Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359998 times)
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:22:16 »

The Portsmouth manager in that book is blatantly Michael Appleton
Without doubt, especially as Kitson retired a year early shortly after Appleton became Oxford manager.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:28:24 »

That's all very good, Reg, but what this has done is very publicly raise fans expectations. If not Evans then surely the money is there to spend on a different decent manager. It also points to having a decent budget to attract Evans.

If it subsequently proves to be our usual low key recruitment then whatever credibility Power has will be shot to pieces.

Not really...Evans doesn't have much of rep beyond being a dodgy lower league boss. Power doesn't have any credibility.

However, I think most fans will be happy, if we can at least look like a side that goes out to try and win games with a few players who look like pros.
Flashheart

« Reply #572 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:30:33 »

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/15288980.Archibald_would__consider__Town_move/
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:41:21 »

I am loving the comments across all social media about potential managers:

"Evans is a cunt, I willl never watch a game with him in charge"

"Cotterill is a cunt, I will never watch a game in charge"

"Archibald is a Power puppet, we need a 'hard fucker' as a manager, not a wimp"

"We need an experienced manager, not a kid"

The few that "hate" Evans is because he called the club a circus when PDC was here, the few that "hate" Cotterill is because of his comments about the club when we beat them at the CG a couple seasons back.

Whoever is brought in is going to divide the fans, they either hate the person "because he is a cunt" or because they aren't a "hard fucker" and will be a "Power puppet".
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:41:44 »

My worry about him would be the new man/woman is going to have to build a squad more or less from scratch. it needs someone who knows Div 4/Conference level, and it needs to start asap, otherwise we'll be in the same position as the last couple of seasons.

I know it's a bit easier in Div 4 with only two down, but we need someone to hit the ground running...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:52:06 »

Just noticed betting odds, Archibald has gone out from evens to 3-1, Fatty has gone from 7-4 to 1-3 favourite,  let's hope it's the same as Corbyn and Trump and the bookies have fucked up.  PLEASE ............... A MILLION TIMES PLEASE.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:55:02 »

My worry about him would be the new man/woman is going to have to build a squad more or less from scratch. it needs someone who knows Div 4/Conference level, and it needs to start asap, otherwise we'll be in the same position as the last couple of seasons.

I know it's a bit easier in Div 4 with only two down, but we need someone to hit the ground running...

Patrick Thistle's recruitment isn't a million miles off L2/National League standard. They dip in to similar talents pools of than Swindon will be under whoever takes over.

Abdul Osman, David Amoo, Mustapha Dumbuya, Ade Azeez, Adam Barton all Partick players with lower Football League experience while Christie Elliott joined from the Northern League. All of them helping Thistle finish in the top half of the Scottish Premiership.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 13:58:39 »

Patrick Thistle's recruitment isn't a million miles off L2/National League standard. They dip in to similar talents pools of than Swindon will be under whoever takes over.

Abdul Osman, David Amoo, Mustapha Dumbuya, Ade Azeez, Adam Barton all Partick players with lower Football League experience while Christie Elliott joined from the Northern League. All of them helping Thistle finish in the top half of the Scottish Premiership.

I'd imagine there must be a core of Sweatie players though.  Your list was 6 long, the last time I looked, ours was nearer to 15.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 14:09:13 »

That's clearly a come and get me, the only concern is he would not necessarily know what players are needed for L2 and we need to hit the ground running with recruitment
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 14:58:02 »

If the approaching of Evans was really all just a ploy for Power to look like he was doing something, would the club not be publicising it, everything to date appears to have come from the Mansfield end, and it is not really clear why they have publicised it either unless its to try and show the fans that they are trying to keep hold of him?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:12:50 »

I think it more likely Evans has publicised it unofficially to put Mansfield's owner under pressure.

more likely than Power pulling the 'unrealistic signing' publicity stunt ...  again .. that is.

but who knows.

my take is Evans expressed an interest and is either coming, or been headed off by Mansfield upping his budget and making a move to us less appealing...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:17:15 »

oh and Mansfield have signed another player (not McNulty)..

doesn't scream of the manager leaving.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:26:43 »

Maybe he's not responsible for player recruitment at Mansfield  Wink.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:28:40 »

fair comment, but not believe to be the case according to young Wills
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 15:31:03 »

Mansfield fans should be grateful that we let them have Ray Clarke for fuck all...I'd imagine Ray must be up there in the top 5 Stags players of all time.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: