Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360046 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 12:49:39 »

I have heard that Teddy Sheringham likes a far crack....or was that Graeme Le Saux? Cheesy

Elsewhere, it's 20 years since Channel 5 had the rights to England games and 20 years since the hyperbole of Jonathan Pearce's 'Robot Wars' era commentary.

"Ready! Steady! Teddy!" (3mins 20secs)

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1096 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 13:07:05 »

God, we need someone who knows what they are doing. I'm not saying I'd not give the guy a far crack, but...

Maybe Teddy will have learned something from his time at Stevenage. This does have a certain ring to it... but Teddy was on course to take Stevenage back to the Conference when sacked
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 13:32:59 »

"learned something" - that he's shit at managing?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1098 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 13:39:23 »

Quote from Sheringham after his sacking at Stevenage....

Sheringham said he is aware his reputation as a manager is far from high – but hopes another club will give him a chance.

“If I can’t do it at Stevenage in League Two, who else is going to touch me – that was my initial reaction and my apprehension about taking the job in the first place,” he added. “But it is about learning and growing, and I feel better equipped now. If I get a chance now, I don’t have to make those mistakes.”

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:05:30 »

I have no real preference for a manager and won't start rioting because we hire someone with a lack of experience as Cooper had little, Di Canio had none and going back even further with Iffy, Hoddle, Ardilles and Macari.

It's more about the quality of the player than the quality of the manager, the best manager in the world will struggle with poor players and the most unexperienced managers will blossom with the best players.

Get a manager in, get a team together and see where we are in November, that will tell us if the recruitment was done right.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1100 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:08:59 »

Quote from Sheringham after his sacking at Stevenage....

Interesting. It's to his credit that he wants another crack at it.. a lot of the Prem era ex players, just want to sit on their arses or rattle out shit punditry.

I wouldn't be overly despondent, if it was him. Clearly we're not going to get a proper boss, namely someone who is proven and so will cost.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:26:43 »

4/1 now. Someone know something we don't?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1102 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:31:53 »

He makes Williams' 26% win rate seem positively Guardiola-esque.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 14:59:21 »

He makes Williams' 26% win rate seem positively Guardiola-esque.

P 33 W7 D10 L16

otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:12:24 »

Iffy Onoura in the same sentence as Hoddle, Ardiels and Macari

Jesus

Ignore
« Reply #1105 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:17:18 »

Iffy got us relegated, albeit in impossible circumstances.
Beginning to wonder if gillman is a troll/KR...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:19:53 »

I have no real preference for a manager and won't start rioting because we hire someone with a lack of experience as Cooper had little, Di Canio had none and going back even further with Iffy, Hoddle, Ardilles and Macari.

It's more about the quality of the player than the quality of the manager, the best manager in the world will struggle with poor players and the most unexperienced managers will blossom with the best players.

Get a manager in, get a team together and see where we are in November, that will tell us if the recruitment was done right.

Gareth, Cooper had 200+ games under his belt as a boss before STFC, not exactly inexperienced.

Although Power may like to think he can get an experienced boss to the CG, the length of time to replace Luke means he probably can't.

If it is Teddy then I'd imagine that TT will still be lurking as part of recruitment, as we'll need something like 15/16 players in the next 5 or 6 weeks.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1107 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:33:36 »

Gareth, Cooper had 200+ games under his belt as a boss before STFC, not exactly inexperienced.

Although Power may like to think he can get an experienced boss to the CG, the length of time to replace Luke means he probably can't.

If it is Teddy then I'd imagine that TT will still be lurking as part of recruitment, as we'll need something like 15/16 players in the next 5 or 6 weeks.
But if Power was genuine in trying to recruit Evans he would have had to dangle a decent salary alongside a decent budget to get him.

That Salary/budget should be good enough to attract a decent, experienced manager. Sheringham would be another punt.

Unless Power has been blowing smoke up our arses again, of course.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1108 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:53:01 »

But if Power was genuine in trying to recruit Evans he would have had to dangle a decent salary alongside a decent budget to get him.

That Salary/budget should be good enough to attract a decent, experienced manager. Sheringham would be another punt.

Unless Power has been blowing smoke up our arses again, of course.

Do you think that if Evans had been offered a sizeable salary and budget, in excess of his Mansfield money, he'd have stayed there  Hmmm
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #1109 on: Monday, May 29, 2017, 15:53:50 »

If I was asked to come up with 100 possible names for the job sheringham would not have been on it. If he's even been spoken to then the well is fucking dry. Hopefully it's a load of bollocks. Fuck me someone's laughing their tits off here. It's worth the scummers clubbing together and putting £100 on someone just for shit and giggles.  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: