Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360068 times)
china red

« Reply #1110 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:59:58 »

Part of me thinks that we haven't recruited a new manager yet as they are probably on their two week summer holiday on the Costa del Sol.  The other part remembers the crap we have been through in the past 5 years and realises that it's probably going to be a Hockaday/Sheringham dream team......
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 16:07:55 »

Part of me thinks that we haven't recruited a new manager yet as they are probably on their two week summer holiday on the Costa del Sol.  The other part remembers the crap we have been through in the past 5 years and realises that it's probably going to be a Hockaday/Sheringham dream team......

After the Exeter/Blackpool game, Tisdale said he'd go off on a 2 week holiday then come back and start to prepare for 17/18.

Now I've no idea how many players they have contracted for next season, but I guess Perryman does a lot of the recruitment.

It does show however, that as Bogus Dave pointed out, being in the PO's is considered a bit of a hindrance to prep for the next campaign... but it also shows Power has probably realistically got a 2 week window
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:46:30 »

Do you think that if Evans had been offered a sizeable salary and budget, in excess of his Mansfield money, he'd have stayed there  Hmmm
unless they improved his contract to keep him.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:47:46 »

Just looking through the 3. Liga and Regionaliga sides for our next manager. I wonder if Andreas Hinkel at VfB Stuttgart II fancies the Swindon Town job?

This is the future so climb aboard the bandwagon, folks.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:49:00 »

Unless Power is waiting to speak to Tisdale now exeter have been knocked out - he is on notice as Exeter want to terminate his contract but it does not expire until November, so there is small compensation to pay
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1115 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:51:11 »

Now I've no idea how many players they have contracted for next season, but I guess Perryman does a lot of the recruitment.
Apparently they have a fair few out of contract but have offered new contracts to almost all of them, they also expect to lose at least 2 players for a fee to higher division clubs, I know Watkins and Olejnik are two of the names mentioned.

Perryman and the board are totally in charge of recruitment, Tisdale is in charge of tactics and motivation but not new signings.

Tisdale goes to Perryman and says he wants a new defender or striker etc and the board tell Perryman how much he can afford to pay and he scouts the player and handles the signing himself.

Rumours from Exeter that Pompeys new owners are after Tisdale.

Paul Cook is due to sign for Wigan so Pompey will be managerless.
« Last Edit: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:55:13 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 17:55:17 »

Unless Power is waiting to speak to Tisdale now exeter have been knocked out - he is on notice as Exeter want to terminate his contract but it does not expire until November, so there is small compensation to pay

They served Tisdale his notice when they were in the bottom two, that bit of news has gone pretty quiet.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 18:08:48 »

They served Tisdale his notice when they were in the bottom two, that bit of news has gone pretty quiet.

Backfired a little bit on them with him leading them to the PO final
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 07:14:33 »

I told you lot last week manager wont be revealed until after Sunday (do you all know what is on Sunday) and he has the same surname as a well known Pork Pie and Sausages.
Another massive hint he only came into the bookies betting last Friday and is odds are now really short.

If you cant guess who that is then you must have gone to a different school to me.

And for those who think I know jack shit as some have stated on the advertiser site then wait and see.

He's done well at his current club after they were sinking down the table.
Well after Sunday now Bilko, is today the day?
kaufman

« Reply #1119 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 07:44:49 »

Well after Sunday now Bilko, is today the day?

You're going to love his reply.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1120 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 07:51:05 »

Gary Bowyer is on a one year rolling contract which runs out tomorrow,perhaps an announcement on Wednesday if Bilko is correct
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:43:28 »

ready, Teddy, no

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/15316869.No_contact_with_Sheringham_over_Town_post/?ref=twtrec
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:51:27 »

I'm beginning to think that bookmakers aren't reliable sources...........
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #1123 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:52:43 »

They aren't mate. It's changed so much the way it works in these markets now
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: Tuesday, May 30, 2017, 10:57:56 »

I'm beginning to think that bookmakers aren't reliable sources...........

I think its become clear that they know as little as the fans in this market, as for the changes in odds I suspect that merely down to a few rumors, a few bets being placed and thus the price comes down accordingly, on such a niche market I would imagine a couple of bets could influence prices - its not like many are going to be betting!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: