Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360000 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #930 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 12:33:52 »

He was a textbook narcissist. Narcissism is a mental illness which is frequently left untreated because it affects other people worse than the sufferer.

So in your world, if something is in a textbook....it makes it true?

Have you ever read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #931 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:14:10 »

So in your world, if something is in a textbook....it makes it true?

Have you ever read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest?

You share Michael Gove's scorn for experts then?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:21:08 »

Keith Hill has signed a new deal at Rochdale so that's another name we can rule out.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #933 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:31:05 »

power on BBC Wilts now.

down to 3 on short list but wants to talk to one or two others.

non committal on loans, up to new manager as he'll have 100% control. going in different direction next year

expects Sherwood to move on. only in for one widow to help Luke blah blah.

missed this BBC Wilts tweet:

LP: "Next season we'll have the highest budget - if not one of the highest budgets"

won't insist on Waterford friendly Smiley new management team will decide on who we play
This bit worries the shit out of me. Is it the fucking hokey cokey? Why would the new manager want him around and if he's hanging around unwanted, not a good sign. So, if he was in for only one window then thats gone and so should that bottling cunt.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 13:51:57 »

This bit worries the shit out of me. Is it the fucking hokey cokey? Why would the new manager want him around and if he's hanging around unwanted, not a good sign. So, if he was in for only one window then thats gone and so should that bottling cunt.

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltsSport/status/865901065438474241

It also goes on to state that Sherwood would leave once a new manager is in place so is likely helping Power with choosing / interviewing the managers on their shortlist.

I don't see the hate for Sherwood, he was over hyped by Power and his true role was never publicised but he likely did what he was asked, he was never going to be the saviour which some fans expect as he was always hands off, let Luke get on with what he wanted too do but supposedly offered advice. It sounds like he was a mentor to Luke. If anyone is at fault it's Power as he over hyped Sherwood's arrival and never really let the fans know what his role was.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #935 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:00:48 »

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltsSport/status/865901065438474241

It also goes on to state that Sherwood would leave once a new manager is in place so is likely helping Power with choosing / interviewing the managers on their shortlist.

I don't see the hate for Sherwood, he was over hyped by Power and his true role was never publicised but he likely did what he was asked, he was never going to be the saviour which some fans expect as he was always hands off, let Luke get on with what he wanted too do but supposedly offered advice. It sounds like he was a mentor to Luke. If anyone is at fault it's Power as he over hyped Sherwood's arrival and never really let the fans know what his role was.
Sherwood is a cunt pure and simple. Others may disagree but I think he's a bottling bellend. He got close enough to it to take the glory if we got out of it and totally bottled it when it went wrong. He wasn't hands off either. He took a significant number of training sessions where Luke was left with the cones. He also picked the team as late as Charlton away.   
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:01:16 »

Did as asked? soapy tit wank
We got relegated with the shite he signed. He did fuck all in his tenure here. Hope his wife leaves him for another woman

Ignore
« Reply #937 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:13:50 »

hard to argue against him being a cunt really. so I won't
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:19:09 »

I don't see the hate for Sherwood, he was over hyped by Power and his true role was never publicised but he likely did what he was asked,

Fuck off, he was installed as director of football in charge of everything. That as his true role.

He cocked it up and now he and Power are backtracking like fuck in "operation face save"
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #939 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:25:25 »

I don't see the hate for Sherwood
You could be pretty on your own with this comment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #940 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:28:01 »

So when new manager is appointed Sherwood will leave the job that he never really had anyway?

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 14:58:05 »

Sherwood is a cunt pure and simple. Others may disagree but I think he's a bottling bellend. He got close enough to it to take the glory if we got out of it and totally bottled it when it went wrong. He wasn't hands off either. He took a significant number of training sessions where Luke was left with the cones. He also picked the team as late as Charlton away.   

Yep, if we stayed up he would have been up in the press saying it was all down to him, without a doubt
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:04:38 »

Surely he would have had to have gone full kit..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:49:05 »

Mentioned Stephen Pressley a couple weeks ago. Would be an ideal addition. Still would love Chris Powell tbh, but it won't happen.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #944 on: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:51:16 »

Mentioned Stephen Pressley a couple weeks ago. Would be an ideal addition.
Seriously? he wouldn't even be in my top 100 list of possible appointments, he has an awful record in English management.

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 20, 2017, 15:54:30 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: