Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359988 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:34:05 »

Town to sign Zander Diamond and Marc McNulty day just days after Statement Friday...

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:43:53 »

One thing that concerns me if Evans does join us, is the loyalty he would of shown to Mansfield.

Having been there 6 months and jumped at the 1st opportunity, who’s to say he wouldn’t do the same to us if we start the season well and a bigger club comes in for him?

If he's appointed, the day he leaves can't come soon enough.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:50:50 »

That's clearly a come and get me, the only concern is he would not necessarily know what players are needed for L2 and we need to hit the ground running with recruitment

It certainly reads like that but maybe he is being clever and not distancing himself from it to give himself room to negotiate with his current club over what he needs to push them any further (if possible).

I have to say if its a choice between Archibald and Evans i go with Archibald all day long. Evans had success with money at Crawley and pretty crap spells everywhere else, not even counting his odious personality. Archibald on face value seems to have done well on a low budget and has continually improved a club. So what he doesn't know league 2, neither did PDC or Dennis Wise.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:51:37 »

It certainly reads like that but maybe he is being clever and not distancing himself from it to give himself room to negotiate with his current club over what he needs to push them any further (if possible).

I have to say if its a choice between Archibald and Evans i go with Archibald all day long. Evans had success with money at Crawley and pretty crap spells everywhere else, not even counting his odious personality. Archibald on face value seems to have done well on a low budget and has continually improved a club. So what he doesn't know league 2, neither did PDC or Dennis Wise.

Didn't Evans win back to back promotions with Rotherham?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:57:32 »

Mansfield signing number 4. (not Fraser, not Fraser) Digby.

can we put Evans to Swindon to bed now?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:57:54 »

Mansfield have just completed their second signing of the day.....
It's looking less and less likely to be Evans, I still think there is going to be some twists and turns to come.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:03:13 »

Didn't Evans win back to back promotions with Rotherham?

You are quite right, turns out i know nothing! Still don't want the prick
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:05:19 »

So what he doesn't know league 2, neither did PDC or Dennis Wise.

Both had a decent nucleus of players from the previous campaign to work with...we've got Luke Norris and erm maybe Dion Conroy, who's played maybe a dozen games.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:07:50 »

Both had a decent nucleus of players from the previous campaign to work with...we've got Luke Norris and erm maybe Dion Conroy, who's played maybe a dozen games.

I wouldn't want a nucleus of the players we had last season anyway. I don't see the level he has managed at in Scotland as much of a difference to league two/one so he knows the standard of players he needs for the job.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:08:01 »

That's clearly a come and get me, the only concern is he would not necessarily know what players are needed for L2 and we need to hit the ground running with recruitment
I haven't been approached yet, but I would strongly consider moving if Swindon Town were to offer me the job of manager.  I would certainly listen to what Mr Power had to say, but I am happy with my life at the moment and the job I am doing.

(Does that say come and get me too?)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:18:23 »

Mansfield have just completed their second signing of the day.....
It's looking less and less likely to be Evans, I still think there is going to be some twists and turns to come.

I hope that's the case.  He's an odious and vile man.  After last season's shambles, surely Power would not be so stupid to make such a divisive appointment?

Whatever the outcome, it's fast becoming a bit of a farce.  Same old Swindon!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #596 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:23:30 »

I haven't been approached yet, but I would strongly consider moving if Swindon Town were to offer me the job of manager.  I would certainly listen to what Mr Power had to say, but I am happy with my life at the moment and the job I am doing.

(Does that say come and get me too?)
That does indeed sound like a "come get me Mr Power"

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:30:59 »

I hope that's the case.  He's an odious and vile man.  After last season's shambles, surely Power would not be so stupid to make such a divisive appointment?

Whatever the outcome, it's fast becoming a bit of a farce.  Same old Swindon!

What is 'it' and how is 'it' becoming a farce?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:31:57 »

How is it becoming a farce? didn't we say 8 days a few days ago and everything else appears to be either agents or clubs leaking their own info out, nothing has come from us so far has it?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 16:51:42 »

Just signed player number 5. Paul Anderson this time
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: