Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 361167 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:16:54 »

Why, are his intentions to have few salable assets and stale football?

Spending millions on a business with very few if any assets seems to be a very stupid business plan for someone who is apparently trying to asset strip the club?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:19:57 »

Let me rephrase it then...

The Trust are having an open meeting on the 24th May at MECA.

I would urge all who are able and have STFC in their blood, to get along to this. I don't think the club has been in a worse state in my time, but there are other posters who disagree.

I still don't really see why this has a place in a thread which should be all about Sheena Easton, Steve Lomas and other ridiculous suggestions.
Johnny Reeves

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:23:37 »

Broken club...spot on.
A one man board,a man who sees the club as a business,not mega wealthy,had connections but seem to be running out of them.
Not able to be at the club day in day out,got other interests.
That leaves us with no manager,one player yes one player worth a transfer fee,a ground that needs attention and to make it worse tries to get a manager most of our fans detest.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #678 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:25:39 »

Think AA is the next logical choice, as he has basically said in the press "come and get me", there is also the chance that Cotterill could be tempted, as he has supposedly applied for the job twice previously and is now out of a job.

Christian from Facebook is probably about a credible source as bookies odds
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #679 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:26:56 »

In defense of Reg, whilst the club might be on a more stable footing (as we are led to believe) the club is fundamentally broken on the pitch as a result of Power assembling one of the worst squads in living memory. He has little interest in engaging with the fan base, his appointment of Sherwood was shambolic, we have a limited budget, stale football, few salable assets and to top that off he has a shady history which will always leave big question marks over his intentions. At this moment it is hard to be optimistic. Yes, that may change over the summer but at this moment I can see why Reg and other Town fans feel the way they do.
What is our budget and what style of football will our new manager play
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:28:24 »

What is it they say about getting a good indication of people if you see how they react to adversity?
Chrystovski

« Reply #681 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:35:24 »

Spending millions on a business with very few if any assets seems to be a very stupid business plan for someone who is apparently trying to asset strip the club?

At no point did I mention Asset stripping nor did I say he should spend millions. I've just pointed out his intentions will always be questioned by some as his history is shady.
Chrystovski

« Reply #682 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:39:40 »

What is our budget and what style of football will our new manager play

As I've said already

That may change over the summer

And it's well known our budget was one of the smaller ones in League 1. Power has said in the past if attendances go down so does the budget and as he’s already stated relegation will cost the club around £1 million so I think he will amend accordingly. He hasn’t said anything to date to say that won’t be the case.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:42:49 »

At no point did I mention Asset stripping nor did I say he should spend millions. I've just pointed out his intentions will always be questioned by some as his history is shady.

That's the problem, they put 1 + 1 and get 4. If they read into his past, it doesn't seem so bad but because of the way the past has been published, there will be a few that will always be vocal against Power.
Panda Paws

« Reply #684 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:49:43 »

Broken club...spot on.
A one man board,a man who sees the club as a business,not mega wealthy,had connections but seem to be running out of them.
Not able to be at the club day in day out,got other interests.
That leaves us with no manager,one player yes one player worth a transfer fee,a ground that needs attention and to make it worse tries to get a manager most of our fans detest.

The ground isn't his fault.
Pretty sure we're not a one-man board (can someone else confirm?)
Most owners aren't day-to-day running the club, hence CEOs, MDs General Managers etc (which we have)

But other than that....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:51:36 »

Hockaday I tell you! Hockaday!

He scored against Peter Shilton with a cross-come-shot I'll have you know!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:54:25 »

I don't see why the Trust would want, or have, any input into how the club operates on the field of play and through it's management chain.  To do so would muddy the waters they are just beginning to clear which is a primary focus on an aim to secure the ground as an asset for the fanbase/community.  The Trust has no place in being a sounding board for fan frustration ate how the footballing side of the club performs, unless it wants to usurp that previous target and aim for club ownership.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 13:56:29 »

Bloody hell Reg!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:05:48 »

If they read into his past, it doesn't seem so bad
It's not great. TBF, not so much him as some of the people he's been associated with (Cousins et al) but he does seem to be "Johnny on the spot" quite a bit when bad shit happens around football clubs and failed property deals. Assuming you've looked into his past of course?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 14:08:40 »

I don't see why the Trust would want, or have, any input into how the club operates on the field of play and through it's management chain.  To do so would muddy the waters they are just beginning to clear which is a primary focus on an aim to secure the ground as an asset for the fanbase/community.  The Trust has no place in being a sounding board for fan frustration ate how the footballing side of the club performs, unless it wants to usurp that previous target and aim for club ownership.
True, but the lack of communication, "in-out-shake-it-all-about" shit around Sherwood's role, questions about budget, WTF is going on with the training ground and what is the proposed model for ownership of it etc are all questions around running of the club that would fall within the Trust's remit. And tbf it is Power who has muddied the waters between the football and non-football sides by being an owner with a very hands on role in what goes on on the pitch
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: