Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360006 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #630 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 07:33:40 »

I agree I don't think Power has done anything wrong or handled anything in the incorrect way regarding this saga at all.

I am not a fan of Powers methods but he has done nothing wrong whatsoever in our search for a new manager and any moaning is just moaning for moans sake, another stick to beat Power with.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 07:47:45 »

I agree I don't think Power has done anything wrong or handled anything in the incorrect way regarding this saga at all.

I am not a fan of Powers methods but he has done nothing wrong whatsoever in our search for a new manager and any moaning is just moaning for moans sake, another stick to beat Power with.
This!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 08:31:57 »

Absolutely, only need to go through last couple of pages to see that
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 08:48:52 »

Completely agree PV

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 08:50:58 »

Absolutely, only need to go through last couple of pages to see that

I've been through the last couple of pages, there is literally 1 post wishing it had been kept quiet, and several saying it had.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:37:51 »

Adver Sports Desk‏ @AdverSport  23m23 minutes ago
More
 Mansfield Town manager Steve Evans 'honoured' by approach from Swindon Town but committed to #Stags
#stfc
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:44:16 »

It's done. Let us move on.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:44:30 »

Adver Sports Desk‏ @AdverSport  23m23 minutes ago
More
 Mansfield Town manager Steve Evans 'honoured' by approach from Swindon Town but committed to #Stags
#stfc

He loves a venison burger....

Well hopefully that puts that charade to bed and we can move on with the job in hand.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:47:09 »

Looking at Archibalds page on Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Archibald it appears that he played as a defender and thus one would hope has a clue about coaching a defence, something we haven't had for many a year.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:56:13 »

Looking at Archibalds page on Wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Archibald it appears that he played as a defender and thus one would hope has a clue about coaching a defence, something we haven't had for many a year.
So did Malpas.... Wink

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 09:59:39 »

I don't know where it's come from, but it's coming from somewhere.  Why not just keep things quiet about who we're speaking to until there's something concrete to avoid all the speculation?  Other clubs seem to manage it.

There were rumours for weeks about Paul Sturrock after Wise left 11 years ago. Did you moan about that, too?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:07:56 »

So did Malpas.... Wink

Poor old Maurice Malpas. There's an example of a manager who didn't receive the full support of our fans at any stage. He was rubbish though.

Back-to-back cup losses to Histon and Brighton ended Malpas' dour reign. Talk about contrast in fortunes Brighton now Premier League and Histon's bubble burst quite quickly.
Stevens

« Reply #642 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:19:18 »

Thank God Evans is not coming here. Best news of the day.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #643 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:20:52 »

Poor old Maurice Malpas. There's an example of a manager who didn't receive the full support of our fans at any stage. He was rubbish though.

Back-to-back cup losses to Histon and Brighton ended Malpas' dour reign. Talk about contrast in fortunes Brighton now Premier League and Histon's bubble burst quite quickly.
I don't think management suited him unfortunately, he had 2 seasons at at 2 clubs both with similar 31% win ratios, hes obviously a better coach than manager....sounds like someone else who left us recently.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:21:19 »

The Trust are having an open meeting o the 24th May at MECA.

I would urge all who are able and have STFC in their blood, to get along to this. I don't think the club has been in a worse state in my time.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: