few weeks.

Bentley fits that requirement.

What a mess...it's getting boring now.

I'm in Greece on hols...fucking messages about Sherringham a morning.

Looked upon as a poison chalice methinks.

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1446 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 15:48:08 »

What a mess...it's getting boring now.

I'm in Greece on hols...fucking messages about Sherringham a morning.

Looked upon as a poison chalice methinks.

The downside of modern communications... back in 70's/80's I could quite happily swan off to Greece for a few weeks island hopping, completely oblivious to anything happening at STFC. 

It's really what the close season is for, a chance for fans to recharge batteries... sadly not presently an option for Town fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1447 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 16:04:33 »

My biggest gripe here is Sherwood being involved in the manager search. He was absolute teflon with regards to his involvement in interviews so should have no further involvement in the club.

Tim Sherwood will be our next manager.

He'll be put in interim charge whilst we still look. Come October when his 2 years post Villa are up, he will be officially appointed.
woolster

« Reply #1448 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 16:19:58 »

Tim Sherwood will be our next manager.

He'll be put in interim charge whilst we still look. Come October when his 2 years post Villa are up, he will be officially appointed.
Suicide
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1449 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 17:43:32 »

Morecambe have been royally fucked all season through no fault of the manager, not sure it's clear even more who actually owns the club.

Bentley is popular with majority of fans as shown by them clubbing together and paying his FA fine earlier in the season.

30+% win rate after over 300 games in charge ain't to shoddy.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1450 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 18:25:51 »

Morecambe have been royally fucked all season through no fault of the manager, not sure it's clear even more who actually owns the club.

Bentley is popular with majority of fans as shown by them clubbing together and paying his FA fine earlier in the season.

30+% win rate after over 300 games in charge ain't to shoddy.

A 31.3% win rate wouldn't get us out of L2 but should be enough to keep us in the division.

All depends on expectations as supporters I guess.

Used to have a succession of managers / bosses at work who set low standards that they consistently failed to meet.

Hope Lee Power isn't going to fall into that category between now and August.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1451 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 18:35:39 »

But who's to say a 31% win rate at Morecambe isn't actually bloody good given their situation.

Looks like Coventry are going for it - signing our old boy James Collins. Their 7th signing.
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #1452 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 18:38:14 »

A 31.3% win rate wouldn't get us out of L2 but should be enough to keep us in the division.

Used to have a succession of managers / bosses at work who set low standards that they consistently failed to meet.

Don't you think that maybe the expectation would be that he'd do better with more resources? Do you think Power and his Pals are looking for somebody that will win 31% of games for us?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1453 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 18:44:38 »

Bentley got Morecambe up and kept them up with next to no budget.

Much has been made that we need a solid manager who knows the division, we look at such a manager and there is uproar...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1454 on: Saturday, June 3, 2017, 18:46:06 »

This is the Reg-giest post I've ever seen from someone who isn't actually Reg

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: