Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359977 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1125 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:07:00 »

Gary Bowyer is on a one year rolling contract which runs out tomorrow,perhaps an announcement on Wednesday if Bilko is correct

How does a one year rolling contract run out?
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought the whole point was it doesn't expire?
Flashheart

« Reply #1126 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:09:31 »

That's what I thought as well. I thought that at any one point there would be 1 year remaining until cancelled. I could be wrong though, of course.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1127 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:17:56 »

How does a one year rolling contract run out?
Excuse my ignorance, but I thought the whole point was it doesn't expire?

It doesn't but there will be a period defined which the parties can cancel the contract, in theory it does run out as it would end on July 31st but then renew on the 1st August but there would have to be some form of notice given to stop the renewal.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1128 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:18:32 »

That's what I thought as well. I thought that at any one point there would be 1 year remaining until cancelled. I could be wrong though, of course.

I would assume that its just a mechanism to keep managers tied up whilst limiting the compensation one has to pay to them if you sack them to at most 12 months notice? By it ending at the summer break the club can sack the manager or the manager chose to piss off with limited notice required and thus it probably works in a way for both sides?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1129 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:21:08 »

Obviously mates with TT, looking at that. Looks like a done deal, dream team. 
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1130 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:24:47 »

I would assume that its just a mechanism to keep managers tied up whilst limiting the compensation one has to pay to them if you sack them to at most 12 months notice? By it ending at the summer break the club can sack the manager or the manager chose to piss off with limited notice required and thus it probably works in a way for both sides?

Exactly, B'pool have been through a lot of managers recently so a rolling contract works for them as they can sack them without a pay off and get another in quickly.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1131 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 11:46:18 »

My understanding of rolling contracts is each party can give notice that they wish to end the contract on the anniversary date. In this case ,if Bowyer wanted to join another club,that club would pay compensation i.e. One years wages. If Blackpool want to sack him, then they pay him a years wages.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #1132 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:03:42 »

Latest I heard is Bowyer staying at Blackpool and it's now likely to be Sherringham with Paul Jewell as Director of Foitball if what I'm told is right quite honestly I'd rather have Bowyer as Sherringham win rate with Stevenage was the same as Luke Williams. Also heard there could be some massive invest in the club from outside and by all accounts we could have a large budget for next season. Ok it all has  to happen it's not bullshit that's what I've been told.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1133 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:04:31 »

Surely, on a rolling contract that's the same at any point in the contract. Either party can give notice and a years salary / compensation would have to be forthwith
Flashheart

« Reply #1134 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:08:24 »

Latest I heard is Bowyer staying at Blackpool and it's now likely to be Sherringham with Paul Jewell as Director of Foitball if what I'm told is right quite honestly I'd rather have Bowyer as Sherringham win rate with Stevenage was the same as Luke Williams. Also heard there could be some massive invest in the club from outside and by all accounts we could have a large budget for next season. Ok it all has  to happen it's not bullshit that's what I've been told.

Chang MKII ?
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #1135 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:09:27 »

Doh
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1136 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:19:10 »

Chang MKII ?

Seems that way. Easy to link names after they have appeared in the bookies list. If it was the other way around then it would hold slightly more merit.

Same regarding the investment. Only after Power announced we would have the largest (or one of the) in the division does this come out. Its 2+2=5 on the basis to have one of the largest budgets we would need to spend considerably more than we have in the last 2 seasons and the only way that could happen if you believe it, is with external investment.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #1137 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:19:31 »

Chang MKII ?

Hard to know who is more full of shit.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #1138 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:20:52 »

Chang MKII ?
Yeah I reckon!  Also sources close to Sheringham have said there has been no approach according to the Adver
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1139 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 12:28:05 »

Yeah I reckon!  Also sources close to Sheringham have said there has been no approach according to the Adver

But Reg says above that its a done deal?
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: