Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 360021 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:09:44 »

Mansfield is literally just an exit on the M1 nobody uses.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:11:05 »

Considering he "isn't leaving Stags" and is a "non-story" 132 contributions to a nothing thread is quite the interest. I'm finding it hilarious, I mean I couldn't care less if Evans becomes our new manager or not but if I was a MTFC fan then i'd be pretty concerned at the silence of the current manager. A manager that they have pinned so many hopes on  Clap

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:15:00 »

Regardless of whether we want Evans as our manager or not - and I am in the NO camp - it will be refreshing to see a manager with a bit of passion on the touchline unlike the mediocrity we have experienced in recent seasons!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:16:55 »

Considering he "isn't leaving Stags" and is a "non-story" 132 contributions to a nothing thread is quite the interest. I'm finding it hilarious, I mean I couldn't care less if Evans becomes our new manager or not but if I was a MTFC fan then i'd be pretty concerned at the silence of the current manager. A manager that they have pinned so many hopes on  Clap

It's like a milder version of when we had a bid for James Constable accepted.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:22:17 »

It's like a milder version of when we had a bid for James Constable accepted.

One fella suggests Stags should use their new found "wealth", to destabilise us by putting in a bid for one of our highly rated players  Smiley
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:23:08 »

One fella suggests Stags should use their new found "wealth", to destabilise us by putting in a bid for one of our highly rated players  Smiley

do we have any apart from vigs?  Huh?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:24:04 »

Maybe this was our plan all along? Conor Thomas for £250,000?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:24:50 »

do we have any apart from vigs?  Huh?

No Gareth we don't, in fact we hardly have any players and of course Vigs is on the market.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:35:20 »

Mansfield is literally just an exit on the M1 nobody uses.

Sorry Sonic, I get the intent and football clubs aside; I live not so far away from Mansfield and it's actually one of the better Towns in the area. It's a small town nonetheless but has plenty of historic buildings and very much mirrors the older architecture of Nottingham in parts. At the Swan pub there is a stone dated 1400's (can't remember the exact date) and much of the building still survive from that century. Unfortunately family tell me that in the 1970's they demolished quite a few of the 15th century buildings and it's most 17th century stuff now. Still quite interesting historically though.

Also Mansfield is basically the middle of Sherwood Forest which i'm sure needs no introduction.

Football wise I couldn't give a damn but go into the Town and it's one of the more interesting Towns than most of today's "blueprint Britain". Generally speaking, football fans and hooligans of yesteryear aside, the people of Mansfield are generally a  fair lot.

'Incessant Nonsense'

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:35:54 »

Im really enjoying being a "big fish" again in this league and the hatred that follows. Its only May and we haven't wasted anytime. Reminds of tapping up Luke Rooney and just having Di Canio in general as gaffa.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:39:18 »

Sorry Sonic, I get the intent and football clubs aside; I live not so far away from Mansfield and it's actually one of the better Towns in the area. It's a small town nonetheless but has plenty of historic buildings and very much mirrors the older architecture of Nottingham in parts. At the Swan pub there is a stone dated 1400's (can't remember the exact date) and much of the building still survive from that century. Unfortunately family tell me that in the 1970's they demolished quite a few of the 15th century buildings and it's most 17th century stuff now. Still quite interesting historically though.

Also Mansfield is basically the middle of Sherwood Forest which i'm sure needs no introduction.

Football wise I couldn't give a damn but go into the Town and it's one of the more interesting Towns than most of today's "blueprint Britain". Generally speaking, football fans and hooligans of yesteryear aside, the people of Mansfield are generally a  fair lot.

Fuck me are you auditioning for the role as East Midlands based Reg?  Wink Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:39:28 »

Im really enjoying being a "big fish" again in this league and the hatred that follows. Its only May and we haven't wasted anytime. Reminds of tapping up Luke Rooney and just having Di Canio in general as gaffa.

We are quite hated, by our own supporters Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #522 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:40:03 »

Elsewhere, I read one Mansfield fan bemoan the 'brown paper bag' transfer of Colin Calderwood during the OUR-CLUB-IS-BETTER-THAN-YOUR-CLUB dick-swinging that goes on during this sort of business. Got to love 30 year old grudges.

I thought the Football League decided that transfer fee?

It's ironic that Steve Evans got convicted of similar crimes as Brian Hillier. The media will cotton on and lap this up I am sure.

What's even more ironic is that there is a section of our fan base bemoaning that Lee Power is asset stripping the club, taking us for a ride and is effectively a crook. This same section of fans appear to have made Steve Evans, a convicted fraudster and supposed friend of Power as their standout candidate for manager.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:46:22 »

Fuck me are you auditioning for the role as East Midlands based Reg?  Wink Cheesy

I'm sure he'll disagree but Reg does get around....it's not beyond the realms of possibility and I know he has a soft spot for old mining towns Wink  Pint Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Tuesday, May 16, 2017, 08:47:33 »

It's ironic that Steve Evans got convicted of similar crimes as Brian Hillier. The media will cotton on and lap this up I am sure.

Somebody will notice. They always do.

What's even more ironic is that there is a section of our fan base bemoaning that Lee Power is asset stripping the club, taking us for a ride and is effectively a crook. This same section of fans appear to have made Steve Evans, a convicted fraudster and supposed friend of Power as their standout candidate for manager.

I read somewhere, probably on the Facebook page, a conversation where it seemed that some Town fans wanted Steve Evans at Swindon simply because it would upset the 'lefty snowflake' element of our fanbase.

This was me mostly reading between the lines though.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: