Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359965 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #1275 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:19:50 »

The doom and gloomers I slate. I can't stand fans that assume the worst case scenario

Yet you have come on here spreading unfounded rumours of doom and gloom!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1276 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:21:23 »

The doom and gloomers I slate. I can't stand fans that assume the worst case scenario

Eek
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #1277 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:21:39 »

All I'm saying it's coming from someone who is in contact with people with in the club. They have come up trumps before. I hope it's bullshit. I hope it's bullshit, doesn't make sense to me either. I'm just telling you what I've heard. It's not 1st hand. In a weeks time I'd love you all to take the piss when we appoint JFH. Fingers crossed that's the case
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #1278 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:23:43 »

Yet you have come on here spreading unfounded rumours of doom and gloom!
On this occasion. I also won't abuse people for being positive (like doom and gloomers) 
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #1279 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:28:54 »

No manager
No players
No pre-season
No plan
No hope

Other than that it's all good.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #1280 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 18:37:43 »

Visions of power in the board room "I'm going to appoint a yes man and nothing is changing", person outside with cup pressed to door, Fuck best tell my mate on Facebook the breaking news.

Of all the ITK bullshit that people post this has to be the weakest of them all. At least lie and give us a manager name!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1281 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 19:15:12 »

I've been thinking about Powers options and trying to put myself in his position. Let's face it no-one on here really knows who it's going to be do they?

So, did he decide to ditch W&E after we were relegated with the mindset that if he managed the great escape they'd be here in August? Or had he decided some time before the trapdoor opened that they were going? It's a significant question because if it's after we were relegated then his hunt for a successor would surely have to wait a bit until the playoffs were concluded and the end of season managerial merry go round started freeing up potential victims, sorry applicants. If it's before we were relegated is surely would have given him time to sound out potential victims via their skuzzy agents with loaded hypothetical questions nudge, nudge, thus giving him a clearer indication of who might slot in and have them in place ready for the player contracts release dates.

I'm no nearer an answer but some of you ITK wallahs may have?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1282 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 19:57:16 »

I've been thinking about Powers options and trying to put myself in his position. Let's face it no-one on here really knows who it's going to be do they?

So, did he decide to ditch W&E after we were relegated with the mindset that if he managed the great escape they'd be here in August? Or had he decided some time before the trapdoor opened that they were going? It's a significant question because if it's after we were relegated then his hunt for a successor would surely have to wait a bit until the playoffs were concluded and the end of season managerial merry go round started freeing up potential victims, sorry applicants. If it's before we were relegated is surely would have given him time to sound out potential victims via their skuzzy agents with loaded hypothetical questions nudge, nudge, thus giving him a clearer indication of who might slot in and have them in place ready for the player contracts release dates.

I'm no nearer an answer but some of you ITK wallahs may have?

I don't think there's much mystery to Power... he's been at the club long enough now for us to know how he operates. He likes to do things on the cheap. As things stand there won't be much money coming in from season tickets, nobody seems to want Vigs, and pay outs from the FL will drop for being in Div 4.

Therefore as with previous seasons, everything will be last minute, to try and save a few bob. 

This could be compared with say 06 after the Iffy relegation.  By this time Dennis Wise/Gus Poyet had come in were engaged on an audit of the club..and looking to  recruit new players.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1283 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 20:01:15 »

Also, on our last trip to the basement by 1st June, Di Canio had already been here 12 days.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1284 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 20:21:38 »

and before that Wise was in on 22nd May 2006.
-----
Think you are being a bit harsh flaming townender for bullshit.

he should be being flamed for providing absolutely no rumours whatsoever.
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #1285 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 20:50:14 »

and before that Wise was in on 22nd May 2006.
-----
Think you are being a bit harsh flaming townender for bullshit.

he should be being flamed for providing absolutely no rumours whatsoever.

Thank you. This is a forum for discussions after all. I'm not in the habit of sturring up shit. I'm not privy to boardroom talk nor do I pretend to know everything that goes on. Someone who I trust told me some worrying news and I thought I'd put it up for discussion on a forum, and got toally canned for it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1286 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 20:51:41 »

I say we chuck you in the lake and see if you sink......
Flashheart

« Reply #1287 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 20:53:59 »

What weighs the same as a duck?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #1288 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 21:22:54 »

I could see part of an argument that Power has lost some interest or more that Waterford is a bit more fun. He has less of a financial commitment there, the fans are more grateful he rescued the club and there is less scrutiny with a bit of the craic thrown in when he visits.

His other commitments might also explain why he wants to appoint an experienced manager who he can leave to get on with it. Clearly he took his eye off the ball the last season and Tim did him no favours.

What was interesting was in his BBC Wilts interview recently he talked about investing in players like Luongo and Byrne to then sell on at a profit to bring down the debt.

Other than Vigs, he hasn't 'speculated to accumulate' on transfer fees for 2 years. We don't know why the change in direction from Power, is it the training ground plans, Waterford, fingers in too many pies or just he got too clever and sailed too close to the wind with the squad depth and Williams in charge. Be a good question to ask if he would answer any questions!

Sent from my HTC One M9
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #1289 on: Thursday, June 1, 2017, 21:40:24 »

Thank you. This is a forum for discussions after all. I'm not in the habit of sturring up shit. I'm not privy to boardroom talk nor do I pretend to know everything that goes on. Someone who I trust told me some worrying news and I thought I'd put it up for discussion on a forum, and got toally canned for it.
Except you haven't actually said what the worrying news is have you?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: