Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361136 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #690 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:12:30 »

I don't see why the Trust would want, or have, any input into how the club operates on the field of play and through it's management chain.  To do so would muddy the waters they are just beginning to clear which is a primary focus on an aim to secure the ground as an asset for the fanbase/community.  The Trust has no place in being a sounding board for fan frustration ate how the footballing side of the club performs, unless it wants to usurp that previous target and aim for club ownership.

Exactly but there is a vocal minority trying to use the trust as a way to get people to voice their "displeasure" with the current regime and keep bringing up comments such as "why can't the trust buy out the crooked cunt".

One of the stupider "ideas" they have come up with was that the trust charge the club (Power) "millions" to use the CG (when bought), force him to sell up and then buy the club cheap

They seem to think the grass will be greener without Power in charge (as he is milking millions from the club) and the club will then have "millions" to spend on the team.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #691 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:13:14 »

It might be Steve Lomas or Sheena Easton.

But I think it will more likely be Hockaday.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #692 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:14:41 »

It's not great. TBF, not so much him as some of the people he's been associated with (Cousins et al) but he does seem to be "Johnny on the spot" quite a bit when bad shit happens around football clubs and failed property deals. Assuming you've looked into his past of course?

Yep, because I wanted to know what the club was getting itself into

Creat8 went into liquidation after being sued by Arsenal (after a poor contract)

Wasn't owner of Rushden, was only the DoF and left 2 years before they went bust

Bought a hotel in Peterborough and then closed it down as it was unprofitable

Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #693 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:15:21 »

What about Belial ?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #694 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:15:49 »

Maybe Behemoth ?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #695 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:16:09 »

Or even Beelzebub ?

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #696 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:16:51 »

Could be Asmodeus, Satanas or Lucifer

But I think most likely Hockaday !

garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #697 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:18:35 »

True, but the lack of communication, "in-out-shake-it-all-about" shit around Sherwood's role, questions about budget, WTF is going on with the training ground and what is the proposed model for ownership of it etc are all questions around running of the club that would fall within the Trust's remit. And tbf it is Power who has muddied the waters between the football and non-football sides by being an owner with a very hands on role in what goes on on the pitch

What more can he say about the training ground? The club released details they were looking at land, then released details of the land they bought and they were talking to the Eady Trust about how to use the money, they have now supposedly made an agreement with the ET and have started the process to get planning permission.

I don't disagree on the latter part but Black being "hands off" caused him to leave as he had no control over what his money was being spent on, Power has probably taken it too the extreme of being too hands on hence bringing in Sherwood to do some of the jobs Power was doing but they never really publicised what Sherwood's role was so fans are being critical as they haven't seen any reason for him being there.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #698 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:22:45 »

True, but the lack of communication, "in-out-shake-it-all-about" shit around Sherwood's role, questions about budget, WTF is going on with the training ground and what is the proposed model for ownership of it etc are all questions around running of the club that would fall within the Trust's remit. And tbf it is Power who has muddied the waters between the football and non-football sides by being an owner with a very hands on role in what goes on on the pitch

True, just think the Trust has found something useful to do for the first time since being a useful tool to provide outsiders with a light to shine on the mismanagement of Diamandis and presenting an alternative future.  Would be a shame to ruin that by spending hours debating who we want as Manager when nobody can agree anyway and nobody has a say anyway and in doing so it would only serve to confuse issues for the Trust.  Wrong channel - I'm not saying the right channels exist or are useful though.

And clearly the club is not in the worst state it has ever been, assuming we use club to cover the entire entity.  The team may be one of the worst ever assembled, but the little financial info we can get shows otherwise off the field (oh, and half the clubs in L1 release the same basic financial info we do).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #699 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:23:42 »

Scott Parker didn't make it on the pitch in either of Fulham's play off games... just sayin'.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #700 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:24:07 »

Yep, because I wanted to know what the club was getting itself into

Creat8 went into liquidation after being sued by Arsenal (after a poor contract)

Wasn't owner of Rushden, was only the DoF and left 2 years before they went bust

Bought a hotel in Peterborough and then closed it down as it was unprofitable

Smiley
That's an extremely positive spin on his past career, to say the least. Equally, you are right that there's a lot of 2+2=5 from some of Power's critics. You seem to have swayed almost as far in the other direction
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #701 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:24:40 »

True, just think the Trust has found something useful to do for the first time since being a useful tool to provide outsiders with a light to shine on the mismanagement of Diamandis and presenting an alternative future.  Would be a shame to ruin that by spending hours debating who we want as Manager when nobody can agree anyway and nobody has a say anyway and in doing so it would only serve to confuse issues for the Trust.  
Completely agree. If nothing else there's no need to spend hours debating about the new manager when Sheena is so clearly the person for the job Smiley
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #702 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:26:20 »

Oh, and on his past record, include Cambridge - he made a bit of a mess of that one and some of the hallmarks are very similar in his handling of the situation.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #703 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:29:51 »

I don't think the Trust can do something useful and just ignore the owner of the club, as if not there.  Makes no sense.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #704 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:31:09 »

Oh, and on his past record, include Cambridge - he made a bit of a mess of that one and some of the hallmarks are very similar in his handling of the situation.

There is very little available that I can find that went on there but he was supposedly DoF and then became manager temporarily, then quit after falling out with the directors.

This happened after trying to buy out Luton Town

It's so easy to see oh that club went bust and he was there, but when you look into the finer details, it's far from what it initially looked like.

I am not saying he is a saint, far from it but there is always 3 sides to a story
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: