Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360072 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:13:37 »

Yeah, and that there'll be outside investment.
That'll be my 2 STs
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1366 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:15:27 »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/01/teddy-sheringham-sacked-stevenage

Sort of what was suggested when he was sacked.

I'm pretty underwhelmed, however our lack of attacking threat and style of play will hopefully be changed by this appointment. I'm fucking sick of the sideways and backwards passing with 2 shots in a game bollocks

Looking at that they must have had a half decent start to the season to have been sacked after such a losing streak and still be 9 points above relegation.
Flashheart

« Reply #1367 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:25:01 »

Good to see so many on that FB page really getting behind him. I've no doubt he'll be given every chance by our fans.

Fucking hell. I can understand why people would be underwhelmed but you'd think we'd just re-appointed Maplas with Hart as assistant.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:28:20 »

My opinion is it could of been a lot worse. We need to get behind him now.

Oh Teddy Teddy
Flashheart

« Reply #1369 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:30:19 »

What kind of character is he anyway? I hope he's got some oompf about him at least.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:33:36 »

Now being reported on Sky Sports News

'more to come once confirmed'
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:34:20 »

My opinion is it could of been a lot worse.

Exactly e.g. Drummy

Least he has some experience, played the game at the highest level for the best clubs in the country (and world) so knows his shit, he has a lot of people to convince but the first step towards that will be the player recruitment, what is done in the next 6 weeks will give an indicator on the type of style we will play and where we could realistically be finishing.

What makes me laugh is the same people slating his appointment were creaming over the thought of getting John Terry as manager, and even when we got PDC in, he did 30 odd games at Stevenage and didn't work for him, his reputation can only improve and I really hope he doeasn't do a Hoddle and bolt as soon as a bigger team come calling
Chrystovski

« Reply #1372 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:34:46 »

Willing to give him a go. We all complained Williams lack of playing experience was evident last year and that's one thing Teddy had loads of..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:35:06 »

Good to see so many on that FB page really getting behind him. I've no doubt he'll be given every chance by our fans.

Fucking hell. I can understand why people would be underwhelmed but you'd think we'd just re-appointed Maplas with Hart as assistant.

I have reservations (most seem to have the same) but plenty of managers have had shit tenures followed by good ones at new employers.

From the moment that the scarf is over his head, he has my complete support.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:39:37 »

Willing to give him a go. We all complained Williams lack of playing experience was evident last year and that's one thing Teddy had loads of..

Plus he knows a lot of people in the game so can call on them for favours with players and advice.......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:41:13 »

I have reservations (most seem to have the same) but plenty of managers have had shit tenures followed by good ones at new employers.

Yes. It being STFC, we need to wait for the scarf, but I think this could be a decent appointment.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:42:21 »

Plus he knows a lot of people in the game so can call on them for favours with players and advice.......

Don't see us signing Devante Cole....
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:42:33 »

his reputation can only improve

That's rather an assumption...

Entirely this, good luck to the fella, with maany of our fans he will definitely need it, even at 51 he is probably fitter than most of the squad last year so could get a game.

On a more practical level does anyone know what sort of style he played at Stevenage, as a player he was more 'continental' in style that the majority of his peers, how will he get on winning over the 'get it forward' brigade?  
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:45:03 »

BBC Reporting it on homepage and suggesting that TT's DoF role is being scrapped....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40134723
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: Friday, June 2, 2017, 16:48:09 »

That's rather an assumption...

Entirely this, good luck to the fella, with maany of our fans he will definitely need it, even at 51 he is probably fitter than most of the squad last year so could get a game.

On a more practical level does anyone know what sort of style he played at Stevenage, as a player he was more 'continental' in style that the majority of his peers, how will he get on winning over the 'get it forward' brigade?  

Teddy came in to replace Westley a notorious anti-football merchant, maybe where it went wrong, if he tried to get them playing.  SAF's first rule of management....don't ask players to do what they're not capable of.

He will pretty much have tabula rasa with us, as we've so few players.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: