Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 127   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new manager thread.  (Read 359968 times)
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:13:00 »

Think we'll still end up with someone relatively inexperienced like Drummy or Ramsey.

If he sticks to his word that the new manager will be bringing all players in and control everything then it wouldn't make sense to get an inexperienced manager in, so I am in the mindset that he knows he has to do it properly and will get someone in with some form of experience, my personal favourite is JFH but Archibald seems to be bookies favourite and he has done well at Partrick so can see it being him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:15:56 »

I think my semi-realistic preference is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Yesterday's news would make room for his usual staff of David Oldfield (assistant) and Chris Barnes (strength and conditioning) to link up while Dean Thornton, who would have been at QPR at the same time will stay (I doubt Gavin Ward will want to leave QPR for Swindon).

Hasselbaink needs a way back in to management after he was part of that sting earlier in the season.

Thornton is still here and not going anywhere he said on twitter. I think JFH could be right
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:24:06 »

Would be very pleased with Hasselbaink relative to the other options.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:26:47 »

Thornton is still here and not going anywhere he said on twitter. I think JFH could be right

I noticed that too, JFH does seem to be the logical choice but the questions I wonder are, would he want to drop back down to L2 after managing in the champs and why are his odds so low on bookies when he is basically unemployed and works with friends of Power (Ferdinand etc) at QPR? I would love it to be JFH but realistically think it will be AA just because I can see JFH biding his time for another champs team to look for a manager.
bilko

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:28:38 »

Archibald had been interviewed and not being considered for the job I've been told by a very good source
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:33:43 »

Archibald had been interviewed and not being considered for the job I've been told by a very good source

That's a shame, which leaves me with my first choice of JFH but as per above I am not sure he would go for it.

I am loving this merry go round though of who is the next manager, brings a little excitement during a boring 6 weeks before the transfer window opens  Cheesy
tans

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:34:04 »

Who else been interviewed? Any idea?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:36:08 »

If he sticks to his word that the new manager will be bringing all players in and control everything then it wouldn't make sense to get an inexperienced manager in, so I am in the mindset that he knows he has to do it properly and will get someone in with some form of experience, my personal favourite is JFH but Archibald seems to be bookies favourite and he has done well at Partrick so can see it being him.

True. As long as we don't go for the young manager and 'director of football' approach. Something I'm massively against.
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:38:01 »

True. As long as we don't go for the young manager and 'director of football' approach. Something I'm massively against.

Sherwood has basically said he isn't involved anymore and wasn't a job to him, more of helping out a friend so I would guess that the DoF approach has been dropped hence why he has gone public and said the manager (whoever it will be) will have full control over all transfers.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:47:59 »

I would guess that Power has the new manager lined up and it's just a case of sorting punt the paperwork. Given the fact that Embleton and the fatness coach were relieved of their duties would indicate new manager wants his own staff in.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:49:13 »

Sherwood has basically said he isn't involved anymore and wasn't a job to him, more of helping out a friend so I would guess that the DoF approach has been dropped hence why he has gone public and said the manager (whoever it will be) will have full control over all transfers.
You're improving my optimism  Cheesy
garethgillman

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 14:51:27 »

You're improving my optimism  Cheesy

The optimism is what hurts a fan when it goes tits up but I am optimistic that next season could be very interesting, not PDC interesting but definitely interesting
tans

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 15:16:38 »

JFH on holiday until the 18th Wink
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 15:20:27 »

I thought I asked you to keep that quiet  Hmmm
Flashheart

« Reply #389 on: Saturday, May 13, 2017, 16:01:10 »

I can't help but thinking that 'within 8 days' is a very specific number. Why 8 days?

Then I think of Tans' comment about JFH being on holiday until the day before, and then remind myself that it's coming from Tans.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 127   Go Up
Print
Jump to: