Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359992 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:47:48 »

This, stop fannying around if you have any inside knowledge.
He claimed Archibald had already been interviewed for the job earlier in the week, which would have been highly unlikely as it was stated yesterday that no approach had been made.
Chrystovski

« Reply #796 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:48:44 »

Based on that I'd go hairy every time although I'd be extremely happy with Alex Neil.
I thought King was crap but not in the worst 5 in my 45 years watching Town.

That mole Neil's got on his face is just annoying.

Reminds me of the Austin Power's sketch.

Anyone but the mole......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #797 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:50:35 »

He claimed Archibald had already been interviewed for the job earlier in the week, which would have been highly unlikely as it was stated yesterday that no approach had been made.
True, he is probably trying to "pull a Chang on us"

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 11:57:00 »

Having read through 52 pages of guesswork/angst/humour/bollocks/misery, all I want is someone who can hit the ground running and hopefully put right all the last few seasons deficiencies in the coming months.

I do not really give a damn who it is, whether he has been mentioned on here, rumoured from some "source" or someone "in the know",but just a manager to get us up and competitive again.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Barry Scott

« Reply #799 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 12:04:37 »

Cotterill.

Get in. Pint
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 12:25:38 »

Get in. Pint

What if he's reverse Chang'd you in a crazy double bluff.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 12:55:15 »

What if he's reverse Chang'd you in a crazy double bluff.
He could try to, but he'd still be wrong, he can't help himself. Chang is like a compass, he always points to "Wrong". It's hardwired into his very essence
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 13:57:33 »

I've just been told that it's Evans.

It's from someone that knows our glorious leader, however they (or LP) could be winding me up

Highly unlikely. He committed himself to Mansfield earlier in the week and has bought about 5 players. Why would he come here to make do with non league players, shit loans and anyone that hasn't. Sen signed by anyone else?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:09:36 »

Ive heard from the special voice in my wardrobe that it was going to be Evans as he was excited to work with talents like Branco and Barry.

He's pulled out now.  Something his Father should have done many years ago.

Never knowingly overstated.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:14:10 »

Highly unlikely. He committed himself to Mansfield earlier in the week and has bought about 5 players. Why would he come here to make do with non league players, shit loans and anyone that hasn't. Sen signed by anyone else?

That's what I thought, which is why I think it might be a wind up.

Unless of course it's to increase the odds so that someone can put a wager on and rake in a few more quid Wink
Flashheart

« Reply #805 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:16:16 »

I'm impressed that Grim Reaper already knows what our squad will look like next season.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:27:46 »

I hear power has signed up the dream team of Dennis Wise & Gus Poyet with Mark Cooper as 1st team coach
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 14:43:11 »

Highly unlikely. He committed himself to Mansfield earlier in the week and has bought about 5 players.
Did he though? I thought that up until this bit in his statement:

I have always respected every chairman I worked for. I have always shook hands on things agreed and unless a chairman moves the goalposts, I have always been very, very loyal.

I'm not convinced that Evans is out of the picture yet and I reckon he would definitely have had discussions with Power. If the offer made to him is better than Mansfield's then his loyalty will be put to the test. The fact that Mansfield are signing lots of players would suggest that it would be difficult for him to say that the chairman has moved the goalposts mind.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:14:09 »

Mansfield have signed Lee Angol from Posh today. Unless Evans is planning on building two squads in one window I think it's safe to say we can rule him out.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Thursday, May 18, 2017, 15:20:37 »

Mansfield have signed Lee Angol from Posh today. Unless Evans is planning on building two squads in one window I think it's safe to say we can rule him out.

Conspiracy theorists will point out that he's not at the unveilings and talks about them like an outsider who's not making the deals.

I'm not the conspiracy theorist.

What Mansfield are doing isn't super common. They are not holding out for the 'auction' free agents that we seem to wait around for (and recently tend to lose out to)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: